1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I also think that "Sweet (American) Dreams is not the album title and just a message that's related to the topic, since we're ordering a "wake up call" before this message shows up. The album title "The American Dream Is Killing Me" would be really cool and since the website is called like that it's not that unlikely that the album, and not just one song, is titled like that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jengd said:

I don’t see The American Dream Is Killing Me being the title, it’s too long and unwieldy.

In the 22 February teaser I think, Mike spray painted a sort of smilie face and we see the bottom of a blue circle above Billie’s head in yesterday’s one. I can’t see that smilie being cover artwork on it’s own, could be irrelevant but is it a deliberate repeat?  Then again the clip moves so fast I haven’t seen the photo of Mike and Billie yet, too busy watching Billie I guess.

i think you are wrong with "too long and unwiedly" i mean they had an album called: 'Twenty-first century Breakdown' and it has has the same amount of letters

Guys, have they already used “the american dream is killing me” somewhere or am I just having a deja vu?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jengd said:

Yes but it flows better.  

You are being very subjective

50 minutes ago, jengd said:

I don’t see The American Dream Is Killing Me being the title, it’s too long and unwieldy.

In the 22 February teaser I think, Mike spray painted a sort of smilie face and we see the bottom of a blue circle above Billie’s head in yesterday’s one. I can’t see that smilie being cover artwork on it’s own, could be irrelevant but is it a deliberate repeat?  Then again the clip moves so fast I haven’t seen the photo of Mike and Billie yet, too busy watching Billie I gue

How is this a circle?!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Yeah I agree with jengd, that title would be too long and clunky so I hope it's not that. Shorter or one-word album titles tend to be the best imo.

• Like 4

Given the undead on the calendar, how about Undead American or America Undead? Either for the single or album title, would fit the American dream is killing me vibe/narrative. And the saviors/walking dead thing that was going around a while back. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, HAR said:
  • Oh god, she's killing me
  • I do it all the time now and it's killing me
  • I think you're killing me with kindness
  • I've got a fever, a non-believer, and it's killing me

Needless to say a lot of things are killing Billie Joe, I don't think this was ever used. I could have sworn I heard it in the American Idiot play but it's not in the script.

All those killing me lyrics yet he's still alive..smh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, frankoz said:

You are being very subjective

How is this a circle?!

Yes, agreed.

sorry, maybe I didn’t make myself clear.  In the new video you can see what looks the bottom of a circle very briefly.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Finally catching up and I'm surprised that the website actually delivered! The cute video teaser has got me excited for new Green Day again! Wish we didn't have to wait so long for what I presume to be a single. If that's the case I can see the album dropping in February which lines up with what Rob Cavallo said about a new album in 2024. Also, the teaser sounds great! Can't wait for the official start of the new era!

Also, I’m surprised they’re releasing the single after When We Were Young. Do you think they’d play the song there before the single comes out?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Also, I’m surprised they’re releasing the single after When We Were Young. Do you think they’d play the song there before the single comes out?

I doubt they will play it there. So the single will be out first in crappy quality just days before the official release.

If it happens, I will only take a look on the videos after the release

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

So I understand from below part of the 'Sweet American Dreams' page that GD continue with Warner Records? 

• Like 1

How do we find out if there is a GD single slated for a late October release? IIRC there a listings for this purpose available on the web?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Hmmm I dunno because they did debut 1981 outta nowhere, so who knows. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

So I understand from below part of the 'Sweet American Dreams' page that GD continue with Warner Records? 

yes.

• Like 1

When will this thread change?

Also, I have been sharing the link everytime I see a sleeping Billie meme, which is a lot.  I feel like I'm on the street team.   Going to make this song a hit, gosh darn it.

• Like 2

Actual album title will be…

”The American Dream Is Flashing Red To Me” 

or

”Dreaming Of The Red Lights Flashing”

or

”It’s The American Dream…And It’s Dangerous” 

• Haha 2

I agree with Jen too. The American Dream Is Killing Me feels too clunky for an album title. I think it's either American Dream (which was first mentioned here back in May) or Sweet American Dreams (which I like better, but yeah, probably is just for the snooze joke).

• Like 1