1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

14 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Do you think we’re getting another hint on his birthday or, even better, a surprise single? If it’s a single, maybe they’ll announce it tomorrow!

I would have said an announcement Monday or Tuesday and a single Thursday or Friday, but now I’m less sure. Maybe just a release announcement this week that a single is sometime very soon and an EP is a little further off? But something has to happen this week. They wouldn’t call the project 1972 and let the occasion of his 50th birthday go by without a tie-in of some kind.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I would have said an announcement Monday or Tuesday and a single Thursday or Friday, but now I’m less sure. Maybe just a release announcement this week that a single is sometime very soon and an EP is a little further off? But something has to happen this week. They wouldn’t call the project 1972 and let the occasion of his 50th birthday go by without a tie-in of some kind.

I was so sure they would have something to release on each of their birthdays.

The EP Trilogy theory:

2/17 EP 1 (Billie’s birthday)

5/4 EP 2 (Mike’s birthday)

12/9 EP 3 (Tré’s birthday)

2 other possibilities:

2/17 Single

5/4 Album

12/9 Single

or

2/17 Single

5/4 Single

12/9 Album

UGH…the anticipation is killing me!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

I was so sure they would have something to release on each of their birthdays.

2/17 Single

5/4 Single

12/9 Album

UGH…the anticipation is killing me!!!

OR

2/17 Announcement

5/4 Album/EP

12/9 DVD  ( I really love BTS of studio time and concert footage!)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Biddymc said:

OR

2/17 Announcement

5/4 Album/EP

I was definitely getting ¡CUATRO! vibes from that first teaser!!! Speaking of that, I’m surprised we never got a live album from the Trilogy era. They could’ve called it ¡CINCO!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I don’t remember it that well because it’s been a decade, but I think something kinda bad happened around that time, that may have been the reason they cut back on touring and content for a while.

Yes, the iHeart Radio incident and Billie’s rehab

• Like 1

Single tomorrow, full EP on billie's birthday would make sense. Or the whole thing at once on 17th.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, John.reject23 said:

Single tomorrow, full EP on billie's birthday would make sense. Or the whole thing at once on 17th.

As much as I would LOVE to see this, I don't think we would get a single any time other than a Friday unfortunately.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

As much as I would LOVE to see this, I don't think we would get a single any time other than a Friday unfortunately.

So maybe they’ll announce a single Thursday for Friday surprise release (along with an EP/LP future date drop)

• Like 2

Standard release dates matter less and less these days. Pretty normal to release singles any day of the week, and getting more common releasing albums on days other than Friday as well. Green Day can do whatever the fuck they want anyway lol.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So maybe they’ll announce a single Thursday for Friday surprise release (along with an EP/LP future date drop)

Whenever they announce the first single for this, they’re probably not going to treat it like the one-off singles and just say, “Hey we got a new single coming this Friday!” When they announced Bang Bang in 2016, it was 2 weeks in advance. 

I’m thinking maybe they don’t even release a single this time around if it’s indeed an EP with less songs. They would probably release the whole thing at once. Who knows, just a thought.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I was definitely getting ¡CUATRO! vibes from that first teaser!!! Speaking of that, I’m surprised we never got a live album from the Trilogy era. They could’ve called it ¡CINCO!

Right, but there was a bunch of official live tracks around that era.

* 3 live versions as UNO digital bonus tracks from Converse's soundcloud page (Let yourself go, Stay the night, Oh Love from Irving Plaza 2012). They were free to download, not available now though.

* Japanese Version Trilogy (Let yourself Go from Austin Texas 2011 for UNO, Coming Clean from Irving Plaza 2012 for DOS and Nuclear Family from Shibuya AX Tokyo 2012 for TRÉ) + 4 digital bonus tracks you could download as mp3 quality if you get those CDs (Stop When The Red Light Flash, Carpe Diem, Kill the DJ and 99 Revolutions, all taken from Shibuya AX Tokyo 2012)

Therefore, there were two live videos taken from Irving Plaza uploaded on GD official Youtube Channel and one live version of 99 Revolutions from Bologna Italy on ONE's Youtube Channel. So, there were plenty of material to release something for trilogy era BUT not "compiled" in one release as BIAB or AAF. BTW, I hope GD releases a live EP including Pollyanna, taken more stuff Hella Mega and their last show.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BratReject23 said:

I think it would be too early, we hadn't any hint or announcement in what? more than 3 weeks?
BUT who knows! 

I like this:  

16 hours ago, Biddymc said:

OR

2/17 Announcement

5/4 Album/EP

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GreenDayItaly said:

I hope we'll get some news this week!!! It'd be amazing have a new teaser today. Do you guys remember when BJ announced a new album on Valentine's Day back in 2012?

https://twitter.com/billiejoe/status/169499000305750016?cxt=HHwWgMCQ8Kqcl9oEAAAA

Today could a very special day!

P.S. I miss when he was on Twitter more often. The last post was his car was stolen. Nothing about finding it. I hope he starts using Twitter again for announcements and fun things. Hopefully today!

• Like 2
  • Love 1