1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Do you guys think we’ll get any 1972 teasers and/or news this week? I hope we get a single before next week’s Innings Festival!!! I just read online that despite the MLB lockout, the festival is still on!!!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, steve46 said:

Did anyone listen to the new Avril Lavigne album? Sounds very good!

if green day released just one song with an instrumental similar to "Break Of A Heartache" I would be satisfied, then they can go back to the path they are following.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

These hints are so exciting they should do less there are too many of them

yesssss, I can't keep up with all of them!!!!!!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

These hints are so exciting they should do less there are too many of them

11 minutes ago, Alf said:

yesssss, I can't keep up with all of them!!!!!!

It’s been almost 2 weeks since the last one!!! I hope we get another one or even an announcement soon!!!

• Like 1

Everytime I see a Green Day member posting some random beach time photos, makes me think the anouncement is far from close. They should be practicing the supposed new songs, and not in their eternal vacation

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca1K0X9LncJ/?utm_medium=copy_link

So here’s what I find curious. You know how he likes to drop news of what’s next randomly to fans he meets? So here’s a story from yesterday and instead of saying he has an album coming out soon he says they’re going on a world tour (which I assume is Hella Mega but not until June). So is 1972 still a long way away as in after the tour? You’d think he would have mentioned it if it was soon.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 3

29 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca1K0X9LncJ/?utm_medium=copy_link

So here’s what I find curious. You know how he likes to drop news of what’s next randomly to fans he meets? So here’s a story from yesterday and instead of saying he has an album coming out soon he says they’re going on a world tour (which I assume is Hella Mega but not until June). So is 1972 still a long way away as in after the tour? You’d think he would have mentioned it if it was soon.

22 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

She don't recall his name and she love country. Of course he will not say any spoilers to her 😅

He’s probably being very careful with this one. We know very little about this aside from the teasers. Even the insiders in this forum have been silent!

• Like 3

He usually tell people who patron his spots like the Golden Bull and such not random strangers in public places.

• Like 3

They just announced they’re headlining a festival in Asbury Park, NJ in September!!! And yet we still know nothing about 1972!!!

• Like 1

well, or the release of 1972 happens before the european hella mega shows, or it will happen only after they finish this cycle... which would make no sense since the first teaser came in december... but it's something that would fit in their shitty marketing strategies

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Alf said:

well, or the release of 1972 happens before the european hella mega shows, or it will happen only after they finish this cycle... which would make no sense since the first teaser came in december... but it's something that would fit in their shitty marketing strategies

Does Warner still have any control over that?

5 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Not sure I would want to read anything into this specifically, but I've been saying for a while now that a release timed for after Hella Mega would kinda make sense. I think with those shows simply being rescheduled, it seems 1) the project, whatever it is, would be entirely unrelated to that tour and 2) it might be the worst place to play a bunch of completely unknown new songs.

I mean, the hella mega tour has been criticised by many on GDC, maybe rightly so, but whatever one's stance, I think we would all be able to agree that the band decided upon and signed up for a tour mostly pandering to the greatest hits crowd. 

The 1972 project really doesn't seem to fit into that picture at all to be honest. As such, a release timed for after that tour would make a lot more sense. 

On the other hand, hinting too much at releasing a new project right after those tour dates might still disappoint all those going to one of those gigs who were expecting new songs. Kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't, really. 

It’s like…the way I’m thinking, that we wouldn’t have these 5 teasers in such a short time if the release was still a long way off. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

It’s like…the way I’m thinking, that we wouldn’t have these 5 teasers in such a short time if the release was still a long way off. 

Yeah I’d have a hard time believing we’re over two months from something

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

Yeah I’d have a hard time believing we’re over two months from something

And like I said, they got the MLB Innings festival coming up next week, and it would be a huge missed opportunity if they don’t release a single before that!

4 hours ago, Bakabanas said:

Album May 6th, Friday, single April 7th, Friday. 

Now this makes perfect sense!!!

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Not sure I would want to read anything into this specifically, but I've been saying for a while now that a release timed for after Hella Mega would kinda make sense. I think with those shows simply being rescheduled, it seems 1) the project, whatever it is, would be entirely unrelated to that tour and 2) it might be the worst place to play a bunch of completely unknown new songs.

I mean, the hella mega tour has been criticised by many on GDC, maybe rightly so, but whatever one's stance, I think we would all be able to agree that the band decided upon and signed up for a tour mostly pandering to the greatest hits crowd. 

The 1972 project really doesn't seem to fit into that picture at all to be honest. As such, a release timed for after that tour would make a lot more sense. 

On the other hand, hinting too much at releasing a new project right after those tour dates might still disappoint all those going to one of those gigs who were expecting new songs. Kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't, really. 

I think you’re right but then as you say it begs the question why start teasing it in December 2021?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think you’re right but then as you say it begs the question why start teasing it in December 2021?

No idea and I don't really want to be right tbh, I'd much rather prefer a release beforehand. I admit I quite like the ring of a new EP/album and accompanying tour, Hella Mega being a bit of a cheap/generic substitute, but on the other hand, I don't want to wait that long either. Besides, the band being able to play (and advertise) some of the new songs at Rock Am Ring (which is televised) would also be cool.

But at this point I don't think there's much we can actually deduce about their promotional or release strategy. Anything's possible, really. :confused:

• Like 3