1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

5 minutes ago, Jinxs said:

I don't think this is an EP. There's too much hyping up and teasers for an EP. THIS WILL BE AN ALBUM 😎😎😎

Yes, please. :wub:

If so, they should have their own tour. Here's hoping. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Jinxs said:

I don't think this is an EP. There's too much hyping up and teasers for an EP. THIS WILL BE AN ALBUM 😎😎😎

agreed

• Like 1

I think it’s an EP, and we should be excited about that. It will likely still be nearly as long as FOAM lol.

• Like 3

AFI was an opening band for them back in 09 (or 2010). 'Davey' is written in their equipment cases, so my guess is that that name is there since that time

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

wtf is this post

Yea wtf. Like don't even joke about that happening to someone its messed up

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Banjodewulf2247 said:

Watch all this hype happens and then its just Billie informing us he has cancer.

ooooookay yeah WTF...  Let's just not go there.  

Moving on.... 

I think I am more out of the loop this time vs .... what was the last album ... Father of all.

• Like 1

Maybe they are waiting for 1972 posts/replies on this thread...geez better get posting then 🤣

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

This sounds just like the trilogy and it’s being teased in the same way as the trilogy was exactly 10 years ago. It’s groundhog day.

The sound of the song on the other teaser is more punk-ish, and this sounds different. so this proofs we're getting a new trilogy, released in the same dates as the original one, ten years ago

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BeachBum said:

ooooookay yeah WTF...  Let's just not go there.  

Moving on.... 

I think I am more out of the loop this time vs .... what was the last album ... Father of all.

Still waiting for that forum redesign 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

This sounds just like the trilogy and it’s being teased in the same way as the trilogy was exactly 10 years ago. It’s groundhog day.

1 minute ago, Alf said:

The sound of the song on the other teaser is more punk-ish, and this sounds different. so this proofs we're getting a new trilogy, released in the same dates as the original one, ten years ago

Yeah it sounds more like American Idiot but louder and heavier!!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Billie still can’t let go of the mistakes of the trilogy. If this is a power pop album with dirty noisy guitars I’d be perfectly happy

totally

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Oh man it does feel that way! And the guitar solo sounds like the trilogy but the riff/ overall sound is giving me hella RevRad vibes

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Look what I've found with a tool on my computer to find hidden image in the background.
giphy.gif

#currentmood 😆 

19 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I hope it’s like the Trilogy but executed in a way that the band feels good about and loves.

The Trilogy is one of the greatest lost treasures. I hope this album redeems this concept and is just as exciting! 

And brings back Trilogy songs to the set list with these new awesome 1972 songs. As exciting as the Longshot but more exciting because it’s the whole band: the super power that is Green Day!

I feel like Green Day is really excited about this project but maybe they are sick of the pandemic too and seem kind of jaded sometimes. It can be pretty boring and scary even doing the simplistic things that used to be fun before the pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I can’t tell if I’ve been brainwashed by the nonsensical connections we’ve made here, but the fact that they showed D-3 twice COULD mean something if they are in fact more sophisticated than they’ve been

• Like 3

anyone else get a QOTSA feeling from this last tease? Go With The Flow kinda, anyways, sounds great and I’m pumped!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Billie still can’t let go of the mistakes of the trilogy. If this is a power pop album with dirty noisy guitars I’d be perfectly happy

Me too. He needs to finally get it right

• Like 2

"Trilogy done right" would be awesome! Except, Trilogy was great, it just needed more of those Otis remixes guitars.

• Like 3
  • Love 1