1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I don't want to speculate a title this time but release date.

I'm thinking ***** ******* will have a May 13th release date.  

Similar to Breakdown. 

19 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I don't want to speculate a title this time but release date.

I'm thinking ***** ******* will have a May 13th release date.  

Similar to Breakdown. 

I mean, we all know it’s gonna be called 1972

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

March is so soon! I hope so too!

However, holding off might be a really good idea considering world events right now or maybe dropping a single would be a great idea as a gift to fans during these terrible times.

Any chance they record a song as a benefit for Ukraine, kinda like they did with "The Saints Are Coming" for Katrina relief? I also would not be surprised to see a number of artists hold a relief concert.

13 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

I think it's possible that the Ukraine situation may delay a release only because now that they have more control over releases and stuff, they may feel uncomfortable releasing anything right now.

I hope that no relief concert is done anytime soon only because it would feel wrong to have this big concert while a literal war is going on.

If anything, Billie could write a song, they could record it, then shadow drop it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I mean, we all know it’s gonna be called 1972

Do we now?  Hmmm...I don't think they would give us the title when they are being so secretive about everything else.

I think it's a vibe.  They are all feeling happy to have survived 50 years and that is intertwined with the 70s Punk sound they use as framework.

There could be a song called 1972, but I'll make a milkshake of Kerplunk if 1972 is the album title. 

;)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zebahar said:

I think it's possible that the Ukraine situation may delay a release only because now that they have more control over releases and stuff, they may feel uncomfortable releasing anything right now.

I hope that no relief concert is done anytime soon only because it would feel wrong to have this big concert while a literal war is going on.

I get what you mean. I do hope they will do whatever they can to help though.

11 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Doubt that. April 9th and May 7th are on Saturdays. If anything, they’ll be released on Fridays. I hope we get an announcement this week!!! I’m hoping for at least a single in March!!!

Particularly this year, I've been seeing albums released on various days of the week. 

Of course it's usually smaller artists, probably to help them get some decent numbers and steer clear of competition....but I could see Green Day doing a non-friday digital drop and then the physical copy coming shortly after.

• Like 2

I hope the release date and the hints stop during this time. It’s a new level of terrible times.

When the record does come out I hope I love it as much as I love the Trilogy.

I’m going to listen to the Trilogy right now from beginning to end skipping a couple of the songs I started skipping after the first listen there are a couple of sucky songs but a great project overall. I’d rather have a mammoth record with a couple of songs I skip rather than a half hour record I hardly listen to at all.

I hope they get as inspired and excited as they did during the making of the Trilogy. 

It almost sounds like they’re excited about this project but it’s hard to tell. It’s such a messed up time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PonyboyCurtis said:

I hope the release date and the hints stop during this time. It’s a new level of terrible times.

When the record does come out I hope I love it as much as I love the Trilogy.

I’m going to listen to the Trilogy right now from beginning to end skipping a couple of the songs I started skipping after the first listen there are a couple of sucky songs but a great project overall. I’d rather have a mammoth record with a couple of songs I skip rather than a half hour record I hardly listen to at all.

I hope they get as inspired and excited as they did during the making of the Trilogy. 

It almost sounds like they’re excited about this project but it’s hard to tell. It’s such a messed up time.

We need music during troubled times like these. It wouldn’t be inappropriate by any means. The Beatles came to America just a little over 2 months after JFK was assassinated

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

19 + 72 = 91

‘91 = the year I was born

7-2 = 5

9+1 = 10

They’re clearly releasing it on my birthday, 5/10, as a celebration of me. Get ready. 

Mind = BLOWN

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 龑美優 (Miyu Yan) said:

A new level of terrible times? Are you kidding me? Have you not been paying attention to the last 20 years? What is happening now sucks but it sucked before, too. The US and its allies have been bombing civilians for so long now but people cared a little bit less because they were not "white" and instead "brown"

THANK YOU! Exactly what I have been telling people in the Hella Mega thread.

Writing from Austria: Yes, we have troubled times and the situation here in Europe is extremely dangerous. I think now is the perfect time for new music. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 龑美優 (Miyu Yan) said:

A new level of terrible times? Are you kidding me? Have you not been paying attention to the last 20 years? What is happening now sucks but it sucked before, too. The US and its allies have been bombing civilians for so long now but people cared a little bit less because they were not "white" and instead "brown", as well we have faced plagues, pandemics and many other things throughout similarly but perhaps even worse times, the further back you go. 

Anyway, good music is always a decent medicine for troubled times.  The world has long been facing wars, violence & all kinds of bigotry. It would be a mistake for any band or artist to simply drop their plans over this. 

The levels of whataboutery here are disturbing, but nothing less than i expect from a generation of cry babies.

Granted a lot of the conflicts that the US has been involved in, can be seen as unjust, by some. But never has the US forced tyranny and dictatorships upon people. Democracy should be something that is celebrated & a lot of countries that we've ended up in, there's been many of civilians of those countries begging for us to be there, so we can't really win, because we'll piss some cry babies off here on home soil, even though we've helped put an end to a lot of peoples suffering under brutal regimes. Listen, i know we're not perfect, but comparing the US' involvement in other conflicts is just stupid & naive & smacks of wanting to look / sound cool without really knowing the full facts. 9/11 was unprovoked. Granted we went into Iraq which had nothing to do with 9/11 in reality & in certain times in recent history it's looked like the wrong decision, but there's a lot a large number of Iraqi people who are grateful that our involvement happened because now they get to live a little freer & they get to choose who runs their country through means of elections. I could go on even more, but i can't be bothered. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Westerberg89 said:

But never has the US forced tyranny and dictatorships upon people.

whew lad

14 minutes ago, Westerberg89 said:

9/11 was unprovoked.

WHEW LAD

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Whataboutism is when you use one bad thing to excuse another bad thing. No one here is trying to excuse anything. Russia is very wrong right now, and the U.S. has been wrong a number of times too. The point is that all of it is wrong and multiple wrongs do not make a right.

Now let's see how far we can all derail this thread after what we did to the Hella Mega thread. 🤣

13 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

Whataboutism is when you use one bad thing to excuse another bad thing. No one here is trying to excuse anything. Russia is very wrong right now, and the U.S. has been wrong a number of times too. The point is that all of it is wrong and multiple wrongs do not make a right.

Now let's see how far we can all derail this thread after what we did to the Hella Mega thread. 🤣

Hopefully another teaser can get us back on track!!! Tomorrow is March 1st so I hope we get something tomorrow!!! I still can’t believe I correctly predicted last week’s teaser!!! In the morning, I said I had a good feeling about that day, which was 2/22/22!!!

Speaking of that teaser, I just watched it again with my earbuds on and the mix just sounds incredible!!!! It actually sounds better than the other teasers, which means they have the final mixes ready!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

We need music during troubled times like these. It wouldn’t be inappropriate by any means. The Beatles came to America just a little over 2 months after JFK was assassinated

Yes, the music will help us cope!  

• Like 3