1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

35 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Could be a cool concept, albeit very naive and not factual.

Because as we all know, American institutions are alive and well

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BratReject23 said:

Come on guys, we know NOTHING about the album, how are we supposed to judge one song if it would fit or not in album that we literally know nothing aside from the thematic of one song(American dream or whatever it’s the name)? Also, 1981 was recorded in a shitty quality so relax 😅😅

And we already have a clip of the studio version, without vocals of course, but it sounds much better!!!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

Because as we all know, American institutions are alive and well

I didn’t say that. But life is objectively better than mostly any other time in history. This doesn’t mean that there aren’t many issues to fix, of course.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mato said:

This whole situation in recent years has a lot of similarities with the situation from 20 years ago:

- Warning - didn't get the best reviews and generally was considered a weird era for the band, same goes for Father of All

- they did Pop Disaster tour with Blink and couple of other bands; they did the Hella Mega tour with Weezer and Fall Out Boy - both serving basically the same cause - a greatest hits tour to prove they're still the best and relevant and to raise some bucks

- The Network records - just doing something for fun before the big explosion

- American Idiot - well, we know what happened after that

I'm really not superstitious, but it would be really cool if they would manage to pull of a third ''comeback'' and take on the world one more time (whatever that would mean in today's time of streaming, trap beats on every corner, bizarre Taylor Swift mania and pretty much no real rock bands with balls getting recognized on a global scale. I won't even mention the Grammys).

Plus major world events in between albums. Between Warning and American Idiot, we had 9/11, anthrax attacks, the War on Terror, and War in Iraq. Since FOAM, we had Covid, BLM, the election, January 6th, the Russian war on Ukraine, and now the Hamas terror attacks in Israel!!!

Just now, DookieLukie said:

What did you fix? It’s the same.

I made a mistake, I wrote Palestinians instead of Hamas so I fixed it

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Plus major world events in between albums. Between Warning and American Idiot, we had 9/11, anthrax attacks, the War on Terror, and War in Iraq. Since FOAM, we had Covid, BLM, the election, January 6th, the Russian war on Ukraine, and now the Palestinian terror attacks in Israel!!!

Revolution radio fit the themes of 2020, the album was very prophetic,  I feel like the new album will lean more in that direction but better execution because rob cavallo.

1 minute ago, ekim said:

Revolution radio fit the themes of 2020, the album was very prophetic,  I feel like the new album will lean more in that direction but better execution because rob cavallo.

Political but not conceptual to the point where they name drop characters like they did on ai and 21st 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ekim said:

Religion breeds violence these people are killing in the name of a god they don't even know exist or not, same here in america with Christianity especially the right wing hypocrites who worship an orange blob of shit who's more demonic than anything else trump is the closest thing we will ever see to hitler whenever he's convicted get ready to see our own homegrown terrorist strikes here in the United States it's coming 

Is that you, Billie?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

I didn’t say that. But life is objectively better than mostly any other time in history. This doesn’t mean that there aren’t many issues to fix, of course.

Depends on which theme you are basing that opinion on. From a technological perspective possibly. Economically definitely not. 

The 90s were a better time to be alive. We’ve been on a steady decline as a society since the mid 2000s. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ekim said:

Yep 

Nice! Now I’m your friend like other people on here and know you intimately and can brag about it!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

And we already have a clip of the studio version, without vocals of course, but it sounds much better!!!

I think these clips that they put related to 1972 there's no relation with the real new upcoming album. So 1981 will not be on the new album as well as most of the songs shown in these clips

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ekim said:

Yep 

You are outted just shortly after I was.  Let's hope Tre can hold out longer than either of us.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Do you actually enjoy being here? It seems you’re always angry.

Lukie has been showing his ass since September 28, 2012

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Do you actually enjoy being here? It seems you’re always angry.

I’m here mainly for news and updates.

43 minutes ago, Baro said:

I think these clips that they put related to 1972 there's no relation with the real new upcoming album. So 1981 will not be on the new album as well as most of the songs shown in these clips

Bummer I really liked the guitar riffs on Clip 9 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Lukie has been showing his ass since September 28, 2012

...I've been accidently misgendering everyone on here since 2012, haha.    We don't see pictures of each other that much and there's really no way to decipher genders from posts.   I'm sorry to those of you who I've incorrectly assumed were female.   Which is most of you.         (actually just two in particular) 

Anyway, 1972 is dead.   Don't we have an album 14 thread we can go crazy in?    

• Haha 1

Just now, That Dude said:

...I've been accidently misgendering everyone on here since 2012, haha.    We don't see pictures of each other that much and there's really no way to decipher genders from posts.   I'm sorry to those of you who I've incorrectly assumed were female.   Which is most of you.         (actually just two in particular) 

Anyway, 1972 is dead.   Don't we have an album 14 thread we can go crazy in?    

Imagine if you were That Dudette.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Imagine if you were That Dudette.

I mean, this IS the exclusively-female Green Day Community.....right?  RIGHT?????   I would feel so uncomfortable if there were ACTUAL DUDES in here.    imagine!  

1972 Monster Dreams Zombies!  

1 hour ago, Baro said:

23 minutes ago, ekim said:

Bummer I really liked the guitar riffs on Clip 9 

To be fair, we don’t know that for sure just yet. For all we know, they probably just added to what they originally had

• Like 4