1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Still nothing in the Southern Sector at of real 9:20pm.   

I wanna stay up and wait with you guys, but it looks like I'll have to wait until the morning commute to catch the new Green Day album.

Unless I get up to pee, but I rarely do that.   The dog either.  

Hang in there and we'll reconvene tomorrow.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Very weird the official account has been teasing this for 2 months now and still nothing. I’d get it if it was the individual members teasing, but odd for the band account to this far in advance. Still think something may be coming tonight.

I’m thinking maybe Billie would post something tonight or tomorrow, saying something like, “Thanks for all your birthday wishes! Love you all!!” And then he spills the details about 1972!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

What the fuck, "I'm so tired of waiting for you" billie, Its like he's trying to make up for that One fucking Minute. I'm "rotting inside" Waiting for this album. Sure we got it all wrong this time but i'm sure will get the date right the "Second time around".

• Like 1

If nothing is announced today, there HAS to be something next week. We're losing our damn minds at this point :lol: 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, ThranaM said:

Lol, this is not new at all with this band.

The marketing strategy and the teasing has been shit for many years, so we just have to wait and suddenly there will be something. 

Truth

• Like 4

I listened to Oliver Tree's new album this morning since I couldn't find Green Day 14.

It's okay.

• Like 1

Even some of my friends who are casual fans are shocked nothing has happened. They saw the IG tease every two weeks and got somewhat interested in GD again but now totally forgot. I'm even more convinced the project got cancelled. If not, horrid marketing.

• Like 1

I do agree its been a weird marketing technique, so random. But to say the project’s been cancelled is just not true. Some news will be coming sooner than later.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If a release was really months away I agree they shouldn’t have started teasing it in December 

and a week after a compilation release...

• Like 2

All this proves is that Green Day is not nearly as clever with their marketing strategy as everyone here thinks they are.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

So what was the 123go big announcement that they said would drop today?

Rancid and Op Ivy vinyl

Would take the Butch walker appearance at Billie’s birthday party as the final nail in the coffin of a Butch-free album

• Sad 3

27 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

Would take the Butch walker appearance at Billie’s birthday party as the final nail in the coffin of a Butch-free album

please, god, no

• Sad 1