1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

The last teaser before today was January 22nd and today is February 22nd. I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that I believe we’ll get an announcement on March 22nd. If you guys have any different theories, let me know

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, greenalert997x said:

Yes, they write music for me. That's how I take it. And for hundreds of thousands of other fans as well. Let our opinions be mixed.

Literally, under any criticism you can write 'hey they're having fun, they're not playing for you' and blah

Agree 100%

• Like 1

At the beginning of the latest tease video: what era is the the skull with the heart and cross bones from?

I’ve seen it many times but am having a problem placing it.

Where is that from? Is it a logo for something? Is it indicative of a certain GD era?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

At the beginning of the latest tease video: what era is the the skull with the heart and cross bones from?

I’ve seen it many times but am having a problem placing it.

Where is that from? Is it a logo for something? Is it indicative of a certain GD era?

There are skulls from 21CB but the heart/skull and crossbones thing is most reminiscent of the Trilogy to me. Then it also dates to Adeline records/merch and that whole era which is when Billie got the finger tattoo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

I hope it's way before so we can see lots of interviews and promo. 

There were basically no interviews or band promo for Hella Mega. I hope that’s not how it goes now. 

I feel like it’s been years since they’ve done an interview/promo campaign.

• Like 1

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

They did interviews for FOAM, but the band looked kind of dead inside, which was a bummer.

It’s almost like Billie put on a different persona for FOAM!!!

”I hate long songs!” Says the man who sings Jesus of Suburbia and The Beatles’ Hey Jude at every live show!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cav9mm said:

Anybody know who produced or engineered the London sessions? 

No idea but my guess would be Dugan?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

I’ll stand by that he was going through a bit of a mid life crisis, I don’t think he was really having a great time during this period but it really seems like the pandemic reset everything g

Yeah he seems happier now that he‘s actually 50

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

It’s almost like Billie put on a different persona for FOAM!!!

”I hate long songs!” Says the man who sings Jesus of Suburbia and The Beatles’ Hey Jude at every live show!

I think there was a definite put-on sense of irony and apathy surrounding FOAM, and I think that was largely the point, to serve as a satire of the state of society (not to mention their beef with Warner).

This should be the new album cover! 🤣

https://www.inkedshop.com/products/mens-blaze-your-own-trail-tee-by-goodie-two-sleeves-black?variant=51292229767&fbclid=IwAR2c7IanZsEujC2sySaVL6bllmCd2nvL4g8VZt7NR0aizZL4kuYO5ZU6qQo

25 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

I honestly never have any idea what people mean when they say the band didn’t seem that into promoting FOAM. It seemed like they had a lot of fun recording and trying new things with Butch and said as much in every interview. Just seems like people grasping at straws trying to explain why they don’t like the album.

I mean, it was a fun record, I like it. But it seemed like they were more focused on Hella Mega than the album, as there are no FOAM songs in the setlist

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yeah he seems happier now that he‘s actually 50

Return of the long songs and feel good hits of the year!  

Oh Yeah!

I am so excited about this project. I’m can’t wait to hear it. What a shitty year. What a shitty two/three years in a row. Thank God for God’s Favorite Band.

I hope at least a single comes out soon. It would help brighten the mood of this shitty year that feels a million days long… and it’s only February…

Really excited for this project!

4 minutes ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

That was just the weirdest thing of that era. They all acted like they were going through the motions. I hope the fact that they seem more excited now is due to their having more confidence in what they're putting out. 

And please God, don't let Billie type up some rambling, "rebellious" comment to go with the YouTube videos again. 

What comment was this? I missed it.

I don’t want Billie censored. Let his freak flag fly.

Edited by PonyboyCurtis
  • Like 2