1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

4 minutes ago, DJ Rosstar said:

That’s why they needed Cavallo back! Glad that it happened.

CLA too!!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Personally I'd prefer to hear the real Billie rather than an AI

LOL he meant American Idiot 😆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlienVisitor said:

Billie - I hate long songs.

*Proceeds to make Jesus of Suburbia part 2 *

Maybe Billie thinks of it as five separate songs, 😄.   

54 minutes ago, DJ Rosstar said:

That’s why they needed Cavallo back! Glad that it happened.

And do we know for sure Butch Walker was with them in London to record those first 6 songs? I feel like we got confused by the fact that Walker said he was producing the next Green Day record in 2020, which I believe was the Network record

• Like 1

Soooooo...is the obviously photoshopped in Dos XX bottle in Billie's new story a nod to an Oct. 20th, pre-WWWY, secret show?!

• Like 2
  • Surprised 2

11 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Soooooo...is the obviously photoshopped in Dos XX bottle in Billie's new story a nod to an Oct. 20th, pre-WWWY, secret show?!

Because XX = 20 you mean? 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

And do we know for sure Butch Walker was with them in London to record those first 6 songs? I feel like we got confused by the fact that Walker said he was producing the next Green Day record in 2020, which I believe was the Network record

He definitely was NOT in London with the band, he’s not been involved in this record.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, jakdokinori said:

Where they play DOS in full :eyebrows:

Featuring Lady Cobra on Nightlife!!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

I just saw the photo, I think he put the Dos bottle in there because of the way Lenny was sitting with his elbow out, it looks like the guy from their commercials 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I don’t think that’s entirely true, like always there are some gems there, but you have to dig a little deeper to find them. “Rock and roll fantasy, I think the next one could be me”, “All hell is breaking loose and heaven only knows” are my favorites

Is it not “Rock N Roll tragedy?” Love that line as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rev said:

Is it not “Rock N Roll tragedy?” Love that line as well. 

Oh damn my brain just broke when I typed that. Thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

For those who signed up for tomorrow, has anyone heard anything yet? 😅

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Anybody here going to that top secret event tomorrow night?

I have multiple friends who submitted to be in the music video, but nobody has heard back yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As someone mentioned, the form you have to fill out after hitting SNOOZE on the website from October 1st no longer asks for your address, just your email and your country/region. Any thoughts as to why that might have changed? Someone floated the idea of the first X amount of people to sign up may get sent some merch or something later on down the line.

• Like 2
  • Surprised 2

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I agree with @Sheenius that the problem with the songs were that he gave up on good ideas halfway through. Half the songs feel like they’re missing something, a bridge, another verse, a change up in the chorus whatever. The album just leaves me feeling unsatisfied in both the songs and the overall short runtime. It’s like an elevator pitch of a great album.

Great way to put it. It’s like foam had ADD or something. For example that intro in Take The Money and Crawl should have been the intro to the album as a whole.

Then there’s the whole production of the album. A song like Graffitia would have been great at a faster tempo. 

Guys I’m going to produce the next Green Day album. I can’t promise much but I can promise to beat Foam.

3 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Personally I'd prefer to hear the real Billie rather than an AI

I bet if AI produced foam it would be a better record

• Like 2