1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

5 minutes ago, TheLastForgotten said:

Green Day is playing Lollapalooza Chicago! 

just opened a topic for this :) 

• Like 1

I just thought of something. I wonder if they finished recording the album and are back in the studio recording something for Ukraine. They wouldn’t be teasing this much if 1972 weren’t finished

• Like 3

I'm absolutely fine with them taking more time for the record. FOAMF wasn't that long ago so a new album coming out this soon would worry me a little bit. Idk how much recording they have left to do but I'm fine with them taking their time. Idk why they're teasing us about a project that isn't done (and likely isn't even that close to being done) but whatever. I've not really been paying that much attention to the teasers and wasn't expecting a new album for at least another few months anyway

Nothing they've released recently has wowed me. FOAMF sure as hell didn't despite some solid tracks on side B. Pollyanna was alright. Holy Toledo was pretty good but again, not amazing. I personally wasn't a fan of MM2020 Pt II at all. Hopefully this album will be a step in the right direction.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They really seem to be reacting to the response to the last album with these teases. After so much hand wringing over the sound and the production of FOAM, they’ve now had a teaser clip where they’re working out a song and they say “Oh Green Day!” like, to indicate a classic Green Day sound and now they tease that Rob Cavallo is in the room. They are signaling that this project will be the sound you know and love.

Yeah these teasers are giving me American Idiot vibes!!!

• Like 1

But… before we all get over excited, Butch Walker clearly said he was working on the next album.  Can’t remember when that was though, maybe Covid has meant that had to change?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jengd said:

But… before we all get over excited, Butch Walker clearly said he was working on the next album.  Can’t remember when that was though, maybe Covid has meant that had to change?

When did he say that?

39 minutes ago, jengd said:

I thought he said that shortly after FOAM and I was wondering if that was the Network album. If not, plans just may have changed.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I thought he said that shortly after FOAM and I was wondering if that was the Network album. If not, plans just may have changed.

The Network album makes sense because it has Art of the Deal With the Devil which was cut from FOAM

1 hour ago, GreenDayItaly said:

They may have very well changed their minds about the direction of the album and who they wanted to produce it. 

• Like 2

Correct me if I’m wrong, I thought I remember reading somewhere that they had a falling out with Cavallo at some point. If he’s indeed back on board, it’s great, they worked out their differences!

• Like 3