Green Day surprise show at the Metro Chicago 7/29

pacejunkie punk

Welp...have fun peeps. 

Pretty disappointed but this was to be expected. This is why I kind of hate these shows.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Struck out too. I feel like the 1,000 people that scored are more like lucky contest winners. This feels so random when so many of us were in line so early. Oh well. Hoping for a good recording.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I wish they had just gone onsale when they announced this yesterday.

2 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

I wish they had just gone onsale when they announced this yesterday.

It wouldn't have mattered. I wonder if all the platinum members were guaranteed tickets and swiped them all. Seems there were not many available from the start

• Like 1

So disappointing.  This is seriously like my dream and in my home city.  Oh well, I couldn't have gone anyway due to bad timing, but would have been nice to get my kid a ticket tho.

Bummed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Does anyone know if Metro is prohibiting cameras? Like I said, that's when you'll know they'll be playing new songs!!!!!

I’ve always been the one to be jealous of all the club shows not in my city. And then here we are and I couldn’t make it work.  :(

But now besides hubby having an early wake up call on Saturday he’s asked me to work with him as he’s short staffed. A 12 hour day on my feet. I would never have made it after a show. 

Sometimes life is not how you want it to be. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

People who buy ticket the resale it are fuckers.

img%5D

Oh and I don't know who this guy is but he deleted the tweet. Still a strange post tho

img%5D

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Surprised 7

39 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It wouldn't have mattered. I wonder if all the platinum members were guaranteed tickets and swiped them all. Seems there were not many available from the start

I don't know, since there is a bit of a difference between 1 hour's notice and 25 hours' notice.

16 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

at what time the show starts on friday? (chicago time)

Doors open at 9. Show starts at 11 PM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

img%5D

Oh and I don't know who this guy is but he deleted the tweet. Still a strange post tho

img%5D

WTF?!?!?

• Like 1

I know it’s a big If but if anyone has 1 extra ticket please let me know 

it’s not for me. It’s for a friend 

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

There's a Reddit post about the tweets too. Perhaps maybe we should start a thread about it here to?

It will ends up being a "it was just a stupid joke"

• Like 1

Yeah the account has since been made private, but it looks like they were just butthurt they didn't get tickets?

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 6.29.45 PM.png

Edit: If you look at the account's mentions on Twitter it looks like their friends are joking about it. :rolleyes: 

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

There's a Reddit post about the tweets too. Perhaps maybe we should start a thread about it here too?

I honestly don't think it's worth causing a panic like that.

5 hours ago, lizziebix said:

I’ve always been the one to be jealous of all the club shows not in my city. And then here we are and I couldn’t make it work.  :(

This is exactly how I feel. I spent most of my lunch break trying to get tickets. Had the option to add to cart several times but every time it said there was no tickets available once I tried.

So I realize this is basically a hopeless plea, but if anyone has a +1 that is not currently in use I would be beyond enthused to reimburse you for it and be your plus one.

20 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Yeah the account has since been made private, but it looks like they were just butthurt they didn't get tickets?

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 6.29.45 PM.png

Edit: If you look at the account's mentions on Twitter it looks like their friends are joking about it. :rolleyes: 

I honestly don't think it's worth causing a panic like that.

This is less than a month after Highland Park.  Beyond stupid and hurtful.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Biddymc said:

This is less than a month after Highland Park.  Beyond stupid and hurtful.

It's disgusting. Luckily the idiot links to his band page with his full name listed, so the authorities will have no trouble tracking him down!

• Like 4