1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

55 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

That would be awesome!!! It could be like, “Preorder 1972 and receive a free bag of Oakland Coffee Father of All Dark Roasts” and inside the album, there is a coupon with a promo code for a 50% discount on all selections of Oakland Coffee!

Have you ever considered a career in marketing?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Q-Man said:

Could be my ears playing tricks on me but I think I hear Mike say " coffe coffe coffee New Album Soon" at the end. 

It's "coffee, coffee, coffee subscriber's" he says (that's what I hear) 

• Like 1

So I took @Little Boy Named Booze's YouTube upload of the video and played it at 0.25 speed, which is as slow as you can make it (and really fucking creepy LOL), because I could not understand what Mike was saying at normal speed. Slowed down, I am hearing at least the word "album," though unsure about the "new" part.

3 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

So I took @Little Boy Named Booze's YouTube upload of the video and played it at 0.25 speed, which is as slow as you can make it (and really fucking creepy LOL), because I could not understand what Mike was saying at normal speed. Slowed down, I am hearing at least the word "album," though unsure about the "new" part.

I thought he kind of coughed and said "subscribers"? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I thought he kind of coughed and said "subscribers"? 

Yes, I think there is a cough and then whatever he says next sounds like only two syllables and sounds like "album." Really not hearing subscribers. Feeling like the cough is kind of cheeky move to conceal "album" LOL.

1 minute ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

Yes, I think there is a cough and then whatever he says next sounds like only two syllables and sounds like "album." Really not hearing subscribers. Feeling like the cough is kind of cheeky move to conceal "album" LOL.

Could be

13 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

And Tré also says new vinyl. What else could he be referring to besides 1972? Maybe they’re selling Kevin’s album too?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

That would be awesome!!! It could be like, “Preorder 1972 and receive a free bag of Oakland Coffee Father of All Dark Roasts” and inside the album, there is a coupon with a promo code for a 50% discount on all selections of Oakland Coffee!

would be a win-win for me, i drink coffee every day and i always wanted to try their oakland coffee :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I would totally buy it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

Good news - his car was found which means the master 1972 tapes are back with the band

Let the teasing resume we are back on track and all’s right with the world 😜

• Like 4

That video drives me crazy and makes me nervous... all this teasing will be worth it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

And Tré also says new vinyl. What else could he be referring to besides 1972?

more oakland coffee EPs?

10 minutes ago, dallasthemenace said:

more oakland coffee EPs?

They’ll probably do limited edition 7” vinyls of the new songs like they did with BBC Sessions

• Like 3

I still think that bundle a exclusive LP with Oakland Coffee is only good for their pockets. Cuz it's too much expensive for almost anyone outside the USA to subscribe in their coffee club.

I would love to have some Oaokland Coffe to drink here, but the price it will cost with shipping, I'd better get an exclusive gig in my garage...

The band should consider it when ataching some cool 7" to their coffee club

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Laly said:

That video drives me crazy and makes me nervous... all this teasing will be worth it!

It seems like their hearts are actually into the music this time!!! This tells me it’s gonna be epic!!! FOAM was good but it was clear their main focus was Hella Mega!

• Like 1

At this point I have a feeling we won't be getting any teasers this week. Now they're probably just focused on getting ready for the show this Saturday.  So who knows, maybe next week. Maybe it will be their Valentines Day gift to us :wub: 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Cali_gd89 said:

At this point I have a feeling we won't be getting any teasers this week. Now they're probably just focused on getting ready for the show this Saturday.  So who knows, maybe next week. Maybe it will be their Valentines Day gift to us :wub: 

Even if the music isn’t imminent we’ve still got Billie’s birthday next week and that’s sure to be a fun day. No way that’s not happening 😄

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Even if the music isn’t imminent we’ve still got Billie’s birthday next week and that’s sure to be a fun day. No way that’s not happening 😄

Very true! Basically in exactly one week from now 😁

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If his birthday is the day we get the announcement, I wonder what the actual release date would be

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cali_gd89 said:

Hmmm…announcement on Valentine’s Day, single on Billie’s birthday? Then when do they release the album, Mike’s birthday? Then what’s left for Tré’s birthday, another single?

• Like 1