1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

26 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

does anyone else hear the interrupters "broken world" riff in the new teaser video we got? its almost the same? 😅

and talking about long clunky album titles, go check out one of bring me the horizons latest releases 🤣

Reveal hidden contents

Music to Listen to~Dance to~Blaze to~Pray to~Feed to~Sleep to~Talk to~Grind to~Trip to~Breathe to~Help to~Hurt to~Scroll to~Roll to~Love to~Hate to~Learn Too~Plot to~Play to~Be to~Feel to~Breed to~Sweat to~Dream to~Hide to~Live to~Die to~Go To

.. yes thats really the full album title

I know it’s impossible to keep up with this thread but yeah I pointed that out way back. It’s literally the same riff slowed down.  At least he wrote it and is just borrowing from himself. Maybe he felt it was too good to give away (though I love the song Broken World)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I have the strangest feeling the new album is gonna suck. I really can’t shake it. Maybe it’s because of the years of shitty teasers mixed with 1981 being an incredibly lower mid song.

I hope I’m wrong but I feel like I’m not.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Remember paragraph album titles?   Well this entire post is the name of Green Day's 14th studio album, once called 1972 but now called The F!@#$ American F!@#$ Dream Is Killing Me just like Homeland Security Tried To Do on our song, Breakdown.  If you like American Idiot, You haven't listened to us ever since because we were right, the Network told you so and dreams do come true.  Good guys don't wear white.  Orange.  Clockwork. Stream of consciencepiss.  

47 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

does anyone else hear the interrupters "broken world" riff in the new teaser video we got? its almost the same? 😅

Reveal hidden contents

Music to Listen to~Dance to~Blaze to~Pray to~Feed to~Sleep to~Talk to~Grind to~Trip to~Breathe to~Help to~Hurt to~Scroll to~Roll to~Love to~Hate to~Learn Too~Plot to~Play to~Be to~Feel to~Breed to~Sweat to~Dream to~Hide to~Live to~Die to~Go To

.. yes thats really the full album title

LOL They changed One Eyed Bastard because it sounded too much like So What and now the album version sounds like Broken World. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jengd said:

What makes you say that it will be crappy quality?

3 hours ago, Alf said:

because it would be recorded like 1981 was, with cellphones through livestreams with low bitrates

Yea, I see what you mean, and take your point. And it didn't help with tech issues. Despite all the advancements, technology ain't perfect.

But, on the other hand I'm gonna have to totally disagree with you matey.

I can imagine, no I know what @Little Boy Named Booze was feeling at Quebec when they played 1981 for the first time and he was there  to witness it. I was made up for him, but I was totally envious.

That poor recording as you said, the one that missed Billie Joe's intro, taken from within the crowd. When the guys in front raised their hands to clap, as Billie Joe instructed. Fuck me, I had goose bumps on my goose bumps. 

To be there in person to see GD play a brand new song, there's no comparison. But if not there, to settle for second best on a crappy recording I'd settle for that. 

So yes please GD, please play the new single at WWWY

14 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

LOL They changed One Eyed Bastard because it sounded too much like So What and now the album version sounds like Broken World. 🤣

So it's really OEB? Did they rename it for the album?

Someone here mentioned the name of the audio file that was used in the video. And the title said "up 3". So maybe the song we hear was pitched three semitones up and what we hear is not how it will sound on the album.

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s really a global thing

Yes and no. Yes there are global economic factors that are affecting global markets and all countries. 

and No because poor management of these situations have made it worse in specific regions. Average cost of a house here is $1 million at a 5-6% interest rate. That likely gets you a fully attached townhouse if youre lucky. Did I mention it’s still 2 hours from where the jobs are?

Inflation hit an all time high again and taxes increased above the rate of inflation. Taxes that other countries do not have. And you think ok so we have all this money right? Let’s use it and fix the schools, improve ei support and improve health care.

Nope less help and services around employment insurance, schools are performing at an all time low and health care is in a human resource crisis. Trudeau is a great marketing person, he sells a version of Canada to the rest of the world that is not entirely true. 

I’ve considered a move to Florida recently, I work for a US company and they would support me. My salary in USD means a $20k raise instantly. I can buy a house or even two in Orlando with cash, no mortgage necessary. Cost of living is much less, no snow etc. I havent looked up the taxes around property ownership but where I am in Canada they will literally tax everything down to the garbage. You want to downsize and save money? Land transfer tax! 

• Confused 1
  • Surprised 1

18 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

So it's really OEB? Did they rename it for the album?

I have no idea. I was chatting with someone yesterday and they said it sounded like it could be OEB reworked. Would be interesting if it was, I just hope the song still packs as much punch as the leaked version did.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, 420thedoctor69 said:

I have the strangest feeling the new album is gonna suck. I really can’t shake it. Maybe it’s because of the years of shitty teasers mixed with 1981 being an incredibly lower mid song.

I hope I’m wrong but I feel like I’m not.

Hay, try to hang in there. Stay positive, the glass is half full not half empty.

Listen to all the teases again. We know #6 tease is 1981. It'll give you an idea of what the studio version will sound like.

I've got the strangest feeling this new album is gonna be fuckin' awesome. I'll go with my feeling.

• Like 2

Would be cool if they still used OEB somehow. Think about Black Eyeliner as a Nimrod demo that was eventually partly used for Church on Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, jengd said:

I don’t see The American Dream Is Killing Me being the title, it’s too long and unwieldy.

In the 22 February teaser I think, Mike spray painted a sort of smilie face and we see the bottom of a blue circle above Billie’s head in yesterday’s one. I can’t see that smilie being cover artwork on it’s own, could be irrelevant but is it a deliberate repeat?  Then again the clip moves so fast I haven’t seen the photo of Mike and Billie yet, too busy watching Billie I guess.

I definitely wouldn't expect to see the smiley face too much. I feel like you can't do that without looking like a nirvana parody

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Someone here mentioned the name of the audio file that was used in the video. And the title said "up 3". So maybe the song we hear was pitched three semitones up and what we hear is not how it will sound on the album.

Usually it’s going to refer to DB on the mixing side, so EQ referred to balance adjustments in the frequency ranges and the up 3 was up 3db

• Thanks 2

Really hope it’s not OEB. Cool song title but I really didn’t care for most of it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Honestly, if it means they'll finally bring back 21CB songs to their live setlists, then I'm all for it...

Yes, but they need to retire know your enemy already. I'm so sick of that song. There are so many better songs that they could be using to replace it on the setlist. I don't know why they're so attached to that song.

Also, I'm really hoping that the setlists for this tour will have less of a greatest hits vibe. I understand why they did that for hella mega, but it feels like they've been lacking something recently in their live shows. Only got interesting when they started pulling out deep cuts at these past few festivals. It was CRIMINAL that they didn't play king for a day during the first leg of hella mega. I'm still salty about that. We lucked out that they didn't play anything off of father of all, but they still could have mixed it up a little bit. I'm especially jealous because I first became a fan like 6 months after the revolution radio tour ended, and those setlists were soooooo good. R.I.P. I'll probably never hear forever now live.

• Like 2

If they require you to fill out a Google Doc, this is most likely a music video shoot.

• Like 4
  • Surprised 4

Just now, DJ Rosstar said:

If they require you to fill out a Google Doc, this is most likely a music video shoot.

Yeah I was thinking the same. Maybe a mini show and taking these footage for a music video. But I‘m sure you‘ll get to hear the new song

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DJ Rosstar said:

Either that or secret show tickets

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DJ Rosstar said:

If it is a music shoot, whoever goes will get to hear the new single like 50x 😂

On the other hand, a secret show seems more likely, because if they have the date already planned out for October 24th, then the music video was probably already filmed weeks, if not, months ago

• Like 1

I was just in LA last Wednesday! If only I could go to this! To be in one of their music videos omg can you imagine, a dream come true. The link asks for a photo of yourself so yeah, most likely a music video 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DJ Rosstar said:

That's what I was thinking. Plus why would they ask for a picture of your face if it's for a show?

• Like 3