1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

21 minutes ago, jakdokinori said:

How aware of/involved with these teases do you think the band themselves are? Do you think they had a say in it or came up with/contributed to the idea or do you think the idea was entirely conceived and executed by the marketing team? 

I think very little, maybe they have a final say, probably they  provide an input or direction if they want at some point, but this is mainly on the marketing side. I guess the agency is provided with some direction from the band management, they have access to some material  from the band or a description of it, then they pitch an idea, they get feedback (maybe from the band itself, maybe this is filtered), and then after some iterations the final product is approved (again either directly from the band, maybe not). At least this is what I would expect, I don’t see them heavily interested in this kind of stuff, but could be wrong. 
I think it’’s a different story with music videos, album arts, stage design, and other stuff directly linked to their music. Viral campaigns, social media strategy, etc.? Nah.

• Like 4

Why do we think the site is going to flip to something substantial on Oct 1? Simply because of “Wake me up when September ends” or is there some other evidence suggesting this?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Why do we think the site is going to flip to something substantial on Oct 1? Simply because of “Wake me up when September ends” or is there some other evidence suggesting this?

Just logic

• Like 1

I need to temper my expectations for Sunday. It probably is just another teaser. Singles don’t get released on Sundays. Announcements aren’t made on Sundays either.

• Like 2

I can understand why they wouldn't release a single on a Sunday, but don't really see the problem with annoucing something? All it has to be is an Instagram post or even some sort of confirmation of an album or single title on the website and it'll be there ready for articles to come out Monday.

Unless on the 1st the site switches to something like 'tomorrow' and then we get real info on Monday?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Imagine sunday it's just the word YES and we get nothing for another year

Or it just keeps cycling through variations of 'No' until October 1st 2024. :runaround:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

No one can sleep for 31 days.  This is stupid.

Bro what about bears? Green Day are just hibernating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, dookmeister333 said:

Why cant GD not just put a fucking countdown clock like blink did!? This guessing game is turning everyone retarded! People coming out with fake leaks and speaking complete nonsence, its not good for the mental health 🤣

Hehe no way! This is WAY more fun!

Retarded? Maybe…

Overjoyed? INDUBITABLY!!:dance:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Lol quite possible 

• Like 1

I know Mastodon is not popular but HasItLeaked created an account today and posted this afternoon his first post.
''Green Day will arrive very soon''

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I know Mastodon is not popular but HasItLeaked created an account today and posted this afternoon his first post.

Bit late

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I mean we know

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

>checks IGDA website on October 1st

> "YES"

> says nothing else and leaves for another year

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I don't know what to think about the new site. It seems more a like a prank than something else.

Still, hope it brings something good, even if a meme based stunt is not my preferred way to make hype :lol:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pcj said:

And lastly a further 4 months later, Jason has confirmed what we now know.

What did Jason confirm and where?

• Like 2