1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Last tease was February 24th, almost a month ago.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I hope there’s an awesome official video soon. 

Example: it’s pretty cool what Yungblud is doing for his new music and they way it’s being promoted and released. Plus the cool involvement and interaction with fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Last tease was February 24th, almost a month ago.

And those last 2 teasers were only 2 days apart!!!

• Like 1

I thought Billie Joe’s IG story about voting for the hall of fame was more exciting than all the Green Day hints combined. The Green Day album hints aren’t saying much and they’re too few and far between to build much hype.

If something crazy is going on behind the scenes that is something else entirely. I hope everyone is ok and of course that is more important than dropping album hints.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Westerberg89 said:

Just be patient guys. We used to wait 4 years between records. 

The problem with this hyper social media era is that it teaches people to become inpatient & it’s a nasty habit to pick up.

None of us know what goes on behind the scenes too, sometimes reality and home life come before the band.

Relax and the music will come and it’ll be great as always.

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I don’t think we would be as impatient if they hadn’t started teasing something in December. I think that only makes it worse if you then don’t follow it up with anything. If not for that, we’d probably just be focusing on other things and not expecting anything.  So I don’t think people are complaining about the lack of music or the wait, it’s the fact that they hinted at something imminent and then dropped it

2 hours ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

I thought Billie Joe’s IG story about voting for the hall of fame was more exciting than all the Green Day hints combined. The Green Day album hints aren’t saying much and they’re too few and far between to build much hype.

If something crazy is going on behind the scenes that is something else entirely. I hope everyone is ok and of course that is more important than dropping album hints.

And guys don’t forget, the Innings Festival is on Saturday so they’re probably rehearsing like crazy this week. Just wait, 1972 stuff would probably ramp up again next week!!!

• Like 1

1972 was the year that Billie Joe Armstrong was born was it not?

in the winter of 1992-1993 was the first time I saw him "live" on cable television"  and I wasn't permitted to record him on the VHS.... dammit!   I wanted to badly. :(  

By the way:   What do you call a watch with polka-dots all over it?

What did Billie Joe do with his foot when the screen went blank on his Computer?

What types of fruit were in the fruit bowl  during one of the first appearances of Green Day  on television?

Who was the girl in the white dress with black stripes in the video handing Billie Joe Armstrong a sandwich on a plate while he was sitting on the floor of his closet?

• Like 1

*Walks into complaint department*  ....  Why can't I find a poem I've been searching for for over 15 years now that I remember from watching and listening to someone in my teenage years?   Why can I not find more than one other person who remembers said poem and if I were to rewrite it with my changes... would I take the credit for it then get sued since I cannot find it anywhere?  Not that I want to take anyone else's material but seriously......      publish your damn Palm of my Hand  poem already Billie. 

48 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Is he though? 😂

Kind of… he’s so annoying, knows what to do to make a lot of us so happy and doesn’t do it… then throws a few crumbs and still the fans love him! He’s very good! 

• Like 2

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Those are skills he picked up by being a little brother. He annoys the hell out his sisters the same way 😄

Ah! It’s all so clear now…

Thanks 😊 

No wonder he’s so good at it.

• Like 1

Honestly 3 months ago I figured it would have been out by now ... whatever 1972 is. I'm guessing album.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Honestly 3 months ago I figured it would have been out by now ... whatever 1972 is. I'm guessing album.

Or at least a single

• Like 1

I hope we get a total of three songs and they all sound like HERE COMES THE SHOCK.  

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Wonder what their set list will be tomorrow

Probably can control C the super bowl setlist