1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

34 minutes ago, jengd said:

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, and believe me I am as excited for new music as anyone but it just occurred to me that they have just released a whole load of merch around the Dookie anniversary.  Surely they will want to let that maximize sales, probably at least until Christmas, before launching any new stuff?  I suppose they could make the announcements tomorrow with a release date in February and then release the new album merch then, it seems like quite a lot of merch coming thick and fast, and quite expensive.  Or maybe they'll just tell us they are awake tomorrow and are getting in on the joke.

A good and commercially logical point.

However, the latest timeline update on album 14 on greenday.fm states that single(s) will be released this year. 

Maybe the announcement tomorrow will give us a hint of a release date, end of Oct/Nov/Dec ? Allowing Dookie 30th to take promotional centre stage on GD's official webpage.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pcj said:

However, the latest timeline update on album 14 on greenday.fm states that single(s) will be released this year. 

Maybe the announcement tomorrow will give us a hint of a release date, end of Oct/Nov/Dec ? Allowing Dookie 30th to take promotional centre stage on GD's official webpage.

Yes, and I have no idea of how this sort of marketing works.  Do you give quite a long dispatch date and only print stuff in batches or is it already printed and waiting in a warehouse somewhere for despatch?

• Like 2

Just now, pcj said:

Maybe the announcement tomorrow will give us a hint of a release date, Oct/Nov/Dec ? Allowing Dookie 30th to take promotional centre stage on GD's official webpage.

Yeah I'm expecting a single/album announcement not the single itself. Will happily be surprised though!

• Like 2

The letters are still impossible to figure out. If they even mean anything in the end.

Out of all the letters, bold or not (excluding the lowercase 't') I was able to cherrypick this:

gREEN dAY

NEW SONg

TILL MOON ROCK BOTTOM

But even that leaves us with the letters  "COPEO" and assumes G, G & D will be part of the equation. 

Yeah... not holding my breath. Just gonna have to wait until tomorrow.

• Like 2

It's enough to make us crazy, I suddenly realised you make eye liner out of the letters but it leaves you with nonsense. NNNCBAORR.   

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jengd said:

Yes, and I have no idea of how this sort of marketing works.  Do you give quite a long dispatch date and only print stuff in batches or is it already printed and waiting in a warehouse somewhere for despatch?

Of course. And if your gonna announce an imminent single release, it's got to be available everywhere now obviously.

We now know tease #6 is 1981. And that was being recorded 18 months ago. So if, and I emphasize if, 1981 is first single, it could have been printed and ready to go for months.

At this point I'm just stopping about the speculation and waiting for tomorrow lol

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DanagedGoods said:

Celebrate Neon Rain honestly sounds great, but I think it's too long of a title. I wonder if it's Green Day inviting us to celebrate their next album, Neon Rain? 

The neon pink colours on the site would make sense, I could see the album cover looking like streaks of "Neon Rain" in the pink colour with GREEN DAY emboldened on the cover, with nothing else. 

I thought the rain was chocolate?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I thought the rain was chocolate?

Studio version of Chocolate Rain, pleeeeeeeeease!   I'd be okay with Billie singing it.  

Are we going to look back and laugh at all our wrong speculation once this album drops or just forget all 1000 pages of this thread forever now?

2 hours ago, pcj said:

To add to this - most/all Dookie 30 stuff was on pre-sale right?

I think those who were going to buy have bought - I doubt a large influx of people are going to buy stuff just because the launch date. Unless new/non presale stuff is out. 

• Like 1

Final speculations... 

blue background for album cover.

13 songs. 

really pop rockin' sound with stronger lyrics than the last few albums. 

some elements of American Idiot and Dookie with a newer sound.  

Some sucess.  kind of the same reactions as Rev Rad from the mainstream world.     GDA loses our minds as usual.    Some of us fall in love with 3/4 of the tracks while being baffled by 2 or 3.   

Okay, that's it.   

LET'S GOOOOOO. 

Jillie Bow, WAKE UP! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HAR said:

Celebrate Neon Rain

I could totally see that being a Tre Network song.

• Haha 2