Green Day surprise show at the Metro Chicago 7/29

pacejunkie punk

6 minutes ago, BrendanL said:

Holy fuck we’re getting a bunch of deep cuts. They just taped the set lists down

What songs did you see on the list?

17 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

It does disappoint me that it seems like unless you dedicate like 48 hours to going to a show, these super fans will always beat everyone out.

I never got to experience an intimate Green Day show before. Admittedly, I have been to 5 of their concerts since I became a fan, but those were all in large arenas where I don't feel like I am taking the opportunity away from others to see the band. 

I don't want to sound entitled here. I know that we all would want to see Green Day whenever we can, but I do feel like if you have seen a band like GD front and center in many of these small shows, maybe give some other people a chance. It seems like such a magical experience, and I do hope I can experience it someday.

Also, does anyone remember Billie addressing these kinds of fans who are always front row at the small shows? I think he said it during a Longshot/Coverups show.

Don’t remember the day or venue but I do remember something like this from a YouTube clip or Instagram of a Longshot show.

Edited by Big Neil

5 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

does anyone remember Billie addressing these kinds of fans who are always front row at the small shows? I think he said it during a Longshot/Coverups show.

I remember and it's the same group of people (or a variation of the same group) tonight

I really hope you get the chance to experience a small show like this one day soon

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Oh god, don’t even get me started on the Longshot show I went to where crazy fans jumped on stage and grabbed the mic and started singing. Then when people realized there was no barrier or security, they all had to rush the stage for their forced “moment” with Billie and take selfies and act like it was something genuine. I came to hear him sing, not watch you make an idiot of yourself. :rolleyes: 

THIS. Such a fucking terrible moment. I was embarrassed on behalf of everyone. Absolute animals.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, Lindsay said:

THIS. Such a fucking terrible moment. I was embarrassed on behalf of everyone. Absolute animals.

I still cannot listen to Rockaway Beach because of it LOL

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

LOL same. Too many bad flashbacks hahah

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, legendary said:

2 page setlist 

Pics or it's not true 😅

... hot take :lol: 

Look if I were there...that would be me too hahaha

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

The French girl that got up to sing that punched me in the back of the head at another show! Had a bump for a few weeks! The show hadn't even started when she punched me

• Sad 2
  • Surprised 4

I LOLed at the reply to that tweet: "So rich?"

• Haha 1

So Brandon, essentially :lol: 

• Haha 1

Just now, Zebahar said:

Look if I were there...that would be me too hahaha

SAME, that's probably why I enjoyed the tweet so much. My husband always gets shit because he's over 6 foot. :lol: 

Just now, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

The French girl that got up to sing that punched me in the back of the head at another show! Had a bump for a few weeks! The show hadn't even started when she punched me

Seriously? I thought Brandon was the only one who got routinely pummeled. I distinctly remember an angry girl in that crowd telling him he needed to move and just laughing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1