1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

18 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

I love how much of a production a music video is for them. 5 PM to 3 AM!?

When I saw Gaslight Anthem a few weeks they just told us during the show they'd be filming a music video and they played a song twice and filmed it on a handheld camera. It took all of 15 minutes, haha.

What song by Gaslight Anthem?  I'd like to see that when it drops.  

Green Day might have multiple videos done by now with all the time ticking away.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, greenday.stuff said:

Ikr! If they were to do one cool interview, it needs to be this. I want to watch them suffer while Sean brings out random lore that only we know about. Like at least Billie needs to go on. I swear I'm gonna send crush an angry email if they don't get them on hot ones. That's how serious I am about this.

Also as much as I don't like James Corden, I really wish that they would have done carpool karaoke while his show was still on. 

I hope one of the first questions they get is, “You started teasing a project called 1972 back in 2021. So, what happened?”

• Like 3

For the last couple albums didn't they release lyric videos on the day the singles came out and then music videos not too long after? That could be the case this time too

2 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

For the last couple albums didn't they release lyric videos on the day the singles came out and then music videos not too long after? That could be the case this time too

Even as far back as the Trilogy, that 3D Oh Love lyric video

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, That Dude said:

What song by Gaslight Anthem?  I'd like to see that when it drops.  

Green Day might have multiple videos done by now with all the time ticking away.  

It was this one. Add it to the list of great things I've seen at the House of Blues in Cleveland. 😊 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sheenius said:

If you run into the band they will take time to chat with you and take a picture and possibly sign something.

Not around AI, 21CB and the Trilogy (in my opinion at least). By the time RevRad came out it became much, much easier to run into them and all the small Longshot and Cover Ups shows have made it even more easy. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Not around AI, 21CB and the Trilogy (in my opinion at least). By the time RevRad came out it became much, much easier to run into them and all the small Longshot and Cover Ups shows have made it even more easy. 

I can't believe I've yet to have any run-ins with them outside of Tre riding his bike around Pittsburgh and me saying hi to him as he rode by.

Billie didn't hang around in Philly for The Longshot show I went to which was a bummer. Felt like that was my best chance to meet him.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I wonder about the song lengths.  Father of All is amazing, but it just zips by so fast.  We'd definitely all be bummed if this album was that short.   FOAM too short, Trilogy too long.   

• Like 4

On 5/9/2023 at 8:48 PM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

100% sure about Saviors being a song title + the album name. And heard rumors about American Dream being another song.

On 5/9/2023 at 8:54 PM, BratReject23 said:

Savior? American dream? Stop this sh**t? Come on my fake track list was better that those names 🤪

On 5/9/2023 at 8:54 PM, PluckyJokerhead said:

Could very easily just be somebody regurgitating stuff they've seen here

Some posts from May 9th.
How the turntable have turned on turning the turn!

@phildunphy wasn't a fraud after all

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Insomniac90 said:

Hope its about 45-60 minutes with 14-15 songs 🙏

39 minutes ago, ekim said:

Definitely! I would like the opposite of foam, 50 minutes of pure green day rockers, ballads, acoustic songs, nimrod meets 21st century breakdown would be my ideal gd album.

51 minutes ago, pcj said:

I wanna be greedy. Like 21st C, 18 tracks 1 hour 18 minutes please. That will do nicely thank you. No pressure GD.

Hopefully some multipart songs too!!!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Some posts from May 9th.

How the turntable have turned on turning the turn!

@phildunphy wasn't a fraud after all

Everything they said was still just rumours we'd already heard here

• Like 3

The Broken World riff in the teaser sound like something that could be used for opening the album. 
Like Song of the century but heavier.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

AI was massive though so there were definitely more security risks at that time but they did sign for people at that time. They did a dedicated signing event at HMV in Toronto when AI came out. Something they no longer do.

10 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Even as far back as the Trilogy, that 3D Oh Love lyric video

I remember this is the first lyric video I ever saw.

I honestly I find more value in shorter albums. I find most lengthy albums are cluttered with filler (not the case with 21cb) so I don't mind a 10 track album. Just as long as it's not as short as FOAM.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sheenius said:

AI was massive though so there were definitely more security risks at that time but they did sign for people at that time. They did a dedicated signing event at HMV in Toronto when AI came out. Something they no longer do.

They did a signing for RevRad in 2016 in LA

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They did a signing for RevRad in 2016 in LA

Was it an exclusive event or was it public?