Green Day surprise show at the Metro Chicago 7/29

pacejunkie punk

40 minutes ago, Plankfan said:

J.A.R - 

Wish those people just having a chat would STFU

• Like 2

Damm that's a lot better then that shitty greatest hits setlist with King for a day again and again. 

Hopefully someone with a Zoom or other recording device taped this show :) 

• Like 1

If what I'm seeing on setlist.fm is true...

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, GREEN DAY!   But you're telling me FOAM, the greatest album of 2020 was really a troll?   Still nothing from FOAM. 

Scattered followed by Too Dumb to Die is the most epic thing to ever happen at a Green Day show, ever.   

• Like 2

Dont wanna read the 16 pages I missed this night but what a setlist. MURDER CITY AND WHATSERNAME

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Why am I going to bed at 9 PM now.... The good ol'days were better.

• Like 1

wow if setlistfm is correct ... they literally played something from EVERY album they released, even the trilogy got some attention ... only foam is missing lol

im sure this was a fucking blast, what a set

so they can pull off very, veeery deep cuts, im sad now they didnt do atleast one at the final hellamega show in paris

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Oh god, don’t even get me started on the Longshot show I went to where crazy fans jumped on stage and grabbed the mic and started singing. Then when people realized there was no barrier or security, they all had to rush the stage for their forced “moment” with Billie and take selfies and act like it was something genuine. I came to hear him sing, not watch you make an idiot of yourself. :rolleyes: 

Was that Pawtucket, by chance? Because those kids were fucking obnoxious.

• Like 1

Wow the videos are amazing, must have been a great show! I‘m so happy that they brought back some RevRad tracks 😍 oh and that TV Yellow Les Paul Junior!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alf said:

This is how you do a setlist...

This prove how you can play a variety of songs and still deliver a great show....

This is how you respect every fan...

This is beautiful!

But tomorrow it's gonna be the same HM setlist tho.

18 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

But tomorrow it's gonna be the same HM setlist tho.

Hahahah sad

How one can defend that that stable HM set is best for anyone? This was pure gold and they could change everything for the nextshow that it would also be amazing

Wow, a bunch of deep cuts and they STILL skipped over FOAM!!! I’m also surprised they didn’t play anything new from 1972!!!

• Like 2

So did they play any songs they usually play on HM?  Or were they all different?  For those that are going to both?

27 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Oh Love was such a Trilogy tease. Sad that’s as close as we got to a trilogy song. He should have done Stay the Night at least we know he knows it

Still, it’s a delight to hear anything trilogy even if it’s a snippet.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

If this is what they like to play at the moment, this gives me big hopes for the near future 🙃 

Would be amazing to have a full scale tour with something like this, but I can already see the average stadium concert goer crying on social medias cause they didn’t close with Good Riddance and they didn’t play WMUWSE and BOBD. 

• Like 3