1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

No new music coming anytime soon, unfortunately. Their plans changed.

Says who? Are you just saying these things to save yourself from disappointment in case things don't happen?

1 hour ago, Minority103 said:

They look great!  

FLSdAk_XMAIlVq_?format=jpg&name=large

Weird how it’s only the 3 of them here. Where’s Jason White, Jason Freese, and Kevin Preston?

All this drawn out hype and next week they’ll announce an EP and that’ll be that.  Still excited for new music anyway but I’m not expecting more than that 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

All this drawn out hype and next week they’ll announce an EP and that’ll be that.  Still excited for new music anyway but I’m not expecting more than that 

I mean, the way the band themselves are hyping it up feels like it’s more than just an EP

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

The teasers are sporadic and too far and few in between. It’s not fun anymore. It’s feeling drawn out and sad for some people who really love this band.

I’m almost starting to care less and less about the 1972 project and even the band in general. Feels like they’re becoming a legacy band playing greatest hits tours when they are still young and could be doing amazing exciting things.

Feels like they’re playing it safe. They’re boring dads. I was in denial but now I’ll admit it. They’re boring and finally feeling comfortable. I thought maybe it was a phase but maybe not. 

I guess time will tell but it looks like it’s telling they don’t give a shit about new music or doing anything exciting anymore.

I’m starting to feel like 1972 is not a big deal. There was more hype about the stolen car. The stolen car even brought back the elusive Billie Joe Armstrong tweet. 

Buy coffee and find a stolen car. Spend money and do our bidding. I know nobody has to but it seems that is all that’s wanted from fans these days. No fun anymore. 

Oh no this is so depressing 😭 Experience with this band tells me that just when I’m at my lowest they spring something new on me and I fall in love all over again. If you’re at that point then something great is just around the corner. No way Billie isn’t celebrating the fuck out of turning 50 🥳

• Like 4

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Oh no this is so depressing 😭 Experience with this band tells me that just when I’m at my lowest they spring something new on me and I fall in love all over again. If you’re at that point then something great is just around the corner. No way Billie isn’t celebrating the fuck out of turning 50 🥳

Thank you. It’s great to have a community that understands.

You know what this feels like! Thank you 😊 

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I was so exciting for this project. But now it's just boring and I don't give a shit.
Everytime I had a notification from a BJ post on Instagram I was so quick to view it. And now I just know it doesn't have anything to do with 1972.

Their ways of promoting #1972 is shit as fuck.

I feel like a lot of us are on same page. The highs and lows of being a Green Day fan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Thank you. It’s great to have a community that understands.

You know what this feels like! Thank you 😊 

Don’t worry, once they make the announcement, the hype and excitement in here will be through the roof once again!!!!

• Like 3

Here’s why I’m optimistic it’s more than an EP, Billie and tre recorded 6 songs in London without mike, BUT in the last teaser, they were clearly arranging and recording a new song with mike, and I don’t believe this was before london because billies hair matches what he’s done after that trip - it was fully jet black before and in London. Putting the pieces together a bit here, but this is what makes sense to me right now

• Like 2

I do wonder how much control the guys actually have when it comes to the teasers and everything.

I’m no expert when it comes to this stuff, but my assumption is that Crush is the one that decides how to promote everything right? If that’s the case, I can’t really be frustrated with the guys because it’s probably out of their control.

Regardless, I’m also getting a little impatient…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

I do wonder how much control the guys actually have when it comes to the teasers and everything.

I’m no expert when it comes to this stuff, but my assumption is that Crush is the one that decides how to promote everything right? If that’s the case, I can’t really be frustrated with the guys because it’s probably out of their control.

GD could override if they really wanted to, but for a bigger release they likely defer dates and stuff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zebahar said:

1 hour ago, Jankowski576 said:

GD could override if they really wanted to, but for a bigger release they likely defer dates and stuff

I mean, would the record company itself have planned the clever teaser dates, 19, 7, and 22 if it were entirely up to them?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I mean, would the record company itself have planned the clever teaser dates, 19, 7, and 22 if it were entirely up to them?

I still think those are a coincidence. we already know the title, so why try and sprinkle in the teasers on days that coincide with that? 
The whole promotion process for past albums never included clever or subtle clues to the album. Also, I’m not sure who they would even be trying to be clever for. Green Day is not nearly as popular as they once were, we all know that, so these subtle clues would really only be picked up by a select few anyway. I don’t really see the purpose of that.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Much more likely someone with a marketing degree did it than Green Day, but you never know!

• Like 2