1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Maybe Green Day will let The Network rework the 1972 EP into Money Money 2020 Part 3:  Oh baby, baby it's Saviour Time! 

Also, Billie doesn't have much going on in October.  

Aaaaaaa finally some teasing!! I still remember when we thought we’re gonna have an announcement on page 1972 of this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

Snooze form won’t let me submit :(

Same! I am panicking about it. Like...what if I NEED to fill that out? Lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

That new Sum 41 song kinda sucks imo. Really not up to the standards of their last few albums, or even the older pop-punk stuff they've done

Idk if OEB is going to be on this new album or not but 1981 certainly is and I'm not sure what to think of that because it just doesn't seem like a song that would be good enough for a really good Green Day album, never mind being a lead single for a new GD album (which I'm not sure if it will be) I'm hoping it's just the "Know Your Enemy", of the album and the rest of the album will be lyrically and musically a bit more complex. Of course, the song could sound better on the album. If it's produced and mixed well, it could genuinely sound pretty great despite the lyrics being nothing worth talking about

Knowing that tease #6 is instrumental clip of 1981, I'm quite excited and looking forward to hearing full studio version. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alexander_seiter said:

I looked into the metadata of the video and the track they used is called "01 American Dream_Up 3_(eq 4-3) 96Khz 24Bit.wav". 

So i guess the name of the single is "American Dream" and the "01" could mean that it's the first track for the new album!

They do tend to shorten track names when they're talking about them or on setlists and stuff, right?

Like Armatage Shanks might just be Armatage, Know Your Enemy is Enemy etc. So American Dream could easily be Sweet American Dreams or the American Dream is killing me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, legendary said:

It's seems like the 'Sweet (American) Dreams' or 'Sweet Dreams' is just a final message for who is subscribing

'The American Dream Is Killing Me' seems to be the album or single title. 

i hope its called 'The American Dream is Killing Me'.. not just the single

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Same! I am panicking about it. Like...what if I NEED to fill that out? Lol

I've registered ok, but trying again now it says 'site cannot be reached'. Maybe it can't cope with demand. Hopefully will work again later.

• Like 1

My hopes are stupidly high for another political concept album- it'll be interesting to see what a post-Trump, post-covid Green Day can come up with. 

I really hope Green Day are firing on all cylinders, otherwise Mike is going to have nothing to say in interviews

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So american dream was really a song name. I guess Saviors is true too then

• Like 4

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

So american dream was really a song name. I guess Saviors is true too then

What was the other track names ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DanagedGoods said:

My hopes are stupidly high for another political concept album- it'll be interesting to see what a post-Trump, post-covid Green Day can come up with. 

I really hope Green Day are firing on all cylinders, otherwise Mike is going to have nothing to say in interviews

Idk if its going to be a whole concept album but I‘m sure it has a few political songs

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BratReject23 said:

Aaaaaaa finally some teasing!! I still remember when we thought we’re gonna have an announcement on page 1972 of this thread. 

Considering how many posts have been submitted in the past hour, we'll hit page 1981 in no time

• Like 2

Just now, Alf said:

It's just me or you guys also hear One Eyed Bastard riff reworked on this teaser?

that's what i'm saying!

Well I stayed up and got what I wanted, if there's any more news by the time I wake up that'd be crazy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alf said:

It's just me or you guys also hear One Eyed Bastard riff reworked on this teaser?

Came here to speculate this with you guys lol. That’s what it sounds like. I’m down. One eyed Bastard rules 

• Like 4

Also, I know we're all very excited right now for whatever is coming- but I implore everyone who's overly giddy on this thread to not go too overboard with your excitement and expectations. If you set your expectations stupidly high, chances are you're only gonna be disappointed when anything is released, cos chances are it won't match up to your pre-conceived expectations. 

As long as we see a shift in terms of quality above FOAM, I'm going to be happy. Am I expecting Green Day's magnum opus (of the inglorious kind)? No, but I would love it if this album is their best work yet. I've enjoyed lurking on this thread for over a year now, and contributing occasionally- and I'd hate to see some of the personalities on here get disappointed or upset due to hyping the album up too much. We're all here for a reason- to await the reveal that @That Dude is actually Mike Dirnt, but we're also all here because we love Green Day. No matter what they output, we should enjoy, relish, and cherish it- as well as remembering all the good times we've had on this thread. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

Do we get an email after subscribing?

It said register to be kept informed. So assume will be updated subsequently via email.

• Like 2