1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

4 hours ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

We got ripped off. I would love to hear those songs live. It’s been pretty much over a decade. I wonder if those songs are now gone forever since it’s been so long. But they’ll play Welcome to Paradise and 2000 Light Years Away constantly. About 30 years of those on every set list = washroom break. 

Say what you want about King for a Day but the costume is cute and the dancing is very great. Unpopular opinion: I’ll never get tired of KFAD.

If the new tour after Hella Mega isn’t new or interesting I’m not going. I’m becoming so jaded I might retire my Green Day fandom entirely. Like ending a 30 year mariage to save me from stagnation.

Everyone here knows I am more than happy to debate ideas with people, but I try to stay away from debating feelings because I believe that people's emotions just are. Everyone is entitled to feel what they feel and I have no right to tell anyone what they should feel. Having said all of that, this post concerns me slightly. I want new music and a new tour as bad as the next fan, but I am not going to rage-quit the fandom if I don't get it right now. I am content to wait for the time to be right and for them to put out their best work. The hits are hits for a reason and that's why they play those, but look at all the deep cuts they just played at the Super Bowl. Don't forget that Hella Mega required them to share time with two other bands and hence appeal to a wider audience than just their core fans. And if you really have been following them for the past 30 years, you are 1) a lot older than me and thus should know how these things work and 2) know what it is like to be through droughts with the band. We have gotten way more these past few years than we ever used to. We will get through this. Green Day are awesome, but if you are trying to use them to fill some kind of internal voids, that unfortunately does not work.

I completely agree on KFAD though. Not an unpopular opinion at all. We definitely need it back, complete with the thong and striptease. :)

8 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

I completely agree on KFAD though. Not an unpopular opinion at all. We definitely need it back, complete with the thing and striptease. :)

And Billie frantically running around the stage 😆

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

Everyone here knows I am more than happy to debate ideas with people, but I try to stay away from debating feelings because I believe that people's emotions just are. Everyone is entitled to feel what they feel and I have no right to tell anyone what they should feel. Having said all of that, this post concerns me slightly. I want new music and a new tour as bad as the next fan, but I am not going to rage-quit the fandom if I don't get it right now. I am content to wait for the time to be right and for them to put out their best work. The hits are hits for a reason and that's why they play those, but look at all the deep cuts they just played at the Super Bowl. Don't forget that Hella Mega required them to share time with two other bands and hence appeal to a wider audience than just their core fans. And if you really have been following them for the past 30 years, you are 1) a lot older than me and thus should know how these things work and 2) know what it is like to be through droughts with the band. We have gotten way more these past few years than we ever used to. We will get through this. Green Day are awesome, but if you are trying to use them to fill some kind of internal voids, that unfortunately does not work.

I completely agree on KFAD though. Not an unpopular opinion at all. We definitely need it back, complete with the thong and striptease. :)

Every post I see from you lately is really long and seems to miss the point entirely. I don’t join those “debates”. You don’t seem to know how to read or understand what you read. I don’t usually say anything back but it is annoying to read even parts of your posts while scrolling through a thread. If you don’t know what you’re reading maybe you shouldn’t post longass boring replies in all the threads.

I guess I feel bad for you if you’re just a kid. I hope you’re not 12 years old or something. Sorry.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Every post I see from you lately is really long and seems to miss the point entirely. I don’t join those “debates”. You don’t seem to know how to read or understand what you read. I don’t usually say anything back but it is annoying to read even parts of your posts while scrolling through a thread. If you don’t know what you’re reading maybe you shouldn’t post longass boring replies in all the threads.

I guess I feel bad for you if you’re just a kid. I hope you’re not 12 years old or something. Sorry.

I am sorry if I upset you. Lately I have been saying a lot because I ended up in the Ukraine debates but I left those. I am sorry if my response sounded to harsh but there is no need for you to respond this meanly either. I wasn't trying to attack you. I just have been noticing all these posts from you lately seeming really upset about the music not coming fast enough. So I hope you are OK. Do you think there is a possibility you misunderstood me? Also given that I just won the day with my "longass boring posts" a couple of days ago, apparently other people like reading them, so apparently you should set me to ignore and move on. Maybe I get tired of reading your "longass boring posts" whining about how depressed you are because there isn't new music too.

I just turned 31 but I certainly have not been following Green Day since the day I was born. I found them when I was 13. If you have been following them since you were born, then good for you. 

13 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Everytime a post is more than an hundred words I'm skipping it lol
I'm on a forum I don't wanna read books.

That's why my posts are always super smart and bright.

You count the words, which takes more time than actually reading them.  Haha!

I hope Emerald Period had 14 tracks and a secret track.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

in the current circumstances i wouldnt be surprised if they delay their original planned release date

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

This.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

in the current circumstances i wouldnt be surprised if they delay their original planned release date

I don’t think they should delay it. Sure, we shouldn’t ignore what’s going on but at the same time, music always gets you through troubled times! 

• Like 2

Also yes, I would like everyone to know that the fact that I have two degrees and scored a perfect 800 on the critical reading portion of the SAT is proof that I don't know how to read and can't understand anything. 🙄 Guess we now just call everyone stupid now when the see through your nonsense.

5 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

Also yes, I would like everyone to know that the fact that I have two degrees and scored a perfect 800 on the critical reading portion of the SAT is proof that I don't know how to read and can't understand anything. 🙄 Guess we know just call everyone stupid now when the see through your nonsense.

GDC apparently is higher level reading than SAT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

GDC apparently is higher level reading than SAT.

No GDC is just a bunch of aggrieved people who have to make personal attacks when someone else disagrees because they have no actual logic to back up their positions, but nice try.

We’re starting to turn on each other.

BJA, if you’re are reading, drop a track to take the heat off lady mix a lot  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

No GDC is just a bunch of aggrieved people who have to make personal attacks when someone else disagrees because they have no actual logic to back up their positions, but nice try.

This is where usually someone comes out with “you must be new here” but you’re proving you know this place well :P

• Haha 1

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

This is where usually someone comes out with “you must be new here” but you’re proving you know this place well :P

Damn straight. Oh, and did I happen to mention that one of the umpteen jobs I am doing right now is copyediting an academic journal? How do I ever manage to read that? :)

(BTW, the SAT is a bullshit white supremacist test that measures nothing, but I will brag on it because I was experiencing poverty when I took it and statistically should have failed but I beat the oppressor fuckfaces at their own game. 😋)

9 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

Damn straight. Oh, and did I happen to mention that one of the umpteen jobs I am doing right now is copyediting an academic journal? How do I ever manage to read that? :)

(BTW, the SAT is a bullshit white supremacist test that measures nothing, but I will brag on it because I was experiencing poverty when I took it and statistically should have failed but I beat the oppressor fuckfaces at their own game. 😋)

I honestly have no idea.

Everyone stop squabbling! There's a real-ass fucking war right now in Europe rn and we last thing we need is one in this trivial-ass forum page.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Since today is Billie’s mom’s 90th birthday, I wonder if they’ll drop some news or at least another teaser today, as I’m sure this 1972 project is dedicated to their families

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

One day, you'll be right 😋

I actually correctly predicted last week’s teaser, the one with the dog! That morning, 2/22/22 I said I had a good feeling about that day, and we actually got a teaser!!!

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I actually correctly predicted last week’s teaser, the one with the dog! That morning, 2/22/22 I said I had a good feeling about that day, and we actually got a teaser!!!

If you say every day though, you’re bound to go 1/365

• Haha 2