1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’ve been begging for them to go on Hot Ones for years now. It’s my one promo dream

Ikr! If they were to do one cool interview, it needs to be this. I want to watch them suffer while Sean brings out random lore that only we know about. Like at least Billie needs to go on. I swear I'm gonna send crush an angry email if they don't get them on hot ones. That's how serious I am about this.

Also as much as I don't like James Corden, I really wish that they would have done carpool karaoke while his show was still on. 

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I do have to say it is super cool of them to reach out to fans for this when it’s the easiest thing to hire extras in LA. They clearly wanted fans as extras

I feel like this is something that they probably would have done regardless, but I'm also wondering if the actor's strike has anything to do with it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, greenday.stuff said:

Ikr! If they were to do one cool interview, it needs to be this. I want to watch them suffer while Sean brings out random lore that only we know about. Like at least Billie needs to go on. I swear I'm gonna send crush an angry email if they don't get them on hot ones. That's how serious I am about this.

Also as much as I don't like James Corden, I really wish that they would have done carpool karaoke while his show was still on. 

Sean asks the best questions and the celeb reactions to the wings are 🔥 I want them on so badly and this season was their best shot because with the actors strike they’re featuring mostly musicians. And they’re promoting right now! Ugh, it’s too perfect (and Dave Grohl’s episode is hilarious)

• Like 1

Green Day in Hot Ones would be the ultimate combination! Especially considering what could potentially happen with Tre and a bunch of wings.. 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good point about the actors strike impacting the shoot, though an alternative would have been just a performance video on a soundstage and stock footage like with FOAM. I thought I heard something about music videos being non-union and allowed but maybe not. Anyway, most extras are not SAG members

• Like 1

Please excuse my ignorance being across the pond here in UK. This Hot Ones sounds really cool. So something to look forward to?

Anyways, considering what's gone on in the last few weeks,  creating the Dookie 30th, the are green day awake tease, this video clip, now this video shoot. Surely this has taken some planning and time? Not to mention the new album.

So all those past months, through spring and summer, when we thought nothing was happening, and the band where keeping quiet, and they didn't give a toss about us. I bet they were planning and beavering away, laughing their socks off at us. And they were saying they'll won't know what's gonna hit them. That's GD for yer.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, pcj said:

Please excuse my ignorance being across the pond here in UK. This Hot Ones sounds really cool. So something to look forward to?

Anyways, considering what's gone on in the last few weeks,  creating the Dookie 30th, the are green day awake tease, this video clip, now this video shoot. Surely this has taken some planning and time? Not to mention the new album.

So all those past months, through spring and summer, when we thought nothing was happening, and the band where keeping quiet, and they didn't give a toss about us. I bet they were planning and beavering away, laughing their socks off at us. And they were saying they'll won't know what's gonna hit them. That's GD for yer.

+ booking venues for 2k24. At least I hope so. :)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mato said:

Green Day in Hot Ones would be the ultimate combination! Especially considering what could potentially happen with Tre and a bunch of wings.. 😅

Someone is gonna get hot sauce in the eye and I have a feeling it wont be a member of Green Day

12 minutes ago, pcj said:

If you’ve never seen Hot Ones, watch this and imagine how awesome it would be with Green Day. They could have all of them on too, this season they had all of NSYNC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Someone is gonna get hot sauce in the eye and I have a feeling it wont be a member of Green Day

You mean someone's gonna become a One Eyed Bastard? winkwink

• Haha 4

Definitively a music video. But I hope there is already one ready for the first single. I can't believe it's gonna be their first music video of Album 14.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this yet, but they're no longer asking for your name and address when you go to fill out the wake up call. I wonder if the people who got to put in their addresses will get something in the mail.

• Surprised 1

I would imagine they’ll collect phones at the door. I hope nobody abuses the privilege of being part of the music video by leaking the audio/song weeks ahead of its release 

• Like 1

Just now, nflsbest26 said:

I would imagine they’ll collect phones at the door. I hope nobody abuses the privilege of being part of the music video by leaking the audio/song weeks ahead of its release 

Like I said, depending on what type of shot it is it’s possible they won’t even hear it.  Film shoots are nothing like watching the final product and they’ll probably all have to sign NDAs anyway

• Like 1

I am not caught up on this thread, but do you guys think the title is The American Dream (Is Killing Me)?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, That Dude said:

So do we think we're getting a music video the same day or just the song?  

Definitely a video the same day that seems to be the standard for many years now. Gotta have something to post to YouTube on release day

• Like 2

Could go either way tbh. Sometimes bands drop the video a week or two later for a second pop. Also depends on editing turn around time for the video.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Definitely a video the same day that seems to be the standard for many years now. Gotta have something to post to YouTube on release day

Agreed. Whatever they're about to film has gotta be for a different song. I'm sure that they have had stuff secretly prepared for the single for a while.

• Like 1

A music video can be done in two to three weeks easy. I think the FOAM video was shot, scrapped and a new one completed and released in that time

• Like 2

If the single we're getting isn't 1981, I wonder wherher they played it early to gauge our reaction to it and see if it was lead single material. Maybe that's why they'd need to fairly quickly get a video done for a different song

• Like 1