1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

i've just waken up and seen the video, i guess i won't be eating tré cool's drumset anymore

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Otis Big said:

What’s this 

The thumbnail that will be shown whenever the site is linked via Twitter and other social media.

• Like 3

Can someone please fill me in with what we actually know so far and what we're waiting for? I've only seen the post on social media with Billie Joe waking and the date on the calendar.

Greenday.fm has an article written up that it is a single that is being released on 10/24.

1 minute ago, jengd said:

Something is happening on 24th October, either a single dropping or an album announcement or both we hope.

It's gotta be both

12 minutes ago, petros said:

Can someone please fill me in with what we actually know so far and what we're waiting for? I've only seen the post on social media with Billie Joe waking and the date on the calendar.

Green Day announce new single releasing Oct 24th (from greenday.fm)

By Jason Holmes / October 1, 2023 / Album 14

The wait is finally almost over, Green Day will be releasing a new single that appears to be titled ‘The American Dream Is Killing Me’ on October 24th. The isgreendayawake.com website updated as expected today with a simple “YES” message that redirects fans to a new website theamericandreamiskillingme.com.

The new site contains a video of Billie Joe in bed waking up to an alarm playing a tease of the lead single. After snoozing the alarm he checks a calendar which shows the month of October with the 24th circled and the single tease audio kicks back in as he buries his head in the covers. A button at the bottom of the video labelled “Snooze” brings fans to a signup list to get a “wake up call”

The new single will drop after the band’s two headlining performances at the When We Were Young Festival on the 21st and 22nd of October so fans in attendance at those shows may get an early listen to the new single if the band decides to preview it there. Green Day previously debuted a song called ‘1981’ at a festival date in October.

It looks like we’ll have to wait a little longer to find out when the actual album will be released, so far we only know that it will come in early 2024 but hopefully, more details will be released on that soon. As always, we’ll keep you posted as more details are made available.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, jengd said:

Something is happening on 24th October, either a single dropping or an album announcement or both we hope.

I see. Thanks a lot ❤️

Blink and green day both doing something in October? That sounds great.

4 minutes ago, pcj said:

Green Day announce new single releasing Oct 24th (from greenday.fm)

By Jason Holmes / October 1, 2023 / Album 14

The wait is finally almost over, Green Day will be releasing a new single that appears to be titled ‘The American Dream Is Killing Me’ on October 24th. The isgreendayawake.com website updated as expected today with a simple “YES” message that redirects fans to a new website theamericandreamiskillingme.com.

The new site contains a video of Billie Joe in bed waking up to an alarm playing a tease of the lead single. After snoozing the alarm he checks a calendar which shows the month of October with the 24th circled and the single tease audio kicks back in as he buries his head in the covers. A button at the bottom of the video labelled “Snooze” brings fans to a signup list to get a “wake up call”

The new single will drop after the band’s two headlining performances at the When We Were Young Festival on the 21st and 22nd of October so fans in attendance at those shows may get an early listen to the new single if the band decides to preview it there. Green Day previously debuted a song called ‘1981’ at a festival date in October.

It looks like we’ll have to wait a little longer to find out when the actual album will be released, so far we only know that it will come in early 2024 but hopefully, more details will be released on that soon. As always, we’ll keep you posted as more details are made available.

So 24th is confirmed to be a single release (and probably a lyric or music video)? No more, no less?

• Like 1

Just now, legendary said:

Easter egg in the videoFB-IMG-1696175913060.jpg

They're both holding up 2 fingers 
2nd February release confirmed! /j

2 minutes ago, legendary said:

Easter egg in the videoFB-IMG-1696175913060.jpg

2/2/2024 confirmed 🤭

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

So 24th is confirmed to be a single release (and probably a lyric or music video)? No more, no less?

Deffo a music video to go with the single, telling a story to give us a hint of the album's theme maybe.

• Like 1