1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaLYVHWOuDv/?utm_medium=copy_link

According to Oakland Coffee, today is Green Day Day!!! This would’ve been the perfect opportunity to officially reveal 1972, don’t you think? 😩

2 hours ago, StaryedHeart said:

I remember Billie posted a photo in the studio on january and the album was released in october😩😩

Yes, and Bang Bang came out mid August and they announced it at the beginning of the month

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

So true. They all look delicious. ❤️ 

They look very much like they did as they walked a lonely road called the Boulevard of Broken Dreams.  

So I'm thinking Idiot vibes mushed together with Trilogy weirdness.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, That Dude said:

They look very much like they did as they walked a lonely road called the Boulevard of Broken Dreams.  

So I'm thinking Idiot vibes mushed together with Trilogy weirdness.   

I was definitely getting American Idiot vibes with the last teaser. With the heavy, crunchy guitars!!!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, michael1989 said:

Feb. 20 is World Day of Social Justice. I just know this will be the day 1972 drops. Any guesses what time?

What makes you think that?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I was definitely getting American Idiot vibes with the last teaser. With the heavy, crunchy guitars!!!

Oh and I forgot to mention the third ingredient.  All GDA members and Green Day fans will rejoice....

Oceans of Unicorn vomit, aka the FOAM sound.  It's gonna wash over the Idiot and Trilogy vibes so hard they will die in the crushing waves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, That Dude said:

You guys think because they aren't playing the FOAM stuff live that they are giving up on that style.   But no.  They are saving it all up for GD14.   

It's gonna be Mega Foamy.

5 hours ago, jengd said:

A tsunami of foam!

You guys are so hilarious today! Mega Hilarious!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You guys think we’ll get another teaser (announcement if we’re lucky) this week? Tuesday, February 22 marks 1 month since the last teaser!!!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

You guys think we’ll get another teaser (announcement if we’re lucky) this week? Tuesday, February 22 marks 1 month since the last teaser!!!

Here’s hoping 🤞 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I really thought GDC would have been active like hell when they teased us with '72.
Now it's dead as fuck 😂
What a way to promote, great job Green Day 🎉

If GDC which follow each step of the band already given up this lazy marketing strategy, I can't think of anyone else that is still hyped for this.

The band didn't had the fans as a target nor the casual listeners... the only thing I can think is that they should quit drinking...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jumpsalty said:

I don’t know why people assumed we’d get anything on his birthday. 1972 is a broad term probably collective to all of them turning 50 this year plus why would he want to work on his birthday 😂 patience is a virtue 

Most of us assumed we would be getting regular hints, which would make total sense, since they were teasing us.

They're a band with millions of fans on the whole world, as soon as they start a promotional marketing, it's obvious that the fans will start to try and rationalize what is going on. Once they start teasing, they kind of owe the fans (which are they target and will buy their 'product') at least some new hints. Otherwise wouldn't make sense to have it all started 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I don't care having the official announcement in 7 months. But would have been cool to have at least one hint every week or so until then.

Kind of like what the Longshot did that was so fun

20 minutes ago, jumpsalty said:

I don’t know why people assumed we’d get anything on his birthday. 1972 is a broad term probably collective to all of them turning 50 this year plus why would he want to work on his birthday 😂 patience is a virtue 

We were all running with the birthday theme and the title of the project. But that’s exactly what Mr. Pacejunkie said when I told him about all this. “He won’t do anything on Thursday. Why would he want to work on his birthday?” I should listen to him more 😂 Also, it’s easy to forget sometimes that this is work for them. 

• Like 2