1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

2 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Oh what if „7 2“ on the guitar means that the album will be released on July 2nd?

I’m going to barf waiting that long.

I think it’s coming sooner than later.

1 minute ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

I’m going to barf waiting that long.

I think it’s coming sooner than later.

Hopefully that means we’ll get a single even sooner!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Banjodewulf2247 said:

Watch all this hype happens and then its just Billie informing us he has cancer.

Gawd this joke sucked. I have no idea why it got attention.

Jezz I hope its not in July, thread is starting to give me nightmares

26 minutes ago, Banjodewulf2247 said:

Gawd this joke sucked. I have no idea why it got attention.

Jezz I hope its not in July, thread is starting to give me nightmares

I can’t believe the care that little about a release where they would put it out mid tour in Europe

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, greenalert997x said:

Sounds so simple 😴 4/4, just descending melody, just bends A#-G-D, intervals: minor third and fourth... and here we go again, total cliché

There's no simpler stuff in rock, it's so overused. Why they don't even try to embellish the sequence a little bit. They could use some shoegaze chords just once, would be more interesting to me. A teaser is supposed to tease, but actually, it doesn't.

Fine example: Cherub Rock by Smashing Pumpkins, sounds simple, powerful, and mysterious at the same time. Green Day could do it with punk. 

Let's hold out hope there will be at least one wacky sonic experimentation.  

Most of the album will probably be fast songs about being sad and the world being bad, but one song with shoegaze passages put through a buzz saw cannon and layered with a trippy Billie Joe croon.   Yeah! oh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I kinda agree that the teaser sounds as if a neural network spat out a Green Day song, so it doesn’t get me particularly excited. Doesn’t mean that it can’t be a great song though. I’m really glad new music is coming!

• Like 2

Maybe I’m going mad (I think it’s pretty clear that Green Day are not the kind of band to do elaborate teasers), BUT why couldn’t they be hinting at a July release date with 1972 (besides the year reference)? True, it seems rather unlikely to set a release date this early and there’s a million other reasons as to why it wouldn’t make much sense. That said, given 1) how drawn out many release schedules these days are and 2) that a July release date would steer clear of (most of) the Hella Mega tour dates, I feel like it’s at least a possibility. 

But then if I’m quite honest, I don’t really know what to believe anymore, so an announcement of any kind would be cool at this point. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

I thought it was pretty much confirmed to be Butch :cry:

Safe assumption that it’s Butch/just GD

• Like 1

I hope they don't make 1972 so exclusive that we can't listen to it.  I know I said they should release it as a car and all, but I'm sitting here all sad and in the dark because I can't review Donda 2. 

Green Day, please don't release the music in car form.  Also, I need 200 dollars for....something unrelated to stemplayers.

Hmmm.  What if Green Day are on Donda 2, guys?   

• Haha 2

Just now, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

I hope the teases have lyrics/vocals at some point. There haven’t been any yet?

The only vocal we have from this is in the first teaser. “WOAHHHHH WOAHHHHHHH!!!”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1