1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

55 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Hopefully they band would know those select few would really get a kick out of the clues. Or maybe they don’t care anymore. They used to care.

The Trilogy era and releases and playing new music to small crowds seems to be the last time Green Day was really invested into the projects and seemed really excited. The Longshot was pretty exciting too. I don’t know what has been going on with Green Day. I thought 1972 was the new exciting era and getting everyone hyped up and excited. It’s just a let down so far. Hella Mega for life. Only stuff that makes money and sells merch. Re-issues and dead end teases.

I think it’s sad that a stolen car gets more hype than Green Day. It sucks that happened but it got more attention and tweets than the band or new music. It’s like a metaphor of holding on to old stuff and getting too comfortable. I miss the Trilogy era excitement. This lacklustre promotion of 1972 coupled with the pandemic and general shittiness and the disappointment of Hella Mega being a greatest hits tour was a letdown over the past couple of years. I also wish they hadn’t toured at all. It was like a contradiction of wanting to stay safe yet exposure to COVID. 

I’m usually a very positive and optimistic fan. This is pretty bad if even I am losing hope. 

I really hope I am so wrong. I could be so wrong. This has happened before and then something really exciting happens. 

Feel ya. The trilogy had so much fun, so much hype and just them being crazy, young and reckless. Revrad was solid but the foam album just killed Green Day for me along with the boring ass hella mega tour. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The Hella Mega tour was boring for a lot of reasons --

every show was exactly the same, only the greatest hits were played with nothing from their latest album...

covid meant that the bands couldn't hang out and interact together and share that fun with us on social media...

they couldn't go out in the cities they visited and interact with fans... 

Billie wasn't even on social media and other than occasional posts from Tre there was nothing like the backstage, livestream and tour content being shared on the RevRad tour (or the trilogy tour -- remember the Jeff Matika show?) except for highly produced and content controlled brief musical montages of mostly live material shown over non-live recorded audio via Oakland Coffee... 

the shows were so expensive and due to covid it was hard to attend more than one show so fans also had less opportunity to travel, interact and make memories... 

due to covid it was hard to bring fans onstage even though they tried just once per show Billie had to keep his distance, and of course...

No KFAD! 😄  

It may have earned them 67 million and I enjoyed seeing it once, but for so many reasons it was a lame ass tour for those following from home compared to their previous tours.

i hope they change their setlist for the european hella mega shows, but i doubt it (i remember my last GD show in 2017 in germany for revrad, they played stuff like Scattered, i was so surprised to hear it live and it was wonderful)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

i hope they change their setlist for the european hella mega shows, but i doubt it (i remember my last GD show in 2017 in germany for revrad, they played stuff like Scattered, i was so surprised to hear it live and it was wonderful)

In Bologna/IT 2013 they played Nice Guys Finish Last, Waiting (at my first gig!) and Going to Pasalacqua. I was over the moon 
And yeah, I went to 2 shows for RedRad and the setlist was the same sadly :(

1 hour ago, ilaria idiot said:

In Bologna/IT 2013 they played Nice Guys Finish Last, Waiting (at my first gig!) and Going to Pasalacqua. I was over the moon 
And yeah, I went to 2 shows for RedRad and the setlist was the same sadly :(

I hope they change it up and play songs they never played live before, like Dirty Rotten Bastards!!! When was the last time they played Bang Bang live?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

When was the last time they played Bang Bang live?

They played it in Seville in November 2019 but I think some promo shows came after that

• Like 1

I think we need to relax Billie and the band have said they want to do this for life and be on of the best bands ever. They are still young and I truly feel are capable and will have huge songs/EPS/Albums coming out during the years and might make rock mainstream. I am very hopeful 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Sure, but there’s also no denying that they (or whoever is doing promotion) are clearly abysmal at the hype game. I mean, here I was (and by the looks of things so were many others), all revved up and raring to go, but the excitement has slowly but surely fizzled out. They don’t have to release anything tomorrow, nor indeed do they owe us anything at all, I entirely agree, but you can choose to create excitement and try to maintain it, or you can slowly let it die out. Their current promotional strategy seems to be doing a lot more of the latter, imho.

9 hours ago, grinsoniko said:

Yeah I see wht you’re saying. but maybe that’s more on us who are desperate for a teaser or some news, but for them it might be the normal pacs of things. All I’m saying is that we for sure know something is coming very soon. So why turn negative when news dont come our way when we think its supposed to come (birthday theory, 1972 coincidential dates). Lets just wait for it. A week ago people were saying the band is breaking up for god sakes!  Don’t get me wrong, I am also super excited and checking every day for clues and news, but we don’t have to turn negative and think “ah they just don’t give a fuck” just because we really don’t know what their plan is. That should be the fun part!

6 hours ago, billy1986 said:

I think we need to relax Billie and the band have said they want to do this for life and be on of the best bands ever. They are still young and I truly feel are capable and will have huge songs/EPS/Albums coming out during the years and might make rock mainstream. I am very hopeful 

If we’re lucky, maybe they’ll make an announcement to the crowd at today’s Super Bowl show and maybe play a new song from 1972. Who knows? Just too bad it won’t be televised!

• Like 2

I was about to post some weird nonsense about adding the digits of 1972 up to reveal an epic secret, sorry Eric!  :)

I think after GD14, it's Tubbies Time again.

Or time for an all new side project.

Or heck, Pinhead Time!

4 hours ago, That Dude said:

I was about to post some weird nonsense about adding the digits of 1972 up to reveal an epic secret, sorry Eric!  :)

I think after GD14, it's Tubbies Time again.

Or time for an all new side project.

Or heck, Pinhead Time!

Either that or a Longshot follow up album

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Either that or a Longshot follow up album

I've got it!

Reverend Strychnine Twitch and Mongo Fink should do an album together.  They have no beef as far as I can tell.   Or maybe Van Gough sitting in for Mike Dirnt while he takes some time off from Green Day.   

Also, in looking up how to spell Rev Twitch, I noticed some nick-names I hadn't seen before.   I knew Jason was Frosco Lee, but Michaelangelo and The Professor for Mike and Tre?   Is that real?   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jengd said:

Same.  I think we sometimes over think things on here, or maybe over worry, I don’t know but we manage to wind ourselves up and then deflate.  I’ve so loved seeing everything from last night.  Can’t wait for whatever is next!

Nooooo…… do we do that?  🙃

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Biddymc said:

When it comes to Greenday.... you plant potatoes, you get potatoes.  

Anxious?  Check

Neurotic?  Check

Over Worry?  Check

Not too dissimilar from our Lord and Master really so there you go. Do you have the time to listen to us whine… 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

After last night’s show I’m now 10x more excited for 1972.  What a week this should turn out to be 🎂🙏 🎶 

Do you think we’re getting another hint on his birthday or, even better, a surprise single? If it’s a single, maybe they’ll announce it tomorrow!