1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

2 minutes ago, BeachBum said:

let's shift the conversation back to "1972" album speculations 

I totally agree! When do you guys think we’ll get an announcement since these last 2 teasers were so close together?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gnash said:

I feel like this was a missed opportunity for 2000 Light Spanks Away…

English is not my mother tongue, so Pardon my French :D

But I could have said that the next album is 2000 Spanks Away

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think it was random and no indication things are moving faster than whatever the time frame was.  The only thing we can guess now that the big birthday has come and gone is whether they’ll want to release something before or after Hella Mega Europe (if it happens). If it doesn’t maybe they would push the date up.

Here’s a thought — an announcement in March, a single before their festival dates and tour so they can add a new song to the setlist and a new release in September (followed by a bigger GD tour?)

I heard some rumors that GD is coming to South America for a mini tour in september so I hope they have new music by then😋😋

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

Can anyone confirm 1972 is NOT on Ye's stem player?

He did some stuff with Fall Out Boy back in the day, so a Green Ye Colabo is not the wackiest idea I've ever had....

....Spank By Myself

• Confused 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RedundantIdiot said:

Hurry up and make an announcement, GD! 

Yes. I’m glad there’s something coming but no single no nothing really during these trying times and unpredictable teases basically containing nothing for months… I wish there was at least a single or a tease with lyrics/vocals. It’s messed up that the Longshot was more exciting and interactive than this. Green Day is supposed to be a big deal.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think it was random and no indication things are moving faster than whatever the time frame was.  The only thing we can guess now that the big birthday has come and gone is whether they’ll want to release something before or after Hella Mega Europe (if it happens). If it doesn’t maybe they would push the date up.

Here’s a thought — an announcement in March, a single before their festival dates and tour so they can add a new song to the setlist and a new release in September (followed by a bigger GD tour?)

I’m surprised they didn’t drop a single before the Super Bowl Festival

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Doggins said:

Maybe they've scrapped 1972 in favour of a politically-charged album due to current events

Too late to scrap it now, they’re already teasing it!!! If the Ukraine situation inspires Billie to write new music, I can see another political album coming out next year, or maybe even 2024 which is the next election year!

• Like 4

I'm hopeful for more exciting things to happen in March. Maybe a single release and/or album release announcement? I'm a patient person but we're definitely becoming eager beavers 🙃

• Like 3

Okay, I was listening to Dashboard Confessional last night.  We REALLY need some new Green Day because I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Okay, I was listening to Dashboard Confessional last night.  We REALLY need some new Green Day because I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here. 

These are desperate times!

We really need new Green Day.

I’m so jonsing I’m listening to NOTHING!

This is torture. Is it worth listening to Dashboard Confessional or does that just make it more painful.

Are we masochists here? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m back to listening to Van Weezer

If I play Weezer or Offspring one more time, the fbi is going to suspect them of faking stream numbers. I have to lay off for a while.

Bowling for Soup have a new one called about Brad Pitt, which is pretty entertaining. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bakabanas said:

Prediction: album May 7th, single April 9th. It must be an album, too many teasers.

Doubt that. April 9th and May 7th are on Saturdays. If anything, they’ll be released on Fridays. I hope we get an announcement this week!!! I’m hoping for at least a single in March!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

Doubt that. April 9th and May 7th are on Saturdays. If anything, they’ll be released on Fridays. I hope we get an announcement this week!!! I’m hoping for at least a single in March!!!

March is so soon! I hope so too!

However, holding off might be a really good idea considering world events right now or maybe dropping a single would be a great idea as a gift to fans during these terrible times.

• Like 2