1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That was just rusting away abandoned on Papa Cool’s property in the mountains for 25 years. I don’t think they were keeping it for sentimental reasons, they just dumped it and forgot about it. The band hadn’t seen it since 1994 until it got restored. 

I’m sure it brought back memories when they rediscovered it, seeing where they are now compared to where they started from

• Like 3

I had a dream this night. Green Day announced new music coming after European shows and it will be an unplugged album. HAHA!

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

New song called Dude, Where's My Car?  And then Romeo On Holiday and Bang Bang Goes The Billie Joe, Man.

9 minutes ago, legendary said:

Seems like 1972 masters was in the stolen car...

Based on what?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Squashie said:

Based on what?

It’s a joke because we haven’t had any new teases

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s a joke because we haven’t had any new teases

Someone else joked about it a page ago

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Anybody else think we’ll get 1972 news this week?

imo, yes! maybe even sth official (official statement from the band, first single, etc)

they play their "super bowl" show this week

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

imo, yes! maybe even sth official (official statement from the band, first single, etc)

they play their "super bowl" show this week

Totally!!! Like I said, I can’t see them arrive at the show “empty handed”. Because what else would they play besides American Idiot and Basket Case?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Totally!!! Like I said, I can’t see them arrive at the show “empty handed”. Because what else would they play besides American Idiot and Basket Case?

The setlist from Hella Mega is probably a good starting point

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Nothing new here but thought I'd post anyway

Wow so he actually mentioned the 6 songs in an interview? All this time I thought he told a random fan and the EP rumors took off from there!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Minority103 said:

Sooo, new hint for BJ's Birthday? 

I’m wondering if the stolen car incident delayed any teaser plans

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

I’m wondering if the stolen car incident delayed any teaser plans

I was thinking the same thing mmh 

We're hungry for some hints to speculate about, go Sheriff go go! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Wow so he actually mentioned the 6 songs in an interview? All this time I thought he told a random fan and the EP rumors took off from there!

That was like a year ago or more so we don’t if they’re the same six songs. There were a string interviews in 2020 where he said he wrote six then three more then some other number, he’s always writing stuff, writing doesn’t get much notice.  A lot of that was said prior to the Network album and the three singles dropped since and could have been for that.  

What he told the fan was that they recorded six songs. Recording is a significant step from writing and that’s why that’s the true origin of the EP speculation. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That was like a year ago or more so we don’t if they’re the same six songs. There were a string interviews in 2020 where he said he wrote six then three more then some other number, he’s always writing stuff, writing doesn’t get much notice.  A lot of that was said prior to the Network album and the three singles dropped since and could have been for that.  

What he told the fan was that they recorded six songs. Recording is a significant step from writing and that’s why that’s the true origin of the EP speculation. 

I thought Billie said at the time there were 6 songs left over from the FOAM sessions

4 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

Expecting ''New Ep'' (not album) hint or announcement around the weekend...

Billie is that you? 👀

• Like 4