1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Green Day has had such an incredible career and journey together. The way how Billie makes the covers sound better than original is mind blowing. All the young dudes, like a Rolling Stones, summer of 69 the list just goes on and on. They’ve still got it I truly believe, though the setlist has gotten stale. I’m laid back and ready for a new era. I’ll like anything by Green Day, anything that doesn’t sound like foam

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

I don't think there is anyone here who thinks Green Day's marketing strategies have ever been "clever."

I was referring to all those theories that people have come up with, like about the teasers being dropped on specific days and all that stuff

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

I don't think there is anyone here who thinks Green Day's marketing strategies have ever been "clever."

Do you have any ideas as to when we should expect an announcement? Are we close? Still a little ways off?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Do you have any ideas as to when we should expect an announcement? Are we close? Still a little ways off?

Honestly if he does have information, I'd assume there's a limit to what he is allowed to share and when.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

Lets not get too greedy or spoiled either  :

In the past two years we’ve had

A Green Day Album

A Network Album

A BJA solo/covers album

A Live recordings album (BBC Sessions)

A US national tour

3 singles.

M’on t’fuck like !

+ Rock N Roll night live single + blondie's dreaming cover

• Like 2

Wait.

Is the album called Speculation Thread and this hasn't been a speculation thread but a thread about Speculation Thread?

If this is true, I apologize for speculating in the Speculation Thread thread.

wow.  

• Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

3 hours ago, michael1989 said:

Who knows. Maybe they had an EP ready to go but were so excited with the material they decided to make an album of it. 

I think this is actually true based on the tea leaves

• Like 2

4 hours ago, michael1989 said:

Who knows. Maybe they had an EP ready to go but were so excited with the material they decided to make an album of it. 

Hopefully! That would be amazing for us and exciting for them to be so into the music! 

• Like 1

Everything @cav9mm said 110%. We have gotten so much from them in the past two years and have nothing to complain about. Further, let us remember that even in  the absence of their Warner contract, writing, recording, and producing a good quality album takes a lot of time. They won't just be cranking out stuff over night, especially when they have been so busy with these other projects and covid has disrupted things too. The fact that they are teasing us proves they have something that is nearly ready for release. And maybe this is a good strategy, since it seems they are keeping us eagerly waiting for the next tease. The unpredictability is holding our attention and is the reason we are still talking about this. 

I've been good for so long, I can contain it no longer..I think the album should be called Azucar Threat and be super angsty.

No song titles.  Fans will just have to discuss them and eventually, the fan names will become cannon on future releases. 

We can even vote on what the lyrics are and our version shall be what Billie says.

No numbers either, just a big ole glob of Green Day.   

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Tea leaves?

Just means like based on the information we know and putting puzzle pieces together

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cav9mm said:

Lets not get too greedy or spoiled either  :

In the past two years we’ve had

A Green Day Album

A Network Album

A BJA solo/covers album

A Live recordings album (BBC Sessions)

A US national tour

3 singles.

The Blondie and Kiss Cover’s

The previously unseen Insomniac live tour footage and songs from Prague.

M’on t’fuck like !

EDIT : Thank you @Gonzalo17

Who cares? Once they start teasing new material on social media (multiple times at that), it is fair to expect something shortly thereafter.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Who cares? Once they start teasing new material on social media (multiple times at that), it is fair to expect something shortly thereafter.

Yeah back in 2016 I think they were teasing the #RevRad hashtag for about 4 months if I’m not mistaken

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I wonder if it was supposed to be an EP but they decided to do an album so the release got postponed.

• Like 2