1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

The problem is more likely that we get too overhyped and convince our selves that something MUST BE COMING tomorrow. Rev rev was teased 7 months before bang bang came out, and bands like the arctic monkeys have been teasing their next album for years

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Clockwise said:

This EP coming out today is going to be awesome. Anyone know what time Billie was born? Probably going to drop then.

If I give you my birthday, can you extrapolate Billie Joe's from that?  

October 17th, 19-19-1985.   

I hope this works.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, That Dude said:

If I give you my birthday, can you extrapolate Billie Joe's from that?  

October 17th, 19-19-1985.   

I hope this works.   

Can't allow a BFS reference to go unnoticed

• Like 2

Just now, DookieLukie said:

When is the big Oakland Coffee announcement again?

Who knows. They may announce they’re giving up on it because they noticed no one cares???

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Who knows. They may announce they’re giving up on it because they noticed no one cares???

People don't need to care. It's their little passion project. They can probably sink millions into it.

My inside source at Oakland Coffee says the EP will be right there in your mug with your morning roast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm checking in now because it's 4:20 where I live, thought something might be happening.  

I bet ole 2 Dolla Bill was born at 4:20, California time.  

Not REAL time like here on the East Coast, but still pretty legit.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

My inside source at Oakland Coffee says the EP will be right there in your mug with your morning roast.

Interesting…….

On one hand i’m like

“Dammit Green Day, give me what i want”

On the other i’m like 

“Dammit Green Day, keep me guessing “

just as well i only have two hands .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clockwise said:

Confirmed subscriber only EP?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

People don't need to care. It's their little passion project. They can probably sink millions into it.

I’d be fine with that as long as they weren’t trying to recoup their $$ by merging the company with the band.

• Like 3

I don't think it will be today but I could be wrong. I just don't think Billie would want anyone to react negatively to anything he posts (on his birthday) 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

The idea of a Green Day project commemorating their 50th birthdays dropping on Billie's birthday would kinda rub me the wrong way honestly. 

Don't get me wrong, I would love new music from them, but releasing something on his birthday would make it seem like he is more important than the others. I'm probably overthinking it, but I would want the project to celebrate all 3 of them, rather than just one of them.

You have a decent point, and they may well feel the same way. It's probably unlikely that a release happens exactly on any of their birthdays.

2 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

The idea of a Green Day project commemorating their 50th birthdays dropping on Billie's birthday would kinda rub me the wrong way honestly. 

Don't get me wrong, I would love new music from them, but releasing something on his birthday would make it seem like he is more important than the others. I'm probably overthinking it, but I would want the project to celebrate all 3 of them, rather than just one of them.

That's been my problem with the band for years

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Nothing is coming.

We all see your location.    You've got to move on to anger, I think that's your next step.  ;) 

27 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I was so sure some news would drop today, but there’s still time left

Nothing on radar out here in the Southern sector, Captain.  

7 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

You have a decent point, and they may well feel the same way. It's probably unlikely that a release happens exactly on any of their birthdays.

Tre.  

The Album.  

• Haha 3