1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Didn't Mike post a few days ago "1972" with his fingers while playing bass? Is it possible he's recording from home again like last time they were in London? 

Also why go back there to record? And are these pics current?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Didn't Mike post a few days ago "1972" with his fingers while playing bass? Is it possible he's recording from home again like last time they were in London? 

Isn't him at the back of the photo?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Mike is there in the studio photo. He’s in London. The pics are current, so they are still working on the album and recording it all at RAK

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Mike is there in the studio photo. He’s in London. The pics are current, so they are still working on the album and recording it all at RAK

Another clue that this is current, Billie had a beard in the first teaser, here he’s clean shaven

• Like 1

Didn't they teased Rev Rad for like 5 months or so before the official announcement and release of Bang Bang back in 2016?

This may be the case with 1972 too, an announcement + single in july maybe? 🤔

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jhonib said:

Didn't they teased Rev Rad for like 5 months or so before the official announcement and release of Bang Bang back in 2016?

This may be the case with 1972 too, an announcement + single in july maybe? 🤔

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It was longer than that I think, something like eight months. I think we’ll see 1972 in the late fall (Oct/Nov) and maybe a new tour for 2023

The Trilogy too!! With the Trilogy, they frequently gave us YouTube studio updates. I think they’re all on the ¡CUATRO! DVD

• Like 2

It is interesting to me that they seem to be recording the whole album in London. Is that for a different inspiration or something? Why do this on another continent? Not complaining, just wondering. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

It is interesting to me that they seem to be recording the whole album in London. Is that for a different inspiration or something? Why do this on another continent? Not complaining, just wondering. 

This teaser was at their practice studio

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZC6PITAv6Y/?utm_medium=copy_link

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

The Trilogy too!! With the Trilogy, they frequently gave us YouTube studio updates. I think they’re all on the ¡CUATRO! DVD

Yeah but they announced the project before any of the studio stuff came out (at least from what I can recall).

31 minutes ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

Yep most likely to just get a new vibe.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Yeah but they announced the project before any of the studio stuff came out (at least from what I can recall).

Right!! And we actually knew most of the material already. Stay The Night from the 2010 soundcheck audio, and others from the 2011 club shows

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

What made you think Mother’s Day?

Just a thought, Billie’s mum just had her 90th birthday, Billie was born (I know they all were) 1972, this weekend is Mother’s day in the UK and when I went to bed last night things were coming thick and fast sonI thought more news might be imminent.

I don’t think any if those guys are Rob Cavallo. 

@pacejunkie punk  Good call on Sara’s haircut! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It was longer than that I think, something like eight months. I think we’ll see 1972 in the late fall (Oct/Nov) and maybe a new tour for 2023

Yep, if they're continuing work on the project right now, then early predictions of a release after the bulk of Mega Hella tour dates would seem to be correct and the lack of consistent teasing would also make a lot more sense. I just hope that once we approach the release date that they up both the hype game and promotional strategy considerably. 

• Like 2

Hair color would fit to Doug McKean, and Rob Cavallo could be the closest one to the camera. That would be amazing.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Well, one thing is for sure, Butch Walker is nowhere to be seen.

And to me it would be kinda strange if Butch was the producer and at the same time not in the studio. Or maybe they randomly met Rob and Doug in London and thought it would be fun to take a picture especially for GDC 😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Would like them to try a new producer, but Cavallo is better than Walker.

How about Butch Vig again?

24 minutes ago, GreenDayItaly said:

They also have the SAME scar on the back!!!!

Screenshot-2022-03-22-at-11-56-46.png

You're not wrong, but...

Well, I kinda don't want this to turn into a thread analysing the back of people's heads, but I will just leave this out there...

Though admittedly it is kinda my own fault :confused:

2 minutes ago, GreenDayItaly said:

by the way...I wonder if this project was originally intended as an EP and is now turning into a full album. Difficult to say. And we hope to have a new teaser later this month!

Could well have been an album right from the start, but we just mistook the teasers to mean something different. 

• Like 3