Green Day surprise show at the Metro Chicago 7/29

pacejunkie punk

That one security guard really liked Brainstew. :lol:

Really happy to see Warning.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Cali89 said:

Maybe unpopular opinion but I love Too dumb to die! So cool they played it! 

Too Dumb to Die is great!

This is great set.

Why is he wearing yellow flowers?

• Like 4

As I far I recall, Whatsername wasn't perfomed in full besides the AI full shows in 2004/2005. Also, this would be the first time without backing track ever.

I'm also having a hard time remembering when was the last time they performed Disappearing Boy without any covers in between. Full performances are rare, but no covers? Haha

7 minutes ago, greendepent said:

I'm also having a hard time remembering when was the last time they performed Disappearing Boy without any covers in between. Full performances are rare, but no covers? Haha

Looks like they last played it at Rough Trade in New York in 2016. If that featured any covers/medleys then the House of Blues show in Cleveland would be the last time (played it as Sweet Children).

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/green-day/2016/rough-trade-nyc-brooklyn-ny-3fd1d4f.html

15 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Looks like they last played it at Rough Trade in New York in 2016. If that featured any covers/medleys then the House of Blues show in Cleveland would be the last time (played it as Sweet Children).

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/green-day/2016/rough-trade-nyc-brooklyn-ny-3fd1d4f.html

Didn’t they play it for Serena at the Superbowl weekend show in February?

@BrendanL thank you so much for your recap! Really sounds like Billie just said 'fuck it' which is amusing and makes me feel for Mike and Tre especially. Also Kevin, having to jump out a lot.

I thought I said this already but seems that I forgot. I'm just floored by how amazing this live version of Warning was, especially since they haven't performed it live since 2001. And it sounded terrific, I think it was one of the best performances of the night.

This concert sounds like it's definitely going to go down in Green Day history as one of their best performances. Even though I couldn't be there live, I'm so glad I could be a part of it through the live streams. Kinda took me back to watching live videos of the Cipher Hunt back in 2016!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I wonder if the Lolla setlist will be the same as Hella Mega or if they'll play more deep cuts!!!!

I expect the setlist to snap right back like elastic to the HM hits on Sunday 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Flashback said:

As a so called „average stadium concert goer“ I don‘t see the logic behind demanding from a band, that they don‘t play their best known and most successful songs 😅

You are posting here regularly, you are not an average concert goer, you’re a nerd like the rest of us  🙃

dunno where else to put this, but I wasn't actually expecting this kind of response from the venue after I tweeted this out last night! At least it quelled my suspicion that a staff member streamed it without the venue knowing, and that's why it stopped.

https://imgur.com/a/R3dUmAo

• Like 2

Have put these in the Instagram thread but thought I'd put them here too

f8cd197f1f4eba5da1b92ec9c3d66de37ccac254

0bdf4642309a97bba701dbbb9fd1766ccbfafb20

9585e6430ba35480d50d31c416f3c6a0b63aabaf

ca75ce64eac3a9674ab903af79567c1b99f21279

70f83d4a345059fc4031fd5afe367378e70c0cdb

0fa23f88cba321b1240d657b61ff9f64b12f146b

17d5fbcfa26993b8ed9accf5c50ebfd71d848ec2

• Like 1
  • Love 2