1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Yeah I’ve been out of the loop for the past few days. Any updates? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BeachBum said:

I mean Platypus (I hate you) live made the Montréal show so much better for me because it made that show special.

Can't believe we were there. What a show and what a setlist !

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I think they even started playing Brutal Love later on in that tour

Agreed.  I have my fingers crossed for the next era.  It can be a gem from the new album or an old album.

I mean I will still go to show, because I enjoy them live and well meeting all the fans.  But give the little gem to each show and damn, the fuckers would have us going to every show. 

Anyways I am excited to see what the new era brings

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Red said:

I completely understand where you are coming from with the band having a new era and new sound but the problem lays in the fact that it can be extremely difficult to tell songs apart, especially for people that don't listen to Green Day as much as it's fans do. There's no denying there's consistency across the trilogy, but that's just it... there is simply just too much of it. I will never forget the time I tried showing some people who weren't hardcore fans some songs off Uno! shortly after that album came out and then distinctively being surprised when I asked them what they thought of "this song over the last" and their honest answer was simply "wait this is a different song?". 

In my opinion, literally any songs off any Green Day album prior to the trilogy had the right balance of being easy to tell songs apart, while still maintaining the themes and sounds of the albums that they belonged to and looking through the bands entire catalogue, I challenge anyone to tell me how the trilogy did this even close to as well as the albums that came before.

I agree with that as well, tbh I made my own „best of Trilogy“ playlist with the 19 best songs to me. But I think that they just needed to make the trilogy as it is at that point of their career. And most of my comment was adressed to the production and the style of the music in general

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Flashback said:

most of my comment was adressed to the production and the style of the music in general

Yeah so was mine, sorry I should have made that more clear. 

2 hours ago, TheLastForgotten said:

Brutal love was sooo good live too 

100% this. They played it when I saw them at Soundwave festival in Sydney, 2014 and it was glorious. Someone even did a pretty good recording of the whole show on youtube and I urge people to check that out. Sure it's no 21cb showcase but it was a cool little show.

10 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I can’t stress enough how much I want to see them do Dirty Rotten Bastards live especially with that killer bass solo and guitar solo!!!

I know right? I have been secretly hoping that they will play Stay the Night live at one of my shows one day, but I'd probably have a heart attack and die of excitement if they just started playing DRB. 

Just like the (pretty much confirmed) title suggests, I really hope 1972 is a celebration of many things.. one of being of the bands entire backlog so they can finally start busting out some deep cuts live. Surely you'd think they would be bored of playing the exact same songs thousands of times per tour? I know I certainly would but I have a pretty shitty attention span these days XD.

• Like 4

So how long has it been since our last tease? Was it the Lenny one? When are we getting another?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So how long has it been since our last tease? Was it the Lenny one? When are we getting another?

One week ago today. A couple days ago, I mentioned that I watched it with my earbuds on and the mix sounds just so good, sounds like it’s done and ready to go!!!!

• Like 4

Dear Green Day

Make songs that you would want to play live even if the whole wide world hates them and you only sell 10 copies.

Also. I wouldn't mind a song about Alligators.   Maybe a sequel to the Foxboro song?

• Like 4

The snippets all sound like "Loss of Control" and still you Trilogy Haters are eating it up. 

Hmm....

Also I feel like I'm getting drunk from listening to that song for some reason?   Anyone else feel like booze is pouring out of their headphones on that one?   No, just me?  

Why a disappointing promotional cycle. I'm losing interest and I'm a big fan. Imagine how little casual fans care now. All my friends who casually enjoy Green Day have totally forgotten about the hints. Just shameful business. Crazy how badly managed the band is now.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Why a disappointing promotional cycle. I'm losing interest and I'm a big fan. Imagine how little casual fans care now. All my friends who casually enjoy Green Day have totally forgotten about the hints. Just shameful business. Crazy how badly managed the band is now.

But we did just have another teaser last week, the one with Billie’s dog, Lenny. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Yeah!  Let's become big fans of Stereophonics and forget this Green Day mess.  :)

The wait is hard, but it will be worth it.  Somewhere out there in the multiverse I've already heard it and it's great.

• Like 1

From Oakland Coffee e-mail. New subscription perks:

🔥 Get first dibs on a special numbered edition of our next Green Day vinyl*. (Yep. You read that right. There’s an (extra-rare) Green Day vinyl coming, featuring a special color for Oakland Coffee Club subscribers. On top of that, Annual Subscribers get priority access to 500 numbered vinyl). More details coming soon.

🎶 Get early access to our other limited edition vinyl releases this year.

• Like 2