1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

From Oakland Coffee e-mail. New subscription perks:

🔥 Get first dibs on a special numbered edition of our next Green Day vinyl*. (Yep. You read that right. There’s an (extra-rare) Green Day vinyl coming, featuring a special color for Oakland Coffee Club subscribers. On top of that, Annual Subscribers get priority access to 500 numbered vinyl). More details coming soon.

🎶 Get early access to our other limited edition vinyl releases this year.

I thiiiink it’s going to be a kerplunk remaster or something

5 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

What about 1972?

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

What about 1972?

Phrasing sounds more like a limited vinyl release for an existing project.

would be strange to purposefully make a new album or EP vinyl extra rare

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

From Oakland Coffee e-mail. New subscription perks:

🔥 Get first dibs on a special numbered edition of our next Green Day vinyl*. (Yep. You read that right. There’s an (extra-rare) Green Day vinyl coming, featuring a special color for Oakland Coffee Club subscribers. On top of that, Annual Subscribers get priority access to 500 numbered vinyl). More details coming soon.

🎶 Get early access to our other limited edition vinyl releases this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a vinyl for Shenanigans because that's what they've been up to the last few months with these teasers...shenanigans

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, jengd said:

I posted this on random news as I don’t think it would anything new announced as rare like this, limited edition etc.

I really don’t know. To boost sales of a new release they certainly could announce a variant cover or colored vinyl that was limited and different from the standard one.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

Yeah, if that’s the case, sounds like it could be a special translucent green colored vinyl or something. Either that or a special edition Dookie with dookie-splatter vinyl 😆

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a vinyl for Shenanigans because that's what they've been up to the last few months with these teasers...shenanigans

It is coming up on the 20th anniversary of Shenanigans, so that could be possible

Just now, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

It is coming up on the 20th anniversary of Shenanigans, so that could be possible

That makes sense!!! I hope they do something later this year for the Trilogy’s 10th anniversary, finally giving it the love it truly deserves!!!

• Like 3

*The details of the super cool new Green Day vinyl being released through Oakland Coffee have not been made public yet. We’re super stoked about it, and can’t wait to tell you what it is soon. A little hint though: one song has never been pressed before on any vinyl!

Did no one bother to check the asterisk?  LOL

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

Did no one bother to check the asterisk?  LOL

Hmmm…God’s Favorite Band maybe? One song never pressed on vinyl before? Back in the USA?

EDIT: That actually was released on vinyl. But what else could it be? Because if it were 1972, they wouldn’t just hint about 1 song

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cunt said:

Stray heart from dos

OMG you’re right!!! The vinyl pressing accidentally replaced it with Drama Queen!!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cunt said:

Stray heart from dos

I hope that if it is Trilogy related it is just re-issues and nothing new like a re-recording. I would LOVE more Otis Mixes especially on physical copies but it would really suck to be placed behind an annual subscription to a coffee company. I love their coffee but don't go through enough to make an annual subscription delivered monthly to be worthwhile. Hopefully if it is trilogy related we get a wider release in some form as well. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

Bingo. Also tenth anniversary of the trilogy this year so it would make sense for some reissue. Hope they do the color pressings again because those are starting to get expensive

Glad I got all three vinyls on the color pressings forever ago. I just hope they start playing some of those songs live again.

• Like 2

I mentioned DUI half-jokingly. But if I remember correctly, it was vetoed by Warner for moral reasons. Could this be a 20th anniversary Shenanigans as it was intended? Still think probably not, but I want to believe they have the freedom to do that now.

Fake edit: sorry, I know that wasn't on topic. Um...1972 was a good year. Produced some fine musicians. I like the way this project is shaping up, musically. Fingers crossed that the (apparent) celebration-of-life theme continues through the lyrics.

• Like 2

1972 could be 6 new songs and 6 reworked Trilogy songs, transformed into peak Green Day (firing on all cylinders, as Dirnt likes to say every album cycle). 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

1972 could be 6 new songs and 6 reworked Trilogy songs, transformed into peak Green Day (firing on all cylinders, as Dirnt likes to say every album cycle). 

With the "possible album covers" posted by the band, I see more sense 6 reworked lookout era songs ... They played at the library un their last concert. A clue?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Gonzalo17 said:

With the "possible album covers" posted by the band, I see more sense 6 reworked lookout era songs ... They played at the library un their last concert. A clue?

Nope it’ll be new songs

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Gonzalo17 said:

At The Makeout Library 

A Mashup of songs from the two eras. 

Hmm.

4 hours ago, That Dude said:

Lmao he does love that phrase. Roll me eyes everytime

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did anyone listen to the new Avril Lavigne album? Sounds very good!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1