1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

20 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, I thought I remember reading somewhere that they had a falling out with Cavallo at some point. If he’s indeed back on board, it’s great, they worked out their differences!

The failing out thing was resolved before the trilogy. Post AI, likely pre 21cb.

9 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

When did he say that?

Couldn’t remember and can’t see the see the interview above but I’m sure he said Green Day which makes me think not MM2020 but who knows.  I think the issue with Rob was later than 21CB but don’t really know.  Is Rob not CEO or something of Warners now, does he have time to produce albums?

31 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

Green Day to record a collab with Pussy Riot.

You heard it here first.

great way to revoke their feminist status if real.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

great way to revoke their feminist status if real.

Not real at all man, I completely made that up !

Wishful thinking more than trying to deceive anyone though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jengd said:

Is Rob not CEO or something of Warners now, does he have time to produce albums?

He was a vice president at Warner, but not anymore I think

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’d love for them to use Butch Vig as a producer again. Songs like restless heart syndrome and last night on earth are just so epic love that record 

• Like 4

Grenade Barrel is a cool title, Billie.  I'll let you use that one for free.  

I hope Lady Cobra becomes an official member this time around, and that we get a some new instruments in the GD Canon.   A Cannon, perhaps?   

As for producers, Quincy Jones on an album that boasts some raw, live recordings combined with studio polished tracks.  

Snakebite and The Scream is actually a better album title as I work thus out in my head.

Grenade Barrel gets demoted to just a song, but one that resurrects Whatshername from her tomb.

OMG i'm wondering if they are recording also at Abbey Road Studios! Would be crazy!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MillenniumFan said:

I mean, nothing's certain, but posing in front of Abbey Road Studios with the caption #1972 would be extremely suggestive of that being the case. There might be a definite London vibe going on with this record, though I'm not quite sure why? 

In theory it could’ve been recorded elsewhere in London and they’re mastering it at Abbey Road. But it is definitely suggestive. Wondering if the BBC sessions release had anything to do with it.

• Like 3

OMG things are ramping up, so many posts in last couple of days.  Soooooo excited for whatever is coming.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jengd said:

OMG things are ramping up, so many posts in last couple of days.  Soooooo excited for whatever is coming.

And 3 consecutive posts from all 3 of them!!!!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, jengd said:

Maybe not ramping up. Maybe just a little here and there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They talk about that a bit in Cuatro. I wish we knew more about what happened. Hard to imagine them having any real conflict after the success and closeness they had during American Idiot (Rob gets credit for that album even happening and it changed their lives). I wonder if it was more like they just drifted apart after that when the band chose another producer for the follow up and it took some reaching out to get him to want to join again for the Trilogy. So for about seven years they may have just lost touch. It always makes me feel good to see them together they have such a history.

The way it was said I always got the feeling maybe Cavallo had some sort of a change or midlife crisis. He is no longer CEO for WB. He stepped down in like 2016ish? It made a few articles. Basically everyone stepped down over a two week period.

21 minutes ago, Gdfan2007 said:

The way it was said I always got the feeling maybe Cavallo had some sort of a change or midlife crisis. He is no longer CEO for WB. He stepped down in like 2016ish? It made a few articles. Basically everyone stepped down over a two week period.

There was a big shakeup at WB at that time and even before that turnover at the top was common 

• Like 1

It is not normal that a band like Green Day is recording at Abbey Road Studio, isn‘t it? Does this mean something very huge?