Green Day surprise show at the Metro Chicago 7/29

pacejunkie punk

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No chance. Should we place bets on how many songs he'll mess up? 😄

I put my bet on a lyrics sheet.

2 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Alright let's play a game:

Them playing a new song; 20% chance. Under or Over?

Under. I think the chance of a new song is 10% or less.

Chance they'll play Christie Road: 35%. Over or Under?

New song- under.

Christie Road- under

Chance they'll play a song they haven't played since at least the 21CB era- over under 20%

3 minutes ago, Montclare said:

New song- under.

Christie Road- under

Chance they'll play a song they haven't played since at least the 21CB era- over under 20%

Depends. A 21CB song like EJN or Static Age? 0%. An older song they just haven't played since then? 15%

Chance of a Trilogy song -- Over Under 25%

Honestly I think they are most likely (odds of 75% or over) going to play the same deep tracks they often do at these shows, from 39/Smooth, Kerplunk, Insomniac

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Chance of a Trilogy song -- Over Under 25%

Over.  The poster makes me think there might be trilogy stuff, at least Stay the Night.

Chance they play at least one Foxies/Network/PG/Longshot song- 50% (largely alcohol dependent I think; longer the night goes on, more likely it happens)

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Over.  The poster makes me think there might be trilogy stuff, at least Stay the Night.

Chance they play at least one Foxies/Network/PG/Longshot song- 50% (largely alcohol dependent I think; longer the night goes on, more likely it happens)

Yes and also high chance of Coverups covers

How about other bets? Chance Billie will light up a cigarette onstage? 85% 

• Haha 3

Stay The Night and Fell For You they played pretty often at the Coverups shows. Really the only question is standard setlist or not. If no, and at this kind of venue, all bets are off.

• Like 2

I don’t remember the last time I’ve been this excited for a show I wasn’t going to. (A part of me expects the usual setlist though :P)

• Like 4

Do famous bands still play unreleased albums from front to the back? In times of social media the whole album would be recorded and uploaded to youtube 🤔

How’s the scene at the metro? Are people without tickets getting them from people? 

I just gave up and going to spend the day at the festival then rest later, underestimated how tiring a whole day is. Metallica killed me.

Has anyone confirmed yet that they’ll record/stream? I’m an old lady now and midnight is getting close to my bedtime... need to know it’ll be worth my time to stay up. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Has anyone confirmed yet that they’ll record/stream? I’m an old lady now and midnight is getting close to my bedtime... need to know it’ll be worth my time to stay up. :lol: 

Lollapalooza will be live streamead

55 minutes ago, Duhhan1023 said:

If the first song is American Idiot, we are screwed. If it's welcome to paradise we might be in for a treat

Or if they kick things off with a trilogy deep cut, then we’re REALLY in for something special.

7 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I live in germany, the show starts when we have saturday 6am in the morning 😥

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Stewe said:

Lollapalooza will be live streamead

Oh I just meant for this show tonight! "Back in the day" (oh gosh, was that the trilogy era?) people used to live stream a lot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Oh I just meant for this show tonight! "Back in the day" (oh gosh, was that the trilogy era?) people used to live stream a lot.

I don't have any clue for tonight show.

44 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I was thinking the same 😅We're getting old.

• Haha 1

This is a show where they CAN'T start with AI, Welcome to Paradise, or KYE.

This is a small show with some of the most hard core fans. If they start with one of those, I won't have much hope for the set as a whole.

Spoiler

Somewhere Now?

Greg Schneider posted this photo of Jason Freese - backstage at the Metro maybe? 

ef4754f4875f1ec96fe938b535f1eaa7336704cd

6 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

This is a show where they CAN'T start with AI, Welcome to Paradise, or KYE.

This is a small show with some of the most hard core fans. If they start with one of those, I won't have much hope for the set as a whole.

Hide contents

Somewhere Now?

I'm hearing a lot of tix went to special guests and VIPs so I don't know (then again that was just someone I have on Facebook saying that) 

• Surprised 1