1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I don't think it's too long for an album name. 
TADIKM. Love it!

• Like 2

Personally I feel like Sweet American Dreams is a really cool title and gives me AI vibes but knowing Green Day and the fact that they have no idea what they’re doing anymore I’m sure they’ll find a way to mess it up lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/9/2023 at 4:09 PM, legendary said:

Are you guys living the american dream now?

oops

21 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I agree with Jen too. The American Dream Is Killing Me feels too clunky for an album title. I think it's either American Dream (which was first mentioned here back in May) or Sweet American Dreams (which I like better, but yeah, probably is just for the snooze joke).

I think that they wouldn't register a site under  aname that wasn't related to the album. So The American Dream Is Killing Me should be the name

11 hours ago, That Dude said:

I guess to rephrase is do you THINK you will really love this album, really hate it or something between?  

But a ranking between 1 and 14 will sufice.  Haha

Green day has more than 14 albums though. We need to include The Network and FBHT. Also 1972 and C&V.

• Like 3

Well, I've played this video loads. Even with the very short music clip this could be an amazing single.

Since we know tease #6 is 1981 and is on the new album, and all the other relevant teased music clips will be there as well. This album is gonna be awesome. It's the waiting that's gonna be the killer.

By the way, love the guitar hanging on the wall in the video.

• Like 2

Longer titles are kinda in now! I like it, but I’m guessing it’s just a lyric in the single.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I don't think it's too long for an album name. 
TADIKM. Love it!

I love it too even though its actually the Canadian Dream that’s doing the slaughtering these days 

Just now, Sheenius said:

I love it too even though its actually the Canadian Dream that’s doing the slaughtering these days 

It’s really a global thing

2 hours ago, Alf said:

So the single will be out first in crappy quality just days before the official release.

What makes you say that it will be crappy quality?

Just now, jengd said:

What makes you say that it will be crappy quality?

because it would be recorded like 1981 was, with cellphones through livestreams with low bitrates

25 minutes ago, pcj said:

Well, I've played this video loads. Even with the very short music clip this could be an amazing single.

Since we know tease #6 is 1981 and is on the new album, and all the other relevant teased music clips will be there as well. This album is gonna be awesome. It's the waiting that's gonna be the killer.

By the way, love the guitar hanging on the wall in the video.

Exactly!!! 1972 might have simply been an EP and they just added to it to make a full album!!!

1 hour ago, rev said:

Actual album title will be…

”The American Dream Is Flashing Red To Me” 

or

”Dreaming Of The Red Lights Flashing”

or

”It’s The American Dream…And It’s Dangerous” 

It's "Bottle Rockets and Razor blades of the American Dream" 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sheenius said:

Green day has more than 14 albums though. We need to include The Network and FBHT. Also 1972 and C&V.

If we include everything in ranking, Shenanigans is clearly peak Green Day.  

1 hour ago, Alf said:

because it would be recorded like 1981 was, with cellphones through livestreams with low bitrates

Ah, I see what you mean, they won’t play it at WWWY to avoid it first being heard on phone recordings.  Yes, good move.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, jengd said:

Ah, I see what you mean, they won’t play it at WWWY to avoid it first being heard on phone recordings.  Yes, good move.

Yeah, just it. Haha I was wondering you haven't understood what I meant

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

New era starting October 24th, it's all good so speculation for Album 14 is over. 
Let's start an Album 15 rumors thread please!

I think it's a safe bet that album 15 will be out in 2028

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

does anyone else hear the interrupters "broken world" riff in the new teaser video we got? its almost the same? 😅

and talking about long clunky album titles, go check out one of bring me the horizons latest releases 🤣

Spoiler

Music to Listen to~Dance to~Blaze to~Pray to~Feed to~Sleep to~Talk to~Grind to~Trip to~Breathe to~Help to~Hurt to~Scroll to~Roll to~Love to~Hate to~Learn Too~Plot to~Play to~Be to~Feel to~Breed to~Sweat to~Dream to~Hide to~Live to~Die to~Go To

.. yes thats really the full album title

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

does anyone else hear the interrupters "broken world" riff in the new teaser video we got? its almost the same? 😅

and talking about long clunky album titles, go check out one of bring me the horizons latest releases 🤣

Hide contents

Music to Listen to~Dance to~Blaze to~Pray to~Feed to~Sleep to~Talk to~Grind to~Trip to~Breathe to~Help to~Hurt to~Scroll to~Roll to~Love to~Hate to~Learn Too~Plot to~Play to~Be to~Feel to~Breed to~Sweat to~Dream to~Hide to~Live to~Die to~Go To

Love bring me 

They have a song called "One day the only butterflies left will be in our chest as you march towards your death" they like long titles lol

Edited by TrillieGD

9 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah it's the same. But it's okay. Billie Joe wrote it for them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1