1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Why cant GD not just put a fucking countdown clock like blink did!? This guessing game is turning everyone retarded! People coming out with fake leaks and speaking complete nonsence, its not good for the mental health 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dookmeister333 said:

Why cant GD not just put a fucking countdown clock like blink did!? This guessing game is turning everyone retarded! People coming out with fake leaks and speaking complete nonsence, its not good for the mental health 🤣

Fuck me, now i cant even spell properly!! NonsenSe Fml 😭

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Maybe they will once they’re “awake.” I do not expect any announcement of any kind on October 1 because it’s a Sunday and Dookie 30 was just released.

What’s likely is that Oct 1 is the next stage of teasing.

That’s sad

• Sad 1

I don’t remember being “told” there was a delay, I remember lots of debate and supposition about delays but who told us about delays?  Certainly nothing official.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Maybe they will once they’re “awake.” I do not expect any announcement of any kind on October 1 because it’s a Sunday and Dookie 30 was just released.

I never know if you're implying a hint or playing dumb on your statements haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Wait how do you know that it wasn't with Butch Walker, or that it was planned to be on the upcoming record?

Ik it was after FOAM, idk how you know that other stuff

You’ll just have to trust me & wait & see 👀 The short clips that were leaked a couple months back are also from the upcoming record. They’re cool songs too unlike OEB 🙃

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Correct. Something that has never been announced cannot be delayed.

True, but they did sort of announce 1972 (“1972 - RAK Studios London”) with a video that looked very much like an official announcement. Then nothing. If that wasn’t an announcement what was it?

2 minutes ago, Westerberg89 said:

You’ll just have to trust me & wait & see 👀 The short clips that were leaked a couple months back are also from the upcoming record. They’re cool songs too unlike OEB 🙃

The other two were not confirmed as intended for the next album

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Westerberg89 said:

How do you know if they are good ?

Have you heard them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dookmeister333 said:

Ayeeeeeee

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, That Dude said:

The Network run in, grab everything and run out. 

The Snoo, captain underpants, and Van Gough team up and flip the SSL console board over, Fink smashes the ceramic planter pot over his head before crashing through glass, and Baldicci makes off with a couple of pillows from the loveseat :runaround:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My sources tell me the album will have over 2,000 F words, 800 S words and some really despicable combinations of obscenity on it.  

And as requested, I am not serious. I am joking.  My source was weird thoughts in my head while eating rice crisps and drinking sparkling water.  

1972! 

I do have for some really warped, angry stuff.  Not edgelord persay, but maybe. 

I debated going with a larger number.  Like a million F words, but that would be crazy.

It's weird to think Uno has more cuss words than anywhere else because of KILL the DJ. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

My hopes are the announcement of the single, hopefully drops next friday, and then the single drops with the album being announced on the same day.

1 hour ago, jengd said:

I don’t remember being “told” there was a delay, I remember lots of debate and supposition about delays but who told us about delays?  Certainly nothing official.

That's right at no point has the word 'delay' been mentioned.

As @pacejunkie punk said back in December 2021, and when this topic started, the band released a tease:- 

Dec 19/21 – After a long break of no news on the upcoming album, Green Day release a studio tease from RAK Studios in London, England. The tease features a new song clip and seems to hint that the album/EP title will be ‘1972’. 

It was 5 months later before Billie Joe stated a probability.

May 27/22 – Billie Joe is quoted in Kerrang Magazine that Green Day are “making a record that’s probably going to come out in 2023”.

Various teases and studio clips and comments followed, until 8 months later:-

Jan 10/23 – New info from a close band source: despite the 1972 name teases, album 14 does not have a title yet and they are still “in the middle” of working on the new record.

No mention of any delay there.  4 months later came the bombshell, but at least something concrete, that the album was scheduled for 2024. 

May 2/23 – In an interview with Solid State Logic, producer Rob Cavallo indicated the new Green Day album will be released early next year. There was some thought that the interview was old and Cavallo was talking about 2023, but I’ve confirmed with a band source that the new album is in fact scheduled for release in 2024.

And lastly a further 4 months later, Jason has confirmed what we now know.

Sept 19/23 – ‘Has It Leaked’, A popular Twitter account that tracks music leaks, tweeted today “Who said Green Day 2024? That’s not true”. We can confirm, however, that there has been no change to the release schedule – new singles will come in 2023 and the new album will be released in 2024.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, That Dude said:

It's weird to think Uno has more cuss words than anywhere else because of KILL the DJ. 

And Let Yourself Go

Always fuck fucking with my head now
Always fucking with my head and I gotta let it go

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

At this point, I know no more about this than everyone else here: It is an official site.

Fuck yeah, Matt! Flex on that fool 😄

• Like 1

How aware of/involved with these teases do you think the band themselves are? Do you think they had a say in it or came up with/contributed to the idea or do you think the idea was entirely conceived and executed by the marketing team? 

• Like 1