1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Been quite a while without a teaser. Wonder what's going on. Change of plans maybe?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Been quite a while without a teaser. Wonder what's going on. Change of plans maybe?

It hasn't been that long comparing to the other tease dates. If we dont get anything within the next week or two then maybe it'll be weird. So far it seems like every week or so before a new tease a lot of people here become uncomfortable and thing they either scrapped 1972 or delayed it

• Like 3

I know what's happening...

They are getting prolific again, and the songs keep coming.  200, 300, 1000!  

However, the guys are cautious punk rockers.  Jumbo Shrimp, if you will.  They are making new music, and then whittling down to the best possible 14 tracks as each new track is born.

Jesus of Suburbia Ii - The Buddha of Crack, better leave that one aside. 

I Waz A Teenage Teenager Part Dos.....the new single, fo sho.

• Confused 1

My name is Booze and I'm freaking out...

Gimme some hints!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I could realistically see a hint coming tomorrow. I don't think the hints/teasers will be affected by the concert on Saturday, so Friday feels like a good time to get something new

• Like 2

A new song. Out of nowhere. During the superbowl show this saturday.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

A new song. Out of nowhere. During the superbowl show this saturday.

That wouldn’t make sense to debut a new song at an event that’s not televised. Because they would run the risk of fans taking cell phone video and leaking the new song to the rest of us!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

Didn't that happen a lot with the Trilogy buildup though? 

I don't think they really care either honestly 😄

Oh yeah…duh!!! 😆😆 How could I forget haha!!!

• Like 2

Sounds crazy, but I would almost be surprised if they DONT play a new song considering the timing. That being said they always could save it for the next batch of shows post release

Just now, Jankowski576 said:

Sounds crazy, but I would almost be surprised if they DONT play a new song considering the timing. That being said they always could save it for the next batch of shows post release

The song in the last teaser was mixed to some degree, meaning that is done and ready to go whenever they say the word

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

The song in the last teaser was mixed to some degree, meaning that is done and ready to go whenever they say the word

And the guitars sound a lot crunchier and punchier than that “clean” sound they have been sticking with for the past 10 or so years!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, That Dude said:

I know what's happening...

They are getting prolific again, and the songs keep coming.  200, 300, 1000!  

However, the guys are cautious punk rockers.  Jumbo Shrimp, if you will.  They are making new music, and then whittling down to the best possible 14 tracks as each new track is born.

Jesus of Suburbia Ii - The Buddha of Crack, better leave that one aside. 

I Waz A Teenage Teenager Part Dos.....the new single, fo sho.

Weirdo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

And the guitars sound a lot crunchier and punchier than that “clean” sound they have been sticking with for the past 10 or so years!!!

Looks like the same amps as rev rad, but I did like that guitar sound. Although FOA the song also used these

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

Looks like the same amps as rev rad, but I did like that guitar sound. Although FOA the song also used these

If you remember that one studio video that Billie posted on Instagram before he deleted everything, they apparently rocked so hard that they blew up an amp! 😆 Wonder what song they were recording

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

If you remember that one studio video that Billie posted on Instagram before he deleted everything, they apparently rocked so hard that they blew up an amp! 😆 Wonder what song they were recording

I’m good with most of those FOA guitar sounds being blown up forever

• Like 1