1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

14 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Today was the first official announcement, but prior to that they've been giving detailed information about this project in interviews and on River's website and discord server for a long time now.  For months fans have known track numbers, song titles, producer info, projected release dates, music styles of each EP... quite a lot of detail.  (Rivers even answered my tweet directly asking about the number of tracks on each EP). Can you imagine if instead of just 15 second teases of clips and a single title, we got information like this via social media and directed to the fan groups?  

How do we know Billie, Mike, or Tré don’t pop in here from time to time?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

How do we know Billie, Mike, or Tré don’t pop in here from time to time?

We don't but it doesn't really matter if they do if they're not interacting with us or sharing information.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I love Weezer strategy.
They announced on Facebook today a new single on March 16th and new album on March 20th

No tease. No promo. Just a damn good news!

I was about to correct them on when Spring begins, but they nailed that too! 

If Weezer somehow manages to make four great albums in a row for this SZNS project, I MIGHT be able to forgive the atrocities of Pacific Nightmare and the Black Despair of a Billion Hells. 

14 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

We don't but it doesn't really matter if they do if they're not interacting with us or sharing information.  

Green Day don't really care about the fans like they say.

They like, but not too much as others bands does.

19 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Today was the first official announcement, but prior to that they've been giving detailed information about this project in interviews and on River's website and discord server for a long time now.  For months fans have known track numbers, song titles, producer info, projected release dates, music styles of each EP... quite a lot of detail.  (Rivers even answered my tweet directly asking about the number of tracks on each EP). Can you imagine if instead of just 15 second teases of clips and a single title, we got information like this via social media and directed to the fan groups?  

How many tracks on each ep? 

Maybe I've just avoided eps until 2022. but it seems like the preferred format now.  

I know on Spotify, all the pre-album singles are collected under one playlist before the album drops.  

41 minutes ago, That Dude said:

How many tracks on each ep? 

Maybe I've just avoided eps until 2022. but it seems like the preferred format now.  

I know on Spotify, all the pre-album singles are collected under one playlist before the album drops.  

Seven

• Like 1

Any chance they release this for Record Store Day? I can see it being a 123Go vinyl or something.

1 minute ago, Cunt said:

If you would’ve told me when this was first teased in December that by mid march we still wouldn’t have any sort of an official announcement I would have called you crazy… What the hell is crush doing? I’m not gonna say that the band doesn’t care about its fans because they do, but their management doesn’t care seem to care all that much. This is the same management that shafted everyone that bought the lousy ass VIP packages for hella mega. 

I’m hoping we get some kind of announcement this week because the MLB Innings Festival is next Saturday!!! Announcement on Monday, single on Friday?

15 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I’m hoping we get some kind of announcement this week because the MLB Innings Festival is next Saturday!!! Announcement on Monday, single on Friday?

We’ll see. As for right now I’m not getting my hopes up at all. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Seven

Yep, they definitely had enough to do four albums but were scared. 

Green Day Trilogy = Disaster.

Weezer Quadrilogy?  Nope. 

😄 

I'm imagining Rivers getting angry on the Hella Mega Tour and cussing out the audience, or maybe Pat.       

But then....Billie sees their struggle, and allows Weezer to do some deep cuts and whatever they want to play during part of Green Day's set.

So nice.

Remember when they used to tease us?

• Like 3

16 hours ago, That Dude said:

Yep, they definitely had enough to do four albums but were scared. 

Green Day Trilogy = Disaster.

Weezer Quadrilogy?  Nope. 

😄

Fall Out Boy: tumblr_n25ewepnUi1srjivro1_r3_400.gif

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

I think their original plan was scrapped as far as a release date and they're regrouping. Could be due to changes to the album, could be the Ukraine situation, could really be a number of things.  The real question now is whether they're waiting until after the tour to release it. 

And every time we speculate about plans changing, that’s when they hit us with another teaser!!! Billie are you watching us? 👀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think they’re rehearsing for next week’s Innings Festival and we won’t hear anything before then.  If they didn’t release anything for that Superbowl show or Billie’s birthday I’m back to thinking this will be a traditional type record release that may drop in the fall after the tour.   RevRad was first teased like nine months before it came out, I think the Trilogy and 21CB were too like 9-12 months or something.  Whatever 1972 is it may still be in the planning stages with six songs from London in the can and the rest a work in progress 

New Year’s Eve 2015

RevRad came out in October 2016

Valentine’s Day 2012

¡UNO! came out in September! And holy shit! I can’t believe I never realized that Fuck Time hint!!!!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think they’re rehearsing for next week’s Innings Festival and we won’t hear anything before then.  If they didn’t release anything for that Superbowl show or Billie’s birthday I’m back to thinking this will be a traditional type record release that may drop in the fall after the tour.   RevRad was first teased like nine months before it came out, I think the Trilogy and 21CB were too like 9-12 months or something.  Whatever 1972 is it may still be in the planning stages with six songs from London in the can and the rest a work in progress 

The last tour date is in September and they'll definitely take a break after that so we're looking at the end of 2022 for the album release. Unless they release it while touring, which would be weird. 

• Like 4

Idk. I wanna be positive about all the 1972 thing. Maybe they want to manage it as a big project instead as a EP or something. Could be that they are planning a world tour(starting in US) with the 1972 thematic and the only frame time in 2022 is between Oct to Dec that they could do that. So a fall release for me sounds logical.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BratReject23 said:

Idk. I wanna be positive about all the 1972 thing. Maybe they want to manage it as a big project instead as a EP or something. Could be that they are planning a world tour(starting in US) with the 1972 thematic and the only frame time in 2022 is between Oct to Dec that they could do that. So a fall release for me sounds logical.

I’m wondering about that “world tour” comment he made to the woman at the airport. Technically Europe over the summer is a world tour and would fit the “soon” comment.  A real world tour like they’ve done in the past would include all the continents they had to cancel since 2020 and couldn’t reschedule like Asia, Aus/NZ and South America (Canada too). I know they want to get back to all these places for those fans. Could they be planning a real world tour for 2023? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

The last tour date is in September and they'll definitely take a break after that so we're looking at the end of 2022 for the album release. Unless they release it while touring, which would be weird. 

I thought they could do whatever they want now that they’re off their Warner contract, and that they no longer have to follow album/tour cycles

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

I thought they could do whatever they want now that they’re off their Warner contract, and that they no longer have to follow album/tour cycles

I know, at least that’s what they seemed most excited about. It would be weird if despite that they still fell back into the same old pattern. That was why I thought they were going to do something different and drop a surprise EP with little warning.  Now I don’t know what they’re thinking but it sure is starting to seem like a traditional record release and tour if they’re teasing something months in advance

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I know, at least that’s what they seemed most excited about. It would be weird if despite that they still fell back into the same old pattern. That was why I thought they were going to do something different and drop a surprise EP with little warning.  Now I don’t know what they’re thinking but it sure is starting to seem like a traditional record release and tour if they’re teasing something months in advance

And yeah, it’s not like they won’t follow an album/tour cycle. They’re now able to just simply promote it themselves and call it something like the 1972 Tour sponsored by Oakland Coffee!!!