1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

2 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

maybe they could even surprise us with a shadow drop

Not so sure. The only time they ever did that was Christmas Eve 2015 for Xmas Time of the Year

I always enjoy seeing all of Billie’s public birthday messages. Even better when he shares pics of his party with us. Should be fun

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I can’t believe the man is turning 50 tomorrow. He’s a baby.

Literally

I mean, we know that the 1972 teasers mean something and that there is definitely new music coming. We just don't know exactly what or when. It's reasonable to expect we will hear something from the band on Billie's birthday, but we can't be sure. But sooner or later, we know new music is coming. As others have pointed out recently in this thread, we have seen lots of music from Green Day over the past couple of years. Since the last album we have had No Fun Mondays, the Network album, three singles, etc. As others have mentioned, only a few years ago we would go years between getting music or even hearing much from the band. We have nothing to be upset about. And if the Super Bowl Music Fest performance is any indication, whatever we get next is going to be killer.

We've definitely got moe content than usual this past yr or so. I'm not complaining, but nothing is coming for a while.

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

What the fuck? 😂😂 That's funny lol

TMNT by Green Day

Go Green Machine by FOB

I know nothing about this but at this point it doesn’t surprise me one bit

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I know nothing about this but at this point it doesn’t surprise me one bit

Nothing is true but this made me laugh. 

Edit: well idk if it's not true anymore.

53 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

What the fuck? 😂😂 That's funny lol

TMNT by Green Day

Go Green Machine by FOB

Idea Wiki LMFAO 😆

21 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

I can't tell if this is real or not :lol:

I don't want to freak you out but I cannot lie
So who's holding the shells? 
Who's holding the shells?
I don't want to freak you out, but I cannot lie

I was a teenage ninja turtle full of piss and vinegar
Living like a prisoner for haters
I was a ninja turtle, I am an alien visitor
My life's a mess and shells are just for suckers

So who's holding the shells? 
Who's holding the shells?
I don't want to freak you out, but I cannot lie

I was a teenage ninja turtle full of piss and vinegar
I was a teenage ninja turtle, I am an alien visitor
My life's a mess and shells are just for suckers

I was a teenage ninja turtle full of piss and vinegar
(I was a ninja turtle)
I was a teenage ninja turtle, I am an alien visitor
My life's a mess and shells are just for suckers

The movie itself is real

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt8589698/

Not expecting anything to release tomorrow but I'm feeling an announcement of something possibly to release either this Friday or next. If anything just a single though, I can't see them dropping a full EP/album so suddenly. Even for The Network we had Invankkka as a single before the Trans Am EP and then finally the album a month or so later

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Not expecting anything to release tomorrow but I'm feeling an announcement of something possibly to release either this Friday or next. If anything just a single though, I can't see them dropping a full EP/album so suddenly. Even for The Network we had Invankkka as a single before the Trans Am EP and then finally the album a month or so later

Maybe they’ll follow the same formula for this? Maybe surprise single tomorrow, EP on Mike’s birthday in May, and an album for Tré’s birthday in December!!! Well we just gotta wait and see and I’M SO FUCKING EXCITED!!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

There is no spotify release tomorrow on the new zealand spotify for Green Day. No Release Tomorrow

The future has not been written. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.

• Thanks 1

So this is a real movie that is coming out next year and as best as I can tell the info in this link does match up with info I am finding in credible news articles, though I have yet to find anything specifically about the soundtrack. But this seems plausible.

4 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Either way tomorrow is gonna be fun. Either we get a new song or announcement or something, or nothing happens and this place has another 21st century breakdown

You mean a mental breakdown and not as in a 5 year wait between albums, right?   Because I've have a breakdown if GREEN DAY 14 isn't released until 2025.   

11 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

So this is a real movie that is coming out next year and as best as I can tell the info in this link does match up with info I am finding in credible news articles, though I have yet to find anything specifically about the soundtrack. But this seems plausible.

The movie is happening but it's still in post prod so we can't know the soundtrack. Even the actors aren't known.

Ideas wiki is just what fans would love to have in the movie.

• Like 4