1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Brand new song, but it ain't that new. ;) I often wonder if they would have unloaded a ton of Trilogy songs on the iheart crowd if they continued playing. 

I don't think the other guys at the time could quite get that Billie was saying "Let's play Fuck Time" :lol:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

Could be my ears playing tricks on me but I think I hear Mike say " coffe coffe coffee New Album Soon" at the end. 

I can’t hear it tbh, although I am wondering what he’s saying after the “coffee coffee coffee” bit. Not sure whether he is actually saying something, or whether it’s just gibberish (that’s definitely what it sounds like to my ears atm).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

Oakland Coffee playlists incoming

Where? I checked Spotify. It doesn’t look updated :( 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

That does as good a job as any to explain it 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That does as good a job as any to explain it 😂

Well it tries 😂 

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That's it. They're difficult to explain, but they are digital files that are sold in place of the actual object and the purchaser owns it.  Personally, it feels like a scam to me, it also takes an enormous amount of electricity to maintain individual NFTs on servers. 

But since I am bored I will write a long post in defense of NFTs starting from your explanation and expanding on the video… cause it’s a bit more than that. If someone is bored as me:

Spoiler

What you mention can be an application of NFTs, but NFTs are not only certificates of ownership, but also digital certificates of authenticity. They certify that you are the owner of something unique, and that something can be anything digital: a stupid gif, a masterpiece from a digital artist, or the digital scan of a physical object. 
I think taking the application of NFTs over digital art, is the easiest way to understand it fully. Beeple is a famous digital artist, he makes digital paintings that are sold for millions are considered by some contemporary art masterpieces (don’t have the knowledge to argue on that). But since he creates his art digitally, how can he sell it, and how can someone buy it?
If you are a billionaire and want to buy a Leonardo painting, you go to an art auction selling the painting, win the auction, pay for it, receive the physical painting, with a certificates of authenticity. 
If you want to buy a Beeple painting you do exactly the same thing, but digitally, with a digital auction, a digital art, and a digital certificate of authenticity. But if a Beeple painting is digital, there’s infinite copies of it available online. How can the certificate of authenticity prove that yours is the original? 
If you own a Leonardo, the certificate of authenticity is based on the history of the painting, on the certification of who owned it before you, throughout history, which based on the assessment of someone that has the recognized authority to do so states that that is a original Leonardo. There are millions of copies and prints of that same painting you own available in the physical world, but that certificate proves that you own the original.
If you own a Beeple, an NFT does exactly the same thing of a certificate of authenticity, but the history of the art is certified though blockchain, a digital register that takes not of every transaction that changed the art ownership. 
But why would you buy something, own it, when it’s only something digital, that you can’t see and touch in the physical world, that when printed has the same value of a copy that anyone can download from the web? Ask it to all the millionaires and billionaires that own crazy expensive physical paintings only to keep them stored in a safe, somewhere in a remote Swiss airport, exposing copies in their villas :) The most expensive painting ever sold is indeed the Salvador Mundi from Leonardo, sold for 450 million dollars in an auction, stored for years is a safe, an no one knows its current location. Funny story no one knows if it is actually a Leonardo, because its authenticity is debated :P Contrary to the Beeple NFT sold for 69 millions,  which is 100% a Beeple :P 

Also, it’s not the NFT that pollutes, are the cryptocurrency based transactions used to buy and sell them that pollutes. That’s another story, but there are solution being put in place by some cryptos to (partially) solve the issue. 

But anyway, also these cunts pollute, quite a shit load, as Wall Street does: 

You may say, ok, ok, this is art. But what about all the stupid collectible gifs and cards, and all the stupid transaction for those. 

Yeah, what about this cunt:

How much Pokémon polluted since these cunts were invented? How much Logan Paul did?

So yeah, you can hate NFTs and think they are a scam.

But, the short story is that capitalism is the scam, not NFTs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Meltdown or no meltdown, they were still on a strict time limit. Drunk or not drunk, I think Billie still would’ve been furious

I hope Billie Joe gets back to wanting play new songs, particularly as we get new Green Day material. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I hope Billie Joe gets back to wanting play new songs, particularly as we get new Green Day material. 

They have been playing Pollyanna at Hella Mega

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Just a random observation but I just noticed there's a unicorn on the table :lol:

d6530d3109c5ddc740b0043a3c97bd228a6c6dcb

Why is Tre Cool blushing into the apocalypse?   

• Haha 4

Just now, That Dude said:

Why is Tre Cool Blushing into the apocalypse?   

I noticed that too! He almost looks like a naughty schoolboy who's about to get told off by the teacher :lol:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

They have been playing Pollyanna at Hella Mega

Oh yeah, you're right.   I guess that covers it.  :) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Why is Tre Cool blushing into the apocalypse?   

It’s either a case of rosacea or a sunburn

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s either a case of rosacea or a sunburn

Yeah I think he just has a fair amount of redness in his skin. I've noticed that before. Although him and Sara had a beach day recently so maybe he got burned lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Cali_gd89 said:

Yeah I think he just has a fair amount of redness in his skin. 

I noticed that Billie at this time also had reddened skin around his chest.

9 minutes ago, mao said:

How about Mike?

1 hour ago, mao said:

I hadn't noticed but it does look like a rash/hives 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I hadn't noticed but it does look like a rash/hives 

That makes sense because I can only imagine the anxiety he’s probably feeling about his stolen car right now!!! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, billy1986 said:

Are we positive their show won’t be aired Saturday?

Doesn’t look like it but I’m sure fans will upload video

19 minutes ago, billy1986 said:

Are we positive their show won’t be aired Saturday?

It’s not. NBC has the super bowl this year and they are also broadcasting the Olympics (all day Saturday). There is nothing on the tv listings for this festival. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I noticed that too! He almost looks like a naughty schoolboy who's about to get told off by the teacher :lol:

He can't have his pudding if he doesn't eat his meat. 

• Haha 4

With that latest Oakland Coffee video, I’m getting the feeling they’re going to somehow tie the new music with the coffee company. This 1972 release is going to be bigger than just an EP which might come out first, but maybe like some were suggesting, another trilogy or singles with B-Sides throughout the year? exciting anyhow!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, grinsoniko said:

With that latest Oakland Coffee video, I’m getting the feeling they’re going to somehow tie the new music with the coffee company. This 1972 release is going to be bigger than just an EP which might come out first, but maybe like some were suggesting, another trilogy or singles with B-Sides throughout the year? exciting anyhow!

That would be awesome!!! It could be like, “Preorder 1972 and receive a free bag of Oakland Coffee Father of All Dark Roasts” and inside the album, there is a coupon with a promo code for a 50% discount on all selections of Oakland Coffee!

• Like 4