1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

On 2/14/2022 at 2:02 PM, Beerjeezus said:

starting to use twitter is the worst thing anyone can do for themselves these days. It was fun when he was posting there a lot in 2011, but the site has become incredibly toxic. I’m glad he’s staying away (and definitely not looking himself up on there)

Is Billie still on Twitter though? I think he was off for like a year and then just came back to post about his car. Haven't seen anything else. I am in total agreement with you though. I have a professional Twitter account and even just following people/organizations related to my career is getting super painful. I get depressed every time I look at it (which is not very often) and am wondering if I should stay at all. 

5 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

Is Billie still on Twitter though? I think he was off for like a year and then just came back to post about his car. Haven't seen anything else. I am in total agreement with you though. I have a professional Twitter account and even just following people/organizations related to my career is getting super painful. I get depressed every time I look at it (which is not very often) and wondering if I should stay at all. 

I think most of the time someone else is in charge of his twitter these days. The account is hardly ever used and when it posts, it’s usually a repost of something promo-related. I agree with you 100%. I only check out Twitter once in a blue moon and it always looks like a pit of despair to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clockwise said:

Can't wait for this EP to drop in two days!

EP and a music video. 

• Like 3

I thought for sure there would be some type of release on his birthday, which we definitely would’ve known about by now! I mean, I guess there’s still a chance they could announce something today, am I right?

• Like 1

I only follow bands and music sites in Twitter to keep up and I find it incredibly helpful. Though these days I'm not on it as much as I was which has been nice. It's too overwhelming and stressful to try to keep up with everything going on.

• Like 3

If there will be no annoucement about further details of 1972 on his birthday, I will be dissapointed.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

If there will be no annoucement about further details of 1972 on his birthday, I will be dissapointed.

Something has to be happening on Thursday!!! It makes perfect sense!!! Keep an eye out on Instagram because if they post another one of those group selfies where they stare at the camera with smirks on their faces, that’s their “we have an announcement” face!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Though someone in the comments did mention that the photos shown are from Operation Ivy’s Energy and Rancid’s Let’s Go. 

• Like 3

well, if nothing happens by the end of tomorrow, its uncertain when to expect what from GD, so please GD we wait for redemption :D

• Like 2

Still a reissue of Op Ivy’s Energy would be cool to see. And even if this isn’t the news, Green Day could still drop something 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

The store commented on this saying that not everything is about green day but some things are and they said to stay subscribed to their email list this year. 

So it sounds like it's coming but it's not coming soon

That's exactly how I read it. The previous hints don't make a lot of sense now as far as timing, so I'm guessing it's delayed due to adding or changing something. Or maybe they just decided they want a better release date. 

• Like 3

There is no spotify release tomorrow on the new zealand spotify for Green Day. No Release Tomorrow

• Like 2
  • Sad 1