1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

I thought Billie said at the time there were 6 songs left over from the FOAM sessions

Seven, and again he’s mentioned multiple numbers of songs in many interviews in 2020. We have no idea where the six he recorded for 1972 came from, they could have been written more recently 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Seven, and again he’s mentioned multiple numbers of songs in many interviews in 2020. We have no idea where the six he recorded for 1972 came from, they could have been written more recently 

A few pages back @Sanity Loan said they apparently had another album completed by the time FOAM was released. But of course that could’ve been Money Money 2020 Part 2

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

A few pages back @Sanity Loan said they apparently had another album completed by the time FOAM was released. But of course that could’ve been Money Money 2020 Part 2

That is the same group of songs pacie is referencing - and no it was not the network album. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I thought Billie said at the time there were 6 songs left over from the FOAM sessions

Billie is that you? 👀

I'm not Billie. I'm the Reverend Strychnine Twitch. I just shared my expectation. Excited for the new music...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Music, music, music and more music.
 - BJA in their Oakland Coffee message video 10min ago

https://coffeehouse.oaklandcoffee.com/video/a-special-thank-you-from-billie-joe-mike-and-tre?utm_source=All Emails&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2022-02-08 Green Day Video Message Non-Sub (XmRugj)&_kx=xOwEbY-iOMwsu99c26VPQnDNN3c8Dq-CxLE0TnBeGpK_gIyfZgyx9NECql7FbP2_.VwGu8z

A message from our founders, sharing their appreciation and how excited they are for the year ahead.
We have so many awesome plans in the works this year. We can’t wait to share everything with you!

Did they just post this?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

Did they just post this?

I got it in an email just now so it’s going out to the coffee mailing list

• Like 1

Why do I have a feeling these amazing plans include seeling coffee, NFTs and special edition coffee NFTs for non-coffee drinkers.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Why do I have a feeling these amazing plans include seeling coffee, NFTs and special edition coffee NFTs for non-coffee drinkers.

One hope I hang on is the fact that NFTs get a lot of blowback for being bad for the environment.  I can't see owners of a socially and environmentally conscious organic coffee company promoting NFTs. The two just don't go together. It would come off as hugely hypocritical.  That said, I understand musicians have to diversify these days and that means there's going to be an equal emphasis on merch, other products and music (that last bit being by far the least profitable) but I still want to see more of a separation of Green Day as a band versus Green Day the founders of Oakland Coffee.  It makes the music seem like a side gig. 

9 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I hope this means we’re moments away from a big blowout of 1972 news!!!

I had hoped we were getting a single this friday in which case I had hoped for more of an announcement of new music by now beyond a coffee ad. If there's no single, then we could be further away than we think. They could announce something that is months away if Billie's birthday plays no part in this. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I had hoped we were getting a single this friday in which case I had hoped for more of an announcement of new music by now beyond a coffee ad. If there's no single, then we could be further away than we think. They could announce something that is months away if Billie's birthday plays no part in this. 

We still have a chance for an official announcement today, I mean, it’s only just about noon time on the west coast, still plenty of time.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Music, music, music and more music.
 - BJA in their Oakland Coffee message video 10min ago

When Billie says this it sounds like Mike is saying "coffee coffee coffee  new album"

But that could just be my imagination...

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jean said:

When Billie says this it sounds like Mike is saying "coffee coffee coffee  new album"

I heard it too!!! I hope someone could upload the clip to YouTube so we can slow that part down!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

One hope I hang on is the fact that NFTs get a lot of blowback for being bad for the environment.  I can't see owners of a socially and environmentally conscious organic coffee company promoting NFTs. The two just don't go together. It would come off as hugely hypocritical.  That said, I understand musicians have to diversify these days and that means there's going to be an equal emphasis on merch, other products and music (that last bit being by far the least profitable) but I still want to see more of a separation of Green Day as a band versus Green Day the founders of Oakland Coffee.  It makes the music seem like a side gig. 

Well, they've done it for Project Chimps, so I wouldn't put it past them, even though it seems like an extraordinarily bad pick for a nature friendly business. I get that we live in a society and you can't have a business without making money, and I'm not getting upset over that as a concept, but turning your super famous band into a vessel for selling coffee just wasn't a good choice. I don't know, it's just not very exciting to me.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

What are NFTs?

I'm getting non fungible token from Google :lol:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I've uploaded the video on my channel

Shoutout to Uptight, a greatly under appreciated tune from Nimrod, together with Prosthetic Head! 

• Like 4

Could be my ears playing tricks on me but I think I hear Mike say " coffe coffe coffee New Album Soon" at the end. 

42 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Shoutout to Uptight, a greatly under appreciated tune from Nimrod, together with Prosthetic Head! 

One of my all time faves (Uptight) 

Had Prosthetic Head stuck in my head for days last week! 

Another great song

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jean said:

16 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

Could be my ears playing tricks on me but I think I hear Mike say " coffe coffe coffee New Album Soon" at the end. 

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I've uploaded the video on my channel

And the way Tré says, “We got some vinyl.” What else could he talking about besides a vinyl record (new album)?

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2022 at 5:01 PM, localinsomniac said:

Maybe they can just finish their iHeart set

Brand new song, but it ain't that new. ;) I often wonder if they would have unloaded a ton of Trilogy songs on the iheart crowd if they continued playing. 

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Brand new song, but it ain't that new. ;) I often wonder if they would have unloaded a ton of Trilogy songs on the iheart crowd if they continued playing. 

Meltdown or no meltdown, they were still on a strict time limit. Drunk or not drunk, I think Billie still would’ve been furious

• Like 2