1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

25 minutes ago, PonyboyCurtis said:

What comment was this? I missed it.

I don’t want Billie censored. Let his freak flag fly.

It was some long intro at the top of the YouTube comments for FOAM and Oh Yeah, looks like its gone now and they replaced it with something shorter. Not important, but it seemed like they were trying too hard to sound like "we don't give a fuck". They don't have to specifically tell us that, just show us! Hopefully it'll be different this time around. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Ahahah 😂

Dear friends and fuckers. Here’s our new burger album we made for 1992! That’s right! A new album for the kid. We wanted to make something about fucking. Drinking. Eating. Joy.. and straight up bloody. It’s the history of us. Meaning all of us. None of this is choreographed.. we don’t need to be choreographed... just lose your shit.. snort like you're having a fucking line.. dance like your hair is on fire. punk soul rockers! Crawl on the dance floor.. spit in the air.. get weird. 1992 !! Love Green Day 

I feel like @That Dude now

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Ahahah 😂

Dear friends and fuckers. Here’s our new burger album we made for 1992! That’s right! A new album for the kid. We wanted to make something about fucking. Drinking. Eating. Joy.. and straight up bloody. It’s the history of us. Meaning all of us. None of this is choreographed.. we don’t need to be choreographed... just lose your shit.. snort like you're having a fucking line.. dance like your hair is on fire. punk soul rockers! Crawl on the dance floor.. spit in the air.. get weird. 1992 !! Love Green Day 

I was hoping Billie Joe mentioned me in his comment, but alas. 

I've got a song title before I fall asleep:

Booze In The Desert !

6 hours ago, cav9mm said:

Anybody know who produced or engineered the London sessions? 

I checked the CD and booklet and it doesn't say anywhere who produced or engineered. Maybe it was done by the BBC? Or GD together with the BBC? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I checked the CD and booklet and it doesn't say anywhere or produced or engineered. Maybe it was done by the BBC? Or GD together with the BBC? 

I think the questions was referring to the London RAK sessions for 1972

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

I think the questions was referring to the London RAK sessions for 1972

Oh maybe 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Oh maybe 

Sorry yes, i should have been more clear, do we know whom produced / Audio engineered the sessions from a few months ago that were recorded in London.  

7 hours ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

That was just the weirdest thing of that era. They all acted like they were going through the motions. I hope the fact that they seem more excited now is due to their having more confidence in what they're putting out. 

And please God, don't let Billie type up some rambling, "rebellious" comment to go with the YouTube videos again. 

Yeah, I thought it was in the “blink once if you’re here against your will” territory.

6 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Ahahah 😂

This is scarily accurate :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Clockwise said:

I honestly never have any idea what people mean when they say the band didn’t seem that into promoting FOAM. It seemed like they had a lot of fun recording and trying new things with Butch and said as much in every interview. Just seems like people grasping at straws trying to explain why they don’t like the album.

I do agree with this. There was a lot of promotion. But then they had to hit the brakes for covid. And by the time the tour happened a year later, I think a lot of people had forgotten about FOAM. So a lot of this is just bad timing that was out of their hands.

The new teaser was released at an odd time I feel.  Usually they release stuff around late afternoon for us in Europe but this was early morning.  Could mean something or nothing.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

The new teaser was released at an odd time I feel.  Usually they release stuff around late afternoon for us in Europe but this was early morning.  Could mean something or nothing.  

I think we’ve already established their strategy is no strategy 🙂

What I’m hearing from all these clips is guitars, guitars and more guitars. I get the sense that’s gonna be the overwhelming sound of this project 

• Like 1