1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

It seems like the Green Day we have now sticks to the hits at these kinds of shows. I mean Hella Mega had nothing from FOAM, and even when they were actively promoting FOAM, they always included a Dookie song or something with every performance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

It seems like the Green Day we have now sticks to the hits at these kinds of shows. I mean Hella Mega had nothing from FOAM, and even when they were actively promoting FOAM, they always included a Dookie song or something with every performance.

But they did they play Pollyanna which was the newest single. I still think they may play one new song next week, and we could get it next Friday

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

Although they did play Pollyanna. Not from FOAM I know but it’s a new song nonetheless

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

But they did they play Pollyanna which was the newest single. I still think they may play one new song next week, and we could get it next Friday

That’s true, but I figured Pollyanna was specifically written with the tour in mind. Didn’t Weezer and/or Fall out Boy also release a single for the tour as well?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zebahar said:

That’s true, but I figured Pollyanna was specifically written with the tour in mind. Didn’t Weezer and/or Fall out Boy also release a single for the tour as well?

I remember someone here speculated that Pollyanna could be a song that was cut from 21CB which, according to Butch Vig, was called Wonderful. And the main hook in the song is, “It’s wonderful to be alive!”

23 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I remember someone here speculated that Pollyanna could be a song that was cut from 21CB which, according to Butch Vig, was called Wonderful. And the main hook in the song is, “It’s wonderful to be alive!”

Butch Vig said that song called "wonderful" had a Beach Boys Vibe. So I don't think Pollyanna is that song you said.

33 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Not neccesarily... What if GD wants to play "Holy Toledo"?🤔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steve46 said:

Maybe they just play a new song at this Super Bowl show. Everyone would be surprised.

I doubt it, this show isn’t being televised. The only way you might hear a new song would be if you were lucky enough to be there when they are doing soundcheck like these lucky fans in 2010.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Bands need to start performing Casual shows and then Formal shows.  

All of us "real" fans in tuxedos or Idiot-Era bandwear... sipping Father of All Dark Roasts and spiking it with booze because it's so darn strong...

and the normies get The Hits From Dookie and Idiot Tour. They are free to wear t-shirts and shorts.

I like this idea a lot.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I don't think so. The song was recorded just a few weeks before it was released, but not sure when it was written.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Haha maybe. He’s kept Blue since he was eleven and still has the shirt from the Longview video so we know when he hangs on to something that long there’s some real love and attachment there

Yeah he’s a hoarder. Must’ve about killed him when they sold a bunch of his stuff on reverb. 

• Like 2

Just now, Cunt said:

Yeah he’s a hoarder. Must’ve about killed him when they sold a bunch of his stuff on reverb. 

When did this happen?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

When did this happen?

It was that big sale of guitars and equipment a few years ago. It was with his blessing but it had to be hard for him to finally let some of these things go, guitars and amps from the recordings of AI, 21CB and the Trilogy. I think he had to free up some space for new things 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Having your place intruded into, things messed with and, most of all, having a thing with emotional value taken away obviously sucks and he seems very sensitive, but at the end of the day, things are just things. It sucks, but it’s not a tragedy.

True. This is really just the news of the day in the absence of new music teases to speculate over. We need that to resume. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It was that big sale of guitars and equipment a few years ago. It was with his blessing but it had to be hard for him to finally let some of these things go, guitars and amps from the recordings of AI, 21CB and the Trilogy. I think he had to free up some space for new things 

They even donated the Bookmobile to Wheels for Wishes a few years ago!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/green-day-donates-tour-bus-023900578.html

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

They even donated the Bookmobile to Wheels for Wishes a few years ago!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/green-day-donates-tour-bus-023900578.html

That was just rusting away abandoned on Papa Cool’s property in the mountains for 25 years. I don’t think they were keeping it for sentimental reasons, they just dumped it and forgot about it. The band hadn’t seen it since 1994 until it got restored. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

What if the reason we haven’t been getting hints is that the master tapes for 1972 were in the stolen car?

It’s Cigarettes And Valentines all over again! </s>

They have got to start keeping those things in a safer place 😜

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

What if the reason we haven’t been getting hints is that the master tapes for 1972 were in the stolen car?

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

They have got to start keeping those things in a safer place 😜

LMFAO!!! The album would’ve been leaked online by now!! 😆

1 hour ago, Gwen Stacy said:

That's what I've been saying! 

You put all four tire plates together and it forms one vinyl record. 

• Haha 3