1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

If they aren't playing any new song, it doesn't really matter WHEN The album drops, right?   

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, That Dude said:

If they aren't playing any new song, it doesn't really matter WHEN The album drops, right?   

I’ve been around here for a few years now and I’ve seen a lot of your posts, but THIS is the craziest thing you have ever said

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Clockwise said:

No way they started teasing this in December to have it come out after Hella Mega. That's insane. I do get the feeling that plans have perhaps changed a little bit, whether that's because the state of the world or other reasons. But I don't think they'll hold it over until after the tour. This girl didn't even know Billie's name, she could give a shit that he's putting out 6 songs next month.

The only thing that’s changed, as far as we know, were the cancelled Russia tour dates. As for the album, we need music to get us through troubled times like these. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Clockwise said:

No way they started teasing this in December to have it come out after Hella Mega. That's insane. I do get the feeling that plans have perhaps changed a little bit, whether that's because the state of the world or other reasons. But I don't think they'll hold it over until after the tour. This girl didn't even know Billie's name, she could give a shit that he's putting out 6 songs next month.

6 new songs?👀👀👀

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

6 new songs?👀👀👀

They recorded 6 songs in London.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

They recorded 6 songs in London.

They should go to different countries and record a batch of songs in each place.   Kind of a spin on Sonic Highways by Foo Fighters.   Call it Earth Boulavard. 

Different Countries have different vibes, I'm assuming.  :)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, That Dude said:

They should go to different countries and record a batch of songs in each place.

Starting with Bratwurst in Germany

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, michael1989 said:

Starting with Bratwurst in Germany

So bekommen sie dich!

55 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

I agree that it has seem like random promo, but when you think about it, it’s really only been 2 and a half months of even knowing that they were working on something new. I think everyone got convinced with theories that something must be happening the very next day with every teaser, but if we just take a step back it’s a cool project that’s clearly coming in the next few months, and I’m sure there will be some promo and lessons learned from FOAM employed

For example, the Billie’s birthday theory

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

That band called The Network may have stolen the master tapes of 1972. 

So this will play out exactly the same as 2003, interesting.   That means in 2030, we'll get a live album with ONE of the 1972 songs and the rest will fade into the reservoir and then return....man to ape.  

WOOOOOO OOOH.   

Chris's inferno.  

WOOOOWW.  

Chris's inferno.  

WWWWWooooo.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

I'm thinking that nothing was ever ready to go and they were just giving teasers as a general "hey look we are back working on new stuff" rather than the teasers that something is definitely coming soon teasers that have become more and more common in recent years. 

I listened to the teasers and they all sound pretty much like final mixes, they sound so good in my earbuds!!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I listened to the teasers and they all sound pretty much like final mixes, they sound so good in my earbuds!!!!

Would certainly hope not with the last two

• Like 1

17 hours ago, That Dude said:

So this will play out exactly the same as 2003, interesting.   That means in 2030, we'll get a live album with ONE of the 1972 songs and the rest will fade into the reservoir and then return....man to ape.  

WOOOOOO OOOH.   

Chris's inferno.  

WOOOOWW.  

Chris's inferno.  

WWWWWooooo.

9 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

You called?

LMFAO that was random 😆

• Like 1