1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

33 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I thought they could do whatever they want now that they’re off their Warner contract, and that they no longer have to follow album/tour cycles

They are still on Warner

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m wondering about that “world tour” comment he made to the woman at the airport. Technically Europe over the summer is a world tour and would fit the “soon” comment.  A real world tour like they’ve done in the past would include all the continents they had to cancel since 2020 and couldn’t reschedule like Asia, Aus/NZ and South America (Canada too). I know they want to get back to all these places for those fans. Could they be planning a real world tour for 2023? 

They're coming back to South America in september 90% confirmed (I mean I've just heard rumors but I don't think they'll come here and just play one concert in Brazil).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Alf said:

They are still on Warner

Yeah but they have a new deal so maybe it’s distribution only or not a fixed number of albums deal. They can drop music whenever they want now so it makes it harder to predict what 1972 will be. It would clearly be an album (that would be months from release) with world tour to follow under the old deal. Now, who knows (even though it’s starting to look a lot like the old thing)

• Like 1

Maybe they were going to just drop a few songs out of nowhere and then thought the songs were too good for that and needed to be on an album. Or they got inspiration from the songs for an album. Just guessing. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StaryedHeart said:

They're coming back to South America in september 90% confirmed (I mean I've just heard rumors but I don't think they'll come here and just play one concert in Brazil).

They’re also playing at the Sea Hear Now Festival in Asbury Park, NJ on September 18th. What’s the date of the Brazil show?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

They’re also playing at the Sea Hear Now Festival in Asbury Park, NJ on September 18th. What’s the date of the Brazil show?

September 9. A huge South American leg is not likely

• Like 1

https://greenday.com/tour

Looks like a mini European tour in June and then a few festivals in September. If the album comes after the tour, maybe a single in August and album in October? But these teasers imply it’s much sooner than we think, so single in April, album in May?

2 hours ago, Alf said:

It's South American lol tours are never huge here. For the revrad tour I think they only played in 5 countries (plus Mexico but I don't think they are going to play there this time)

2 hours ago, Alf said:

Regarding previous tours, I also don't think a huge leg is possible here in South America. The times are very short. Maybe just rock in Rio, Argentina and some other country. I hope they go to peru or colombia(I'm from Ecuador 🇪🇨 so I've seen them previously in those countries cause are the closest of mine). 

13 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

https://greenday.com/tour

Looks like a mini European tour in June and then a few festivals in September. If the album comes after the tour, maybe a single in August and album in October? But these teasers imply it’s much sooner than we think, so single in April, album in May?

Interestingly they dont have a venue now for the Dublin Date. It was the RDS but i am guessing that is no longer available. Not too many big venues free around that time of year. 

5 hours ago, cav9mm said:

Interestingly they dont have a venue now for the Dublin Date. It was the RDS but i am guessing that is no longer available. Not too many big venues free around that time of year. 

There was due to be a redevelopment of the RDS, but there’s no guarantees it’s happening anymore.

I’d heard rumours of Slane, but I think RDS is still a very likely venue for this.

Simple Plan just announced their new album „Harder Than It Looks“, coming May, 6th.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, steve46 said:

Simple Plan just announced their new album „Harder Than It Looks“, coming May, 6th.

And their new single, Congratulations comes out tonight. 

What’s Green Day waiting for?!?!?!?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

And their new single, Congratulations comes out tonight. 

What’s Green Day waiting for?!?!?!?

Solstice 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

Don't you know by now? EVERYTHING is 1972 related! Green Day Du-Wop covers album confirmed. 

Well I think this may be taking it a little far, but I wonder if it's been influencing him of late, we know what a music history fan he is. It tends to be feel good music and god knows we could use some of that.

Green Day are dating themselves enough I do not want their music to be do wop influenced

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

Don't you know by now? EVERYTHING is 1972 related! Green Day Du-Wop covers album confirmed. 

17 minutes ago, jengd said:

Well I think this may be taking it a little far, but I wonder if it's been influencing him of late, we know what a music history fan he is. It tends to be feel good music and god knows we could use some of that.

8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Green Day are dating themselves enough I do not want their music to be do wop influenced

Doo Wop is 50s music. And this 1972 project seems to be an homage to their childhoods. So it’s fair to say this was probably Billie’s parents’ favorite music

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

We don’t always get what we want ……

But if we try sometime, we’ll find
We get what we need…

The last tease seem like 2000 lights years ago

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

The last tease seem like 2000 lights years ago

It seems like forever ago

This is the most boring Green Day tease promo era ever.

I think it’s sad considering how exciting the Longshot teasing was and that seemed to just be one person in charge of all that.

How disappointing it is for Green Day to be less exciting than the Longshot. And by a lot. The height Longshot excitement was 2018 and it still tops Green Day 2022. That’s pretty bad.

Hopefully that means something truly amazing is coming out way. Otherwise I wish they hadn’t bothered with the teasing and false hope for something new and exciting.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PonyboyCurtis said:

This is the most boring Green Day tease promo era ever.

I think it’s sad considering how exciting the Longshot teasing was and that seemed to just be one person in charge of all that.

How disappointing it is for Green Day to be less exciting than the Longshot. And by a lot. The height Longshot excitement was 2018 and it still tops Green Day 2022. That’s pretty bad.

Hopefully that means something truly amazing is coming out way. Otherwise I wish they hadn’t bothered with the teasing and false hope for something new and exciting.

Although there were no teasers for the FOAM era until the announcement the week before the single came out that September. All we had to go by that summer was the Butch Walker studio video in which we recognized Tré’s drum kit!