1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

8 minutes ago, greendepent said:

I don't know what to think about the new site. It seems more a like a prank than something else.

Still, hope it brings something good, even if a meme based stunt is not my preferred way to make hype :lol:

i will eat tré cool's drumset if this turns out to be a prank

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't post on here very often, I just come to read. I think what we all need is some new bangers. I don't think there is any possible way they can top the American Idiot era though. 

50 minutes ago, greendepent said:

I don't know what to think about the new site. It seems more a like a prank than something else.

Still, hope it brings something good, even if a meme based stunt is not my preferred way to make hype :lol:

40 minutes ago, Killjoy From Detroit said:

If this was a prank, I don't think they would've cared about it enough to share it. This is 100% their marketing strategy!!! By the way, the GreenDay_info Instagram said the promotion would start in September, and here we are!! This is the beginning of the promotion!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Killjoy From Detroit said:

I've heard they are dry and crunchy.

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

If this was a prank, I don't think they would've cared about it enough to share it. This is 100% their marketing strategy!!! By the way, the GreenDay_info Instagram said the promotion would start in September, and here we are!! This is the beginning of the promotion!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, everything is coming together

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dirnt286 said:

What did Jason confirm and where?

My apologies, forgot to include link to confirm source. After the intro, the heading 'Timeline' gives full details.

greenday.fm/music/studio-releases/album-14

Sorry, the link is being an arse. You may need to copy and paste into new tab to access site.

Edited by pcj
Link prob
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BratReject23 said:

Billie posted a story about the Dookie release but the font he used is in pink 👀

And a white one, and a red one and a green one. I don’t get why everything they do isn’t green.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, jengd said:

And a white one, and a red one and a green one. I don’t get why everything they do isn’t green.  

I read your post in Malvina Reynolds mode 

• Haha 2

Damn sum41 is rocking on with its' new single. Their last album order in decline was the best album of the year for sure. I hope sum41 will tour with green day

• Like 2
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Macys said:

Damn sum41 is rocking on with its' new single. Their last album order in decline was the best album of the year for sure. I hope sum41 will tour with green day

They said Heaven x Hell would be a separation of "old school" Sum 41 in Heaven and the newer, rougher, harder Sum 41 in Hell. They seriously hit the mark with that the new single, it's absolutely old school Sum 41 and it's such a good song. Really hoping Green Day can strike gold here too. If they do, then this is just the greatest year in a while.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Murkrage said:

They said Heaven x Hell would be a separation of "old school" Sum 41 in Heaven and the newer, rougher, harder Sum 41 in Hell. They seriously hit the mark with that the new single, it's absolutely old school Sum 41 and it's such a good song. Really hoping Green Day can strike gold here too. If they do, then this is just the greatest year in a while.

Yeah I heard that too. That is such a cool concept.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Murkrage said:

BB and RevRad were absolute bangers live. I agree that I don't like that everything from 21CB has been ignored. Stuff like Static Age, Viva la Gloria, Before the Lobotomy, etc. were so good live and I wish they'd bring them back. I honestly believe the setlists from the 21CB tour were the absolute best. There was a surprising amount of variety from show to show, with a solid core, and the balance between old and new was fantastic.

yeah 21st century tour was the best. Billie's voice was just out of this world lol. It is just after perfromace in seville in 2019 they started to decline. I guess covid was the reason.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, StaryedHeart said:

Do you think the page will change today? Or will they stop today beacuse of Dookie?

Might change today. But at this point I'm basically just waiting for start of October. Because none of us are going to figure out what the album title is based on the clues we've got

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, StaryedHeart said:

Do you think the page will change today? Or will they stop today beacuse of Dookie?

So far it has changed every 2 days, so it's due today.  I understand the site is located in California. It's last update happened around 12 noon Pacific Daylight Time. Here in UK it was around 8 pm. Maybe lol.

17 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It's friday! Have a great day everyone :)

And to you. I'm having a Dookie day today, as per my post in that topic.

And remember, don't just say 'have a nice day', but always say 'have a nice Green Day', coz every day is a Green Day, lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, iTokerBoySwag said:

I don't post on here very often, I just come to read. I think what we all need is some new bangers. I don't think there is any possible way they can top the American Idiot era though. 

Agree with you 100%. Theres no way they can top American Idiot.

They’re so far from that now, they’re getting older and American Idiot is just THAT good. Even if they did do something of equal or more quality it still will not be the same. Even if they top the heights achieved in that time, still not the same!

But yes what we need are a handful of some solid radio hits and of course a deep album. On Revolution Radio we got a good handful of hits for airplay but we didnt get that deep roster of tunes. Rev Rad thinned out in the middle. With Foamf we had 1-3 interesting tracks but as a whole effort it wasn’t concise and honestly way too short. 

39 minutes ago, Minority103 said:

When I listen to bang Bang I still feel the feeling when I heard it for the first time, on KQRS Radio they were giving a preview, I got so emotional for how beautiful it was I cried ahah 

Bang bang shocked me when I heard it because I was not expecting that after the singles picked in the trilogy. What a nice surprise. Sounds a bit like Bad Religion.

• Like 4